This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PW AA 2019-2020  (Read 243429 times)

Carl Henry

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-5
Re: PW AA 2019-2020
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2020, 07:36:14 PM »
GR2 did beat the Bears, and Bears lost to the Gulls today 5-6.

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2020, 08:13:05 PM »
GR2 did beat the Bears, and Bears lost to the Gulls today 5-6.

What happened to your Bears?

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #377 on: January 09, 2020, 03:53:06 PM »
After what I saw this past weekend, here are the top TEAMS:

Ducks
Ice Dogs 1
Eagles 1
Bears

Are there any surprises left for the last weekend? 

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #378 on: January 09, 2020, 04:04:02 PM »

Ducks
Ice Dogs 1
Eagles 1
Bears

:o :o :o

Hockeymomx

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +5/-0
« Reply #379 on: January 09, 2020, 04:46:16 PM »

Ducks
Ice Dogs 1
Eagles 1
Bears

Don’t you think the Kings belong on this list?  They are 12-1 and ranked second in CAHA.

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #380 on: January 09, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »

Ducks
Ice Dogs 1
Eagles 1
Bears

Don’t you think the Kings belong on this list?  They are 12-1 and ranked second in CAHA.

And they have beat 2 teams on this “top TEAMS” list including ID (1) by 5 and GSE (1) last weekend by 3.

Didn’t the Bears just lose to the Gulls?

Someone just doesn’t like the Kings I’m guessing.

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #381 on: January 09, 2020, 05:12:32 PM »
"Kings 1 gets NO respect"   

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #382 on: January 09, 2020, 05:35:40 PM »

No, or I would have put them there.  Notice the emphasis on TEAM.  I have no issue with the Kings.  Kids are nice, respectful, and play hard.  They are a collection of skilled players that play like individuals.  From what I've also seen from their coach, they dont value team play and reward selfishness.

So no, the Kings aren't a top team.

ChainGun105

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-6
« Reply #383 on: January 09, 2020, 08:43:01 PM »
1. Ducks
- only 1 team to keep them under 5 goals = GSE1 (2)

2. Kings1
3. IceDogs1
4. GSE1
- 2-4 are a tight group. 
- Kings1 beat ID1 by 5 & GSE1 by 3
- ID1 & GSE1 tied 2-2.

5. Bears
6. Flyers
7. GSE2
- 5-7 tight group, but inconsistent bunch.
- on a good day, they can hang with 2-4; then again, on a bad day...

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #384 on: January 09, 2020, 09:20:45 PM »
1. Ducks

2. Kings1
3. IceDogs1
4. GSE1
- 2-4 are a tight group. 
- ID1 & GSE1 tied 2-2.

5. Bears
6. Flyers
7. GSE2

Much more realistic rankings.

I guess who cares what team is a better “TEAM”, isn’t it W’s that matter?

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #385 on: January 10, 2020, 09:47:54 AM »
OC Hockey Dad 07...   "That's more like it"   

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #386 on: January 10, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »
1. Ducks

2. Kings1
3. IceDogs1
4. GSE1
- 2-4 are a tight group. 
- ID1 & GSE1 tied 2-2.

5. Bears
6. Flyers
7. GSE2

I guess it all depends on what your values are and what your kid views as having a "fun" time.  If your kid is content sitting on the bench, not being developed into a hockey player who is capable of understanding (and showing) how to play actual hockey, then I guess you're right.  The win matters more than learning how to play and having fun.

If your kid wants to actually be on the ice, learn the game, and play team hockey versus mite/squirt hockey (e.g. the kids who never move the puck and attempt to go coast-to-coast), then the win doesn't matter.  Who cares if you win and kids aren't learning.  Is your kid really getting better sitting on the bench?  Is a championship meaningful if your kid is just on the team and doesn't actually play to earn it?

At the end of the day, these kids are kids.  Having fun and playing matters; the wins don't.  Last time I checked youth hockey is still about the development of these kids into adults of character.  Playing team hockey and being a good teammate matters at every level. 

The Ws don't matter if they come at the expense of kids not developing.  In fact, the Ws don't matter at all.  From what I've seen of the Kings team (which is a lot) I'm not interested in what they bring to the table.  The yelling and screaming by the coaching staff, the demeaning of players, the insistence on rewarding selfish play, and other line items are clear indicators of fundamental problems.

Fifth Liner Grinder

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #387 on: January 10, 2020, 11:53:14 PM »
1. Ducks

2. Kings1
3. IceDogs1
4. GSE1
- 2-4 are a tight group. 
- ID1 & GSE1 tied 2-2.

5. Bears
6. Flyers
7. GSE2

I guess it all depends on what your values are and what your kid views as having a "fun" time.  If your kid is content sitting on the bench, not being developed into a hockey player who is capable of understanding (and showing) how to play actual hockey, then I guess you're right.  The win matters more than learning how to play and having fun.

If your kid wants to actually be on the ice, learn the game, and play team hockey versus mite/squirt hockey (e.g. the kids who never move the puck and attempt to go coast-to-coast), then the win doesn't matter.  Who cares if you win and kids aren't learning.  Is your kid really getting better sitting on the bench?  Is a championship meaningful if your kid is just on the team and doesn't actually play to earn it?

At the end of the day, these kids are kids.  Having fun and playing matters; the wins don't.  Last time I checked youth hockey is still about the development of these kids into adults of character.  Playing team hockey and being a good teammate matters at every level. 

The Ws don't matter if they come at the expense of kids not developing.  In fact, the Ws don't matter at all.  From what I've seen of the Kings team (which is a lot) I'm not interested in what they bring to the table.  The yelling and screaming by the coaching staff, the demeaning of players, the insistence on rewarding selfish play, and other line items are clear indicators of fundamental problems.

As a parent from the outside, (not jr. kings or jr. ducks ) you are a joke golden knights..... yep, my first post, come at me buddy, my team is in the bottom of the league, but as a parent who went to clinics with that “demeaning screaming coach” from the outside, I’m still bummed I didn’t do that drive to be a part of that TEAM. As someone from far, shush princess, please.

I looked at your posts, if you go through them, you are obviously a kings hater, probably expected your kid to be AAA, right???

Wake up buddy. It’s hard to see parents like you...... you know what, I’ll end there.....

Ducks
Kings 1
Ice dogs 1
GSE 1
Bears
GSE 2
Flyers
Ice dogs 2

Done

Go to bed, Knighty knight

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #388 on: January 11, 2020, 10:58:49 AM »
1. Ducks

2. Kings1
3. IceDogs1
4. GSE1
- 2-4 are a tight group. 
- ID1 & GSE1 tied 2-2.

5. Bears
6. Flyers
7. GSE2

As a parent from the outside, (not jr. kings or jr. ducks ) you are a joke golden knights..... yep, my first post, come at me buddy, my team is in the bottom of the league, but as a parent who went to clinics with that “demeaning screaming coach” from the outside, I’m still bummed I didn’t do that drive to be a part of that TEAM. As someone from far, shush princess, please.

I looked at your posts, if you go through them, you are obviously a kings hater, probably expected your kid to be AAA, right???

Wake up buddy. It’s hard to see parents like you...... you know what, I’ll end there.....

Ducks
Kings 1
Ice dogs 1
GSE 1
Bears
GSE 2
Flyers
Ice dogs 2

Done

Go to bed, Knighty knight

That's it, Fifth Liner??  That's the best you e got?  No Kings hate here, just clearly seeing what they are.  They've already had one kid quit because of the coach.

AAA?  Laughable.  That's always the defense those who chase wins at all costs resort to.  I guess it's easy to justify your kid's lack of development because your team won a game in which your kid played all of five minutes in only certain situations.  Keep wearing the Crest without demanding the learning!

For me?  My kid is developing and having a great time.  Strangely, hes even having fun.  Oddly enough, his team even wins the odd game in which every kid has earned almost equal time.  How novel.

Know what you're talking about, Fifth Liner.

Fifth Liner Grinder

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2020, 12:53:41 PM »

Buddy Knight,
[size=78%]So [/size][/size][size=78%]you are implying the Kings aren’t having fun or developing? They looked like they were having fun last weekend...[/size][/size][size=78%]Kids quit teams all the time. I heard they added a kid from another team, how does that help your logic? The kid switched to the big bad coach and selfish team? That goes to my next point, a[/size][/size][size=78%]ccording to you, they aren’t a “team” either, so the team, who doesn’t play like a team, beats a real “team” Ice Dogs 1 in their barn, 5-0, and your take was “I feel the ice dogs lost it more than the kings won it”[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Think about that take. 5-0. Not 2-1,3-2, 5-3....... 5-0. Your take- Ice dogs lost it, kings didn’t win it. 5-0....[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]That’s why I think there is something personal with you and the Kings, hater. The bears are more of a team, because inconsistency is what great teams do right? It’s AA, you also think players should get equal playing time?[/size]
[/size]
[/size]What would I know though, I’m already looking at spring hockey because our team STINKS.but seriously, what did that club do to you!?[size=78%]