This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PW AA 2019-2020  (Read 243387 times)

Blueliner2

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
Re: PW AA 2019-2020
« Reply #465 on: March 01, 2020, 06:32:18 PM »
Your missing the point entirely. I have no shame in the way any of these boys played. The Kings, the Flyers, ALL of the kids this weekend left it all on the ice. Apparently, you haven’t learned that yet. It’s not all about the “W” at this age. It’s about setting an example and life lessons at this age, otherwise they turn out out just like the individual we are all witnessing...

Beer Leaguer

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #466 on: March 01, 2020, 06:38:28 PM »
2 cups time to go to bed the grown ups are talking
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:39:11 PM by Beer Leaguer »

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2020, 07:05:33 PM »
Blue Liner & Beer Leaguer...  “Get over it”.   I’m NOT missing the point!!!  “You LOST””.   You two are [size=78%]are the children in this conversation...  Time to take a brake from youth hockey![/size]

Beer Leaguer

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #468 on: March 01, 2020, 07:14:06 PM »
I am over my kids win or loss this weekend if they played. Maybe my kid was on marinersor maybe my kids on ducks 1. Either way i don’t seem to be living through my kid’s team win and losses. It’s about more than that especially when they will end up in an beer league.

Good luck to the classy teams, players and parents. And remember it’s youth hockey

Don’t take it personal remember I’m delusional.

Blueliner2

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #469 on: March 01, 2020, 07:36:25 PM »
“You LOST””.

Proving my point with every response, you are everything that is wrong with youth sports. Trust me, no loss here. Boys took the #1 team to OT, knocked off a solid GSE 2 team and took another solid Kings team to a 5 round SO. TONS of lessons learned and part of a team that was an absolute privilege to be apart of. Faced some adversity with some quitters and yet, through all of that, had an amazing season. Wish all of the kids and respectful parents from the remaining 4 teams all the best in 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:37:59 PM by Blueliner2 »

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #470 on: March 01, 2020, 08:03:39 PM »
Blue Liner...  Your delusional responses are just sour grapes!!!  You Flyers parents have some very good players BUT...  The team you should be really PISSED off at is Ducks 1 for fleecing your players & ex Flyer parents who allowed 17/18 Squirt A team to be deluded..

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #471 on: March 02, 2020, 10:39:41 AM »
Blue Liner...  Your delusional responses are just sour grapes!!!  You Flyers parents have some very good players BUT...  The team you should be really PISSED off at is Ducks 1 for fleecing your players & ex Flyer parents who allowed 17/18 Squirt A team to be deluded..

Not a Duck, but how do you figure the Flyers were "fleeced"?  Ducks won in overtime, as did your Kings eventually in a shootout.  I'm not certain there's any delusion either.  The Flyers played excellent this weekend and are to be commended.  If anything, the kid who left the Flyers for the Kings in the middle of the season should be the issue.  Was he recruited in the middle of the season?  Were promises made to entice them south?  Then again, there's a reason that all of those kids from the Flyers area left for other teams.  Coaching?  The program?  Something is behind the mass exodus to greener pastures. 

2 Cups, I would be a bit more humble after this weekend.  By no means did the Kings crush their opponents.  In fact, the Kings beat an 09 team punching above their weight all season (kudos to GR2!!!).  You then lost by a two-goal deficit to GSE1, and defeated the Flyers in a shootout.  You made it through by the slightest of margins.  Your Kings are not the conquering heroes you make them out to be. 

Of course, all of this will be decided in two weeks at Finals.

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #472 on: March 02, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
Golden Knight 2 years ago the Flyers SQA team had hand full of those Duck1 players...  They jump ship to play PWAA...  Apparently the Duck logo & the commute to Lakewood rink was more appealing? 

I agree Kings1 should be eliminated but they are NOT!   Personally, Winning it all is going to be a tall order for the Kings!

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #473 on: March 02, 2020, 04:15:43 PM »
Golden Knight 2 years ago the Flyers SQA team had hand full of those Duck1 players...  They jump ship to play PWAA...  Apparently the Duck logo & the commute to Lakewood rink was more appealing? 

I would have to guess that all of the Valencia/Santa Clarita/Canyon Country kids that should call the Flyers home left for a clear reason.  I've heard it said that it is coaching, the program itself, and the inability to address the concerns of parents.  When people are willing to drive well beyond their home rink and spend three hours on a commute daily, you can bet there is a larger problem at the core.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:28:47 PM by Golden Knight »

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #474 on: March 03, 2020, 10:40:38 AM »
I haven't seen anyone like the coaching.  Seems to be an issue, but a 3 hour commute for PWAA seems a bit too much.  CAHA should do territories like Canada.  If you live in an area you play in your area.  How many players burn out looking for teams.  Assign birth year AA and AAA teams to different districts.  Even let the Kings and Ducks have their floating districts for the kids that like brand names.  Valley would have a super strong team if Valley kids stayed there.

Side note. Flyers coach isn't for everyone but is the best one out there for development that I've seen in this league.  But strength training and skill development is better than most.  Not selling him, but heard lots of bashing in the past and much of it is because people want their hands held.  I like coaches that don't listen to whining parents and focus on the player development.  My opinion and others will have a different view. 

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #475 on: March 03, 2020, 01:49:53 PM »
As an outsider who has watched Valencia teams since the Express days, that facility is A+ and the coaching/teams have grown and excelled and improved at most levels.  Sure, there is a bad/down team or two, but the idea of parents who are willing to leave a situation as bountiful as Valencia and drive 3 hours for "something better" is 1,000% the problem with hockey parents and the spoiled brats they raise.  To think nothing is ever good enough equals the pinnacle of douchebaggery parenting. 

You people realize this idea of jumping from club to club and chasing the best of the best ONLY happens in club ice hockey.  That is why so many are making huge mistakes pertaining to the futures of their kids. 

High school sports and rules prohibit players from going from school to school and playing on teams in districts where they DO NOT LIVE.  Whatdoyaknow... and all those other sports have 3 to 4 more times the available teams and full scholarships in college available to athletes of those other sports.  Allowing parents to chase a sport beyond their local community is moronic and done under the guise of "what's best for my little angel's future."  Newsflash, you are only making things worse. 

Blueliner2

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #476 on: March 03, 2020, 03:55:01 PM »
Last 2 posts were on point. Kudos to both. Blades just nailed Valencia’s “problem” on the head.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 04:11:36 PM by Blueliner2 »

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #477 on: March 03, 2020, 04:45:04 PM »
To be fair, the CAHA system pulls kids out of Valencia as well as every other club in the area, if you have aspirations to play AAA. 

This is only the 4th year that Valencia has had a Tier program, and it's entirely built and run by one coach, so there's not much scalability to that.  Just as an aside there were any number of 04-06 locals who had already gone to other programs by the time it was started, so the program had to be built back up, which takes a while. 

That coach can only coach 2 teams, and even with 2, there are frequent times that coach can only be in one place at a time.  He really doesn't have an assistant coach or coaches that are on anything close to an equal footing or partnership, and compared with some of the other clubs I think this is an area that could be improved upon.  The U16 coach this season has coached off and on, including a few stints as the Jr. A coach, but from what I've heard, next year U16 will be coached again by the head Tier coach. 

This same (head tier) coach told me his philosophy is entirely (paraphrasing here) "building individual player skills, and I don't care about anything else."  This makes a lot of sense to me.  With that said, being part of that program is an intense commitment of time and effort that probably equals what AAA teams undertake.  Best pure bang for your buck in terms of ice time and dryland I know of in California.

The club itself, outside of all the good things that tier program is doing, has what seems to be an ongoing issue with the fact that the parents have really no input into the way the club is run.  It's essentially administered by staff at the rink, and when CAHA or SCAHA policy is discussed or voted upon, VJF is MIA.  This leads to the feeling that many parents have, that the club itself isn't interested in ways it could be run better, but that doesn't make Valencia unique nor unusual when compared to other clubs.

DangleSnipeCelly

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #478 on: March 04, 2020, 02:00:12 AM »
I am the dad of the kid who moved from the Flyers to Kings 1.
No enticements. No recruiting. No promises. The day we were verbally assaulted in front of our son and then watched our 12 year son get berated by the Flyers PWAA head coach when our son simply asked his coach if he could meet him and talk, we left the team. Plain and simple. Any other story out there is untrue. We teach our son to treat others with respect and we expect a head coach to demonstrate leadership qualities especially in front of his 12 year old player. Wasn't the first time this occurred but it was definitely going to be the last time. After we left, the Flyers PWAA head coach sent an email to our son apologizing for his actions. Nothing to gain other than an important lesson for our son: Nothing in life is worth more than your own self-respect for the way you allow yourself to be treated. Whatever positive impact our son could have offered the rest of this Flyer's season, parents can give those dirty looks to their coach. :(" title="Angry" class="smiley" style="vertical-align: bottom;">  

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #479 on: March 04, 2020, 08:12:52 AM »
All Natural