Hockey Discussions > Squirt Hockey

Squirts 2019-2020

<< < (5/5)

MiteyMom:
Does anyone know how many teams qualify for the sacha playoffs?

Rats13:

--- Quote from: MiteyMom on February 01, 2020, 01:11:23 PM ---Does anyone know how many teams qualify for the sacha playoffs?

--- End quote ---

HockeyGuy-99:
Nothing too exciting out of the squirt thread.  Everyone is losing their minds in the PeeWee and Bantam thread and nothing crazy at this age group?  I guess if you don't have an older kid you don't know about this board yet.  lol

Any cool spring programs out there?  What's the buzz?   

lcadad:

--- Quote from: HockeyGuy-99 on February 13, 2020, 09:06:46 AM ---Nothing too exciting out of the squirt thread.  Everyone is losing their minds in the PeeWee and Bantam thread and nothing crazy at this age group?  I guess if you don't have an older kid you don't know about this board yet.  lol

--- End quote ---

Squirt is the last sane year you'll participate in.  The CAHA Tier (AAA, AA) system is insane. 

Over the last 5 years or so I've noticed a transition from club spring programs to independent programs.  I think this has to do with the fact that most of the coaches want to make some money if they are coaching spring, so they are loathe to work for a club and the typical pay share they might get. The exceptions are where there is a coach who is essentially the owner/operator of the club.  Some examples:

CA Patriots (Lots of Kings and Ducks coaches & players)
Angry Eskimos  (Wave & Other kids)
Maxwell Hockey Camp.

The best thing you could do is have your kid play another sport in the spring (baseball, lax, tennis, swimming etc) and talk to the other parents about their plans.  Get some realistic guidance from your coach(es) about your kid's strengths and weaknesses.   10-11 year olds don't have a high tolerance for an NHL style off season.  Things have to be fun for them, or you risk burning em out and turning them off from the sport.  There are some in house leagues that can keep your kid on the ice, while still making it enjoyable for them.

Strawman:

--- Quote from: HockeyGuy-99 on February 13, 2020, 09:06:46 AM ---Nothing too exciting out of the squirt thread.  Everyone is losing their minds in the PeeWee and Bantam thread and nothing crazy at this age group?  I guess if you don't have an older kid you don't know about this board yet.  lol

--- End quote ---

Wait till you get to Midgets, where the board is dead because everyone has either quit or left the state.  Enjoy the peace while you can!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version