This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 287968 times)

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #690 on: October 24, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »
Vagina

M@sshole

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #691 on: October 24, 2018, 10:53:43 AM »
Congrats WW!  Not that I'm not interested in the 3 or so entertaining pages this WW/ Bears tournament debate will result in, but does anyone have comment on the actual games played in So Cal this weekend?  Hockeypop, I thought you'd been on a bender when you had OC1 by only 2 against JD2.  JD2 proved me wrong big time with only losing by 1.  Didn't see that game, but surprised by score.  Anyone with insight from that game?  Anyone know the scores of the flight 2 games that weren't posted, Saints2 vs Jr Reign or OC2 vs JK1?

OC1 came out against Ducks2 looking like they were trying to play a hockey game after doing leg day at the gym. Took OC1 the second period - into the 3rd - to get back on their game. Probably took Ducks2 a little to lightly and Ducks2 showed they can play.

The 05's on OC1 played several chippy games against this Ducks2 squad last year and that carried over with some late hits by OC1 and slashing behind the play by Ducks2. Followed by the sh*t show of parents claiming after the game that their kids were being targeted. Probably a match up you want to watch with an Irish coffee the rest of the season.

ABCDE

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +25/-8
« Reply #692 on: October 24, 2018, 11:38:29 AM »
Ducks2 can play, but I figured OC1 by 4.  Maybe too much credit to OC1, but they can take care of business.  Will have to catch that rematch in Vacaville.

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #693 on: October 24, 2018, 12:20:21 PM »
ABCDE, a true Vagina!  Setting lines on youth hockey, GET A LIFE!

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #694 on: October 24, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »
ABCDE, a true Vagina!  Setting lines on youth hockey, GET A LIFE!
You tell 'em WS !!!
Handicapping youth sports, what a loser !!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 02:12:57 PM by trans4761 »

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #695 on: October 24, 2018, 02:33:31 PM »
WS??   Huh.  Is that short for wussy or something??

White Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #696 on: October 24, 2018, 05:44:19 PM »
How did they do?
I have a friend with a son on that team.  I believe the Bears tied one and lost two games.

InDZone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #697 on: October 25, 2018, 10:53:50 AM »
How did they do?
I have a friend with a son on that team.  I believe the Bears tied one and lost two games.

Looks like they tied 1 game and lost three games.

White Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #698 on: October 25, 2018, 11:16:34 AM »
Thank you for correcting and updating.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #699 on: October 25, 2018, 11:40:00 AM »
How did they do?

Looks like they tied 1 game and lost three games.
In my opinon the bears 1 team is a very good AA team.  Buts that ehat they are, a AA team with a good coach, that found the newest nitch (prep school).  They are no where close to last years team.  THAT team was a legitimate  AAA level team.  Talk that they are as stacked as last years team is just not true.  I think the parents will be the first to acknowledged that as they seem to be even keeled...at least the ones that are original Bears.
Jmo

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #700 on: October 25, 2018, 12:03:49 PM »
Everyone talks about the downside to prep school on hockey in California. I agree we lose some of the top end talent sometimes, but look at what we get back.

Remember when the stands were packed with mid-six figure parents who wanted to talk about how their second-line kid was misunderstood and too special for the team?  They are gone now. They are special somewhere else. And the parents can now do what they really wanted- brag without the effort of involvement.

So next time you look around the stands and see the crowd rooting for a team rather than the opportunity for their child to be special. Thank prep schools. They might actually be worth the bargain from where I’m sitting.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #701 on: October 25, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »
Everyone talks about the downside to prep school on hockey in California. I agree we lose some of the top end talent sometimes, but look at what we get back.

Remember when the stands were packed with mid-six figure parents who wanted to talk about how their second-line kid was misunderstood and too special for the team?  They are gone now. They are special somewhere else. And the parents can now do what they really wanted- brag without the effort of involvement.

So next time you look around the stands and see the crowd rooting for a team rather than the opportunity for their child to be special. Thank prep schools. They might actually be worth the bargain from where I’m sitting.
LOL

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #702 on: October 25, 2018, 02:23:17 PM »
The Bears Goalies were exposed, someone previously said that if you hit the Bears and get shots on goal against their Goalies who are rarely tested you can beat them, Trans sir I think you even agreed to that post.  Sounds like this is exactly what happened back east.  Good luck to all and don’t forget to face wash me because here at BRAZZERS we love a good facial!

Time Flies

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-16
« Reply #703 on: October 29, 2018, 12:29:55 PM »
Looks like Bears2 lost to the flight two Ducks1 this weekend. Once again, a great example of the geniuses at CAHA and SCAHA deciding which teams deserve to be where before a single game is played. Way to go on ruining the entire season and development for so many kids and for handing an undeserving playoff spot to others.

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #704 on: October 29, 2018, 02:55:41 PM »
Looks like Bears2 lost to the flight two Ducks1 this weekend. Once again, a great example of the geniuses at CAHA and SCAHA deciding which teams deserve to be where before a single game is played. Way to go on ruining the entire season and development for so many kids and for handing an undeserving playoff spot to others.
Heard that Kings 2 beat OC1, which if true, is a surprise.    Kids and teams do develop during a season, which may be a reason to have seasons.    Maybe it makes more sense to have a single AA division and push down the teams that clearly do not belong.   

6607 today makes a great point about the importance of extra ice time.   My observation is that kids who either play roller and/or get a lot of extra ice time, develop faster and that top teams sort of expect it.   There is only so much than even a great coach can accomplish in 2-3 hours per week.    While controversial, hockey is mostly a year around activity.   If not, the kids need a second sport or a challenging fitness program to fully develop.   Tier hockey can't be approached like AYSO soccer.   

Congrats to Bantam AA1 Ducks for their victory over Bears2.