Hockey Discussions > High School Hockey

THA taking hugh steps!!!

(1/9) > >>

hipcheck34:
This is my sons 3rd and final year at THA, and I have to say this is the most he has been excited to start school since he started preschool. What a huge step THA took this year and now being to field 2 complete teams. One Prep Team and a Varsity High school team. The Prep team will be part of NAHL and NAFP. I remember the first year 17 kids second year 28 and this year they stand at 40 student athletes. Dont take this wrong as this isn't for every kid out there but if your son is serious you have to look into this program. I know it dosent come without its down falls, but what program does???

jvreagan:
I heard that they changed up the academic approach this year and are partnering with the local schools for academics - any insight you could share on that?

area51:

--- Quote from: hipcheck34 on August 07, 2018, 09:03:34 AM ---This is my sons 3rd and final year at THA, and I have to say this is the most he has been excited to start school since he started preschool. What a huge step THA took this year and now being to field 2 complete teams. One Prep Team and a Varsity High school team. The Prep team will be part of NAHL and NAFP. I remember the first year 17 kids second year 28 and this year they stand at 40 student athletes. Dont take this wrong as this isn't for every kid out there but if your son is serious you have to look into this program. I know it dosent come without its down falls, but what program does???

--- End quote ---
serious about hockey or an education?

hipcheck34:

--- Quote from: jvreagan on August 07, 2018, 09:23:18 AM ---I heard that they changed up the academic approach this year and are partnering with the local schools for academics - any insight you could share on that?

--- End quote ---

They changed it up last year. The boys now have classes at South Lake Tahoe High School and also online courses. My south was very happy to have some classes at the HS. It also was a hugh with the support of the Team. When we held are first Prep Tournament last year the rink was packed for all there games.

hipcheck34:

--- Quote from: area51 on August 07, 2018, 10:25:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: hipcheck34 on August 07, 2018, 09:03:34 AM ---This is my sons 3rd and final year at THA, and I have to say this is the most he has been excited to start school since he started preschool. What a huge step THA took this year and now being to field 2 complete teams. One Prep Team and a Varsity High school team. The Prep team will be part of NAHL and NAFP. I remember the first year 17 kids second year 28 and this year they stand at 40 student athletes. Dont take this wrong as this isn't for every kid out there but if your son is serious you have to look into this program. I know it dosent come without its down falls, but what program does???

--- End quote ---
serious about hockey or an education?

--- End quote ---

Serious about both, They have a very strict on every player has to be at 3.0 or you dont skate at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version