This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 287953 times)

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #630 on: October 02, 2018, 08:15:51 AM »

Discussions with you is like beating a dead horse...again several of those kids have been with that Coach for several years. Like others have said maybe he was not the best Coach for your kid for whatever reason....at this point I think it had more to do with parent than the kid himself.

Again if you don't have anything new to add to a conversation or constructive then move it along as best you can or move to the next club once the time comes. Enjoy.

Maybe you should try not attacking me bringing up an old argument when I am discussing something completely different.  If you had not started with the protector of kids comment I would not have brought up your crappy coach again.

Maybe you should check again who that initial comment came from...you had already been attacking justanotherhockeydad for stating his opinion.
Superheros are not as tough as i thought. :-*

Btw i also have only one account. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe more than one person believes your full if shit ?

Deleted the other ones did you...  I know that everyone in your group believes I am full of shit. 

inglewoodjackie

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #631 on: October 02, 2018, 09:14:03 AM »
Heard from a friend who's son plays on Chicago Young Americans 2005 AAA team that a San Diego Saints 2005 AA Team beat Colorado Thunderbirds 2005 AAA 3-2 in round robin and went on to lose super close game 5-4 to SJ Sharks 2005 AAA in Semi finals in CCM World Invite in Denver this past weekend. Said he watched game vs Sharks and said it could have gone either way......there were 12 teams(2005 birthyear) in the division and most were AAA apparently.   Can anybody from SD confirm that this is the same team that will compete in flight two this year?
Yes, its the same team- Saints Bantam AA 2.  They are a pure 05 birthyear team,  will compete in flight two this year.  They played in the AAA division and were invited back to the next CCM Invite in Boulder in January.

TopCornzzz

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-9
« Reply #632 on: October 02, 2018, 10:06:00 AM »
Really? So a team that is beating some very good AAA teams is playing in Flight 2??   If I didn't know how incompetent CAHA was I wouldn't believe it!! Sucks for Saints2.....they are going to have a long boring year entertaining 4 teams in their Flight who should be Bantam A!! Hard to get better if you are playing below your level....not to worry, SCAHA also keeping Flight 2 Teams together so even more useless games for top Flight 2 teams!  Keep up the good work!

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #633 on: October 02, 2018, 10:49:48 AM »
I’m sure S2 is a good team. But let’s not get crazy.  I believe they lost to the Gulls. The same Gulls who lost their next two games by a combined 17 goals.  They might be just fine where they are. This is not an insult. It’s a young team.

jjyoung909

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-1
« Reply #634 on: October 02, 2018, 05:00:30 PM »
10-1

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #635 on: October 03, 2018, 09:00:16 AM »
Really? So a team that is beating some very good AAA teams is playing in Flight 2??   If I didn't know how incompetent CAHA was I wouldn't believe it!! Sucks for Saints2.....they are going to have a long boring year entertaining 4 teams in their Flight who should be Bantam A!! Hard to get better if you are playing below your level....not to worry, SCAHA also keeping Flight 2 Teams together so even more useless games for top Flight 2 teams!  Keep up the good work!
you are totally correct "Hard to get better...." that's why this flight system works. The Flight 1 teams shouldn't have to be playing the Flight 2 teams. And all you 05 parents will feel the same way next year.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #636 on: October 03, 2018, 09:45:56 AM »
you are totally correct "Hard to get better...." that's why this flight system works. The Flight 1 teams shouldn't have to be playing the Flight 2 teams. And all you 05 parents will feel the same way next year.

It wasn’t flighted with the thought of ‘04/05.  Both the kings and ducks ‘04 got flight 2 in a bantam major year.  We’ll all be watching the flight one scores. 
As for SCAHA, what’s the excuse for that BS?  We should know the details and # of games before we sign and pay.  Do we get a refund now for playing less games?
A lot of time, effort and money is going into this.  I just don’t see how run time mini games should decide the season at Labor Day.  C’mon, no scores posted, this is f-ing lame.  And it isn’t like we all all just bitching for the sake of it and not doing shit.

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #637 on: October 03, 2018, 10:45:32 AM »
I love how quiet the Midget board is.  They've all left the state.

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #638 on: October 03, 2018, 11:03:33 AM »
I love how quiet the Midget board is.  They've all left the state.

Yep but most of the parents mellow out at that age level as they're used to the CAHA BS and are not as uptight as to where their little Gretzkys will end up.  Also the Midget 16s didn't get flighted as the 18s don't have to worry about it.   :D

Mcp04

• Mite
  • LR Justice +10/-13
« Reply #639 on: October 04, 2018, 06:43:51 AM »
Did you ever wonder why the AA boards are the most active?  A and AAA level at most any age are dormant compared to AA.  Why is that?  It will be interesting to see the responses.  It goes beyond the flight system

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #640 on: October 04, 2018, 08:07:54 AM »
Did you ever wonder why the AA boards are the most active?  A and AAA level at most any age are dormant compared to AA.  Why is that?  It will be interesting to see the responses.  It goes beyond the flight system
Lotta assholes that like to talk shit.

HM

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-2
« Reply #641 on: October 04, 2018, 08:50:45 AM »
Some of this ^^^ could be part of the reason but it's more to do with there being nothing to discuss/fight about at the AAA level outside of some entertainment at the 06 level. There are two teams in SoCal who occasionally play each other. In another month they will travel north to play what I hope is an improved San Jose. That's it ; that's all.

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #642 on: October 04, 2018, 10:42:08 AM »
There is also less AAA teams therefore less kids and therefore less parents too.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #643 on: October 04, 2018, 11:32:32 AM »
Playing A hockey at bantam is for fun only and there isn't much to write about. 
At AAA, there are so few teams that there is nothing really to write about except for your own after the fact experience.  It is such a small community in California, far less than the national average.  A discussion of players placed on teams from other states or daddy coaches is not really going to mean much. There isn't an audience and most people know each other

If your son is playing 16AA especially in a major year then he is pretty much playing hockey for fun only.  Of course there are always exceptions but playing juniors, going to a D1 school or the dream of pros is no longer a remote possibility.  At 16AA the dream ends for most kids and beer league is about to begin.  The talent drop off at 16AA is steep with numerous kids opting for greener pastures outside of this state or to downshift for high school hockey. 
Essentially it is all for fun, but there is much more to second guess at tier II at PW and bantam, especially in this state.  I think that is why there are far more posts.  There is no place quite like California when it comes to youth hockey.   
Wishing everyone a fun and safe weekend.

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #644 on: October 04, 2018, 01:55:39 PM »
Let me correct your statement. All hockey is just for fun. If you are looking for a meal ticket cause your kid got on a team back east or AAA in Cali - that train don’t ride.  If you’re looking to build yourself up because your kid doesn’t play Bantam A or midget AA, I don’t fault you a bit. If your kid plays Bantam A or Midget AA, I’d tell you not to give up on him or her.