This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 287929 times)

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #645 on: October 04, 2018, 02:16:25 PM »
David Perron was playing Midget B at 16 years old. You never know when kids will develop into good players.  It is rare but, it happens... 

Time Flies

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-16
« Reply #646 on: October 06, 2018, 06:14:56 AM »
The Kings2, Bears2, Ducks2 and GSE1 have yet to play or beat a top Flight1 team either. In fact Bears2 only beat Reign by 1 and Kings2 tied Ducks1. Why are those teams Flight1? Based on what? When those teams did play top Flight1 teams in the Jamboree they lost by larger margins than the top Flight2 teams did to Flight1 teams. Based on Scaha reporting Kings1 have only lost to Saints1 and Wave1 by a score of 0-2. Guessing Kings2, Bears2, Ducks2 and GSE1 will lose by much larger margins when they play these same teams. Yet two of those teams are guaranteed a playoff spot before ever playing a real game.

Well this didn’t take long to play out. First night and already Kings2 lost by 6, Bears2 lost by 3 to an all 05 team and Wave1 lost by 4. Flyers won by 6. So glad the brain trust that runs California hockey is making sure all games are competitive. Job well done handing these Flight1 teams an automatic playoff spot without having to earn it.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #647 on: October 06, 2018, 10:40:05 PM »

Well this didn’t take long to play out. First night and already Kings2 lost by 6, Bears2 lost by 3 to an all 05 team and Wave1 lost by 4. Flyers won by 6. So glad the brain trust that runs California hockey is making sure all games are competitive. Job well done handing these Flight1 teams an automatic playoff spot without having to earn it.
That 05 Ducks2 team can play. They gave GSE2 a serious run for their money. Great size for an 05 team and some pretty talented kids too. Perhaps a bit inconsistent, but if they were in Flight2, they'd lose no more than 2-3 games... Beating Bears2 is not a big surprise after watching how Ducks2 played GSE2.

GSE2... Great size and talent but I'm very surprised they let Ducks2 hang around, while losing to GSE1. Aren't GSE2 suppose to be the better Norcal team?! Big win for GSE1.

Can't really comment on Flight2 as I didn't watch any Flight2 games in Lakewood, but I know Flyers have a bunch of decent 04's with size, and will likely win Flight2... I was a bit surprised also to see them assigned to Flight2. However, beating a young, mostly 05 and injury-ridden Empire isn't a good measuring stick IMO. With all due respect, if Flyers were to be put in Flight1, they will likely win no more than 2-3 games...

Not sure what you mean by Flight1 teams not earning their spots, but if you think losing to Saints1 means you didn't 'earn' Flight1 status, you're sadly mistaken. This Saints1 team is maybe a slight notch below Bears1 and is likely the 2nd best team in Bantam AA as we speak. Both OC1 and Wave1 lost to Saints1...

Bears1, Saints1, OC1, Wave1, GSE1, GSE2 and throw in a little Ducks2 to the mix and you got yourself a serious dogfight this season.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 10:41:11 PM by justanotherhockeydad »

puckluck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #648 on: October 07, 2018, 08:52:34 AM »
Kings 2 beat Ducks 2 6-0 last week... Let the teams settle in the 05 teams playing in flight 1 have a bit of a learning curve but they will settle in

Time Flies

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-16
« Reply #649 on: October 07, 2018, 02:12:23 PM »
Kings 2 beat Ducks 2 6-0 last week... Let the teams settle in the 05 teams playing in flight 1 have a bit of a learning curve but they will settle in

Kings2 and Bears2 are not 05 teams.

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #650 on: October 07, 2018, 10:13:27 PM »
I don’t watch any of the flight two games, but I can tell you with utmost certainty how good the teams are and predict their record for the season in any league that I do watch. 

You are CAHA. Congratulations on being exactly what they are so afraid of admitting. Give the man a prize.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #651 on: October 07, 2018, 10:50:56 PM »
Kings2 and Bears2 are primarily '05 with a handful of solid '04's on each squad.  Valencia is about 50/50. 

The results of Flight1 are basically what I expected for the most part.

-Bears1
Barely broke a sweat, lost a top player to injury and still rolled.  Until we have evidence to the contrary, they are probaly the 3rd best AAA '04 team in California.

The AA contenders:

-Saints1
-Wave
-OCHC1
-GSE2

Mid level group:
For the most part, this is the "any given day" group, where if there wasn't flighting, would be in a dog fight.   For a few of the teams in this group that are in the top Flight, it's really going to be hard to say that they are better off, when they will regularly lose to the top 5 by 3-5+ goals.   

Some of these teams do have the potential to knock off a team in the upper group on a given day, and for some it's probably not very likely, but either way there's just not a huge gap between the teams in this group, even if some of the coaches and parents have delusional beliefs to the contrary.  Not sure if it's going to be blessing or a curse that they won't get to play any Flight2 teams even in SCAHA.  After a while, even if the team is improving, it can be hard to see the upside, when the improvement is still at the expense of losing games.

-GSE1
-Kings1
-Kings2
-Bears2
-Ducks1
-Ducks2
-Flyers
-Sharks
-Saints2
-Jr. Reign

Flight2 challenged:
-Empire: showed some improvement and got an injured player back, but still seem a notch below the level needed to string together some wins
-OCHC2:  3 Games down, and they have 1 goal and -23 goal differential.  Don't see this getting much better.

Shoutout to Wave2 that were arguably better and had more potential than OCHC2.  That team is now defunct, as in, players scattered to other AA teams and not enough players left over to reformulate at A.  A job well done CAHA/SCAHA! 

It's a long season, and all you can hope for is that kids continue to learn the game, learn to compete, avoid injury, and come out on the other side of it still wanting to play next season.

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #652 on: October 08, 2018, 08:51:18 AM »
From a coaching point of view, releasing unhappy players is better than having a malcontent creating more malcontents. As far as why certain teams dropped versus other teams, look no further than who calls the shots 🤴🦆🦈 As long as those in control have vested interests💰💰💰 the decisions made will always have the decision makers best interests in mind before anyone else’s. When the say it’s about the children, it’s always about the 💵💵💵

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #653 on: October 08, 2018, 09:43:23 AM »
Why are there people on here comparing the WW team to top flight 1 teams?  They got handled not only in the Jamboree but also in CAHA weekend 1.  That team is Big and Slow   The Saints and Bears are cream of the crop.  I actually give the edge to the Saints because they are more physical.  Bears players are NOT a physical team hence their Euro coach. It’s simply not his style.  If u hit the Bears you can even out the miss-matches. (Gotta catch them first because they are fast)  The Saints are therefore the team to beat.  Time will tell as the kids get stronger towards the end of the season.  The Bears beat up on a team this weekend 10-1 the other team had 3 shots on goal.  It will also be interesting to see how the bears goalies react to Actual competition since they are rarely tested.  Good luck to all. 

Time Flies

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-16
« Reply #654 on: October 08, 2018, 09:54:26 AM »
Bears1 could have beat up their baby brothers too but held it to 5 to save face for Bears2, who have no business being in flight 1 over any of the top 5 teams from flight 2. Agreed about Wave1, but their parents dominate this board.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:14:29 AM by Time Flies »

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #655 on: October 08, 2018, 10:38:32 AM »
Their parents dominate, the boards not so much. Tailgating they have most teams beat by a galactic parcec

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #656 on: October 08, 2018, 10:42:45 AM »
Why are there people on here comparing the WW team to top flight 1 teams?  They got handled not only in the Jamboree but also in CAHA weekend 1.  That team is Big and Slow   The Saints and Bears are cream of the crop.  I actually give the edge to the Saints because they are more physical.  Bears players are NOT a physical team hence their Euro coach. It’s simply not his style.  If u hit the Bears you can even out the miss-matches. (Gotta catch them first because they are fast)  The Saints are therefore the team to beat.  Time will tell as the kids get stronger towards the end of the season.  The Bears beat up on a team this weekend 10-1 the other team had 3 shots on goal.  It will also be interesting to see how the bears goalies react to Actual competition since they are rarely tested.  Good luck to all.
I would have to agree with you 100%

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #657 on: October 08, 2018, 02:28:03 PM »
C :D :D L.  My Kid is finally considered big.  Awesome!!!   ;D   Moving up in the world.

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #658 on: October 08, 2018, 02:28:44 PM »
Voice in your head.   Love your post.  They all love money.

Fowlmood

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-34
« Reply #659 on: October 08, 2018, 02:31:35 PM »
Barely broke a sweat, lost a top player to injury and still rolled.  Until we have evidence to the contrary, they are probaly the 3rd best AAA '04 team in California.  I totally agree.  Add triple A players to a AA squad and get the 3rd best triple a team.  I couldn't have said it better.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:32:31 PM by Fowlmood »