This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PW AA 2019-2020  (Read 244048 times)

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
Re: PW AA 2019-2020
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2020, 01:49:21 PM »
I cant speak to the new kid from the Flyers who joined the Kings.  What I do know is a number of people from that area avoid the Flyers like the plague.  Maybe Kings coach is a lesser evil?  Also, dont underestimate the draw of playing for a big club in hopes of drawing attention of AAA coaches. 

No missed opportunities here.  AAA is a colossal waste of money at this age.  Once these kids start hitting each other, everything changes.  It is a completely different game.  A game, in fact, that requires hockey IQ, and experience.

I have watched the Kings a lot for various reasons.  The same two kids are on the ice for multiple minute shifts while other kids are called off after twenty seconds.  Those same two kids are then put back on the ice.  Look at their scoring if you want proof. Talk to some of their parents off the record and they will agree (cue angry mob of Kings' parents...2 Cups I'm looking at you).  The funny thing is, the Kings aren't known for developing good players.  They recruit them!  Let's use your AAA argument for the two AAA clubs.  Half of the Kings team is new this year or last year with a small amount of lids having co.e through the system.  The Ducks on the other hand have had the majority of lids the last four years or so.  I'll take development over Recruiting all day in youth sports.

Bears can and have played team hockey on a more consistent basis.  Watch the teams play, you'll see.  It's easy to have homer bias without actually watching the games. 

Say what you will but I'm not wrong.  Team stats will show a correlation between almost equal amounts of points spread o er the majority of players.  Check for yourself.

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2020, 02:29:18 PM »
Finally fun back on this board.  AAA is a waste at this age, but I can guarantee the AAA coaches aren't looking for a kid that quit his team at the end of the season.  Kings have been pulling from Canada, Alaska and Texas.  I don't see them looking at the AA roster much.

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #392 on: January 11, 2020, 03:21:30 PM »
  The funny thing is, the Kings aren't known for developing good players.  They recruit them!  Let's use your AAA argument for the two AAA clubs.  Half of the Kings team is new this year or last year with a small amount of lids having co.e through the system.  The Ducks on the other hand have had the majority of lids the last four years or so.  I'll take development over Recruiting all day in youth sports.

Every team recruits.  Not many clubs develop players, some coaches do but club wide not really.

Case in point, this years Jr Ducks 12 U AA has very few kids that played with the club and coach just 2 years ago in Squirt A.

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #393 on: January 11, 2020, 04:40:28 PM »
  The funny thing is, the Kings aren't known for developing good players.  They recruit them!  Let's use your AAA argument for the two AAA clubs.  Half of the Kings team is new this year or last year with a small amount of lids having co.e through the system.  The Ducks on the other hand have had the majority of lids the last four years or so.  I'll take development over Recruiting all day in youth sports.

Every team recruits.  Not many clubs develop players, some coaches do but club wide not really.

Case in point, this years Jr Ducks 12 U AA has very few kids that played with the club and coach just 2 years ago in Squirt A.

I would fully agree with that.  My point is that no kids will be moving on if they cant play team hockey.

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #394 on: January 11, 2020, 04:42:23 PM »

I would fully agree with that.  My point is that no kids will be moving on if they cant play team hockey.

Agree with that.

LADuck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2020, 10:09:34 AM »
After what I saw this past weekend, here are the top TEAMS:

Ducks
Ice Dogs 1
Eagles 1
Bears

Are there any surprises left for the last weekend?

Uh Bears lost to the 2009 GR team. That alone disqualifies them from top 4. No offense to GR but that should  be embarrassing for them.

NotmyKid

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2020, 02:23:30 PM »
I agree with Golden Night! Roast me if you want!

If you watch these game no - bias you will seem teams short shift, and leave their top players out starting in the second period. Not a good look for evaluating a team. Team play is depth 1 through the 3rd line. 

You can evaluate coaching with this philosophy. If a team has not developed the back end of his/her roster you can begin to question the coaching staff.

Leads me to my top Depth teams!

Ducks
ICD1
GSE1
Flyers
GR2- young team but you see no difference between the 1 line vs 3 rd line

I am not saying this is how the season will end, but how I see development unfolding.

Brewgooder

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2020, 04:57:59 PM »
All I will say is that 2 things seem pretty obvious to me.  Number 1, wether you realize it or not, we are all bias because the fact that we are writing on this platform is prove enough that we are emotionally attached to the team we know and belong to .. #2 I really really [size=78%]don’t think anyone is really watching these teams closely .........[/size]

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #398 on: January 12, 2020, 05:36:00 PM »
"Golden Knight"  WHY ARE YOU COMING AFTER ME?   I'm not crunching the cyber metrics!   I just love the jib jab posts and then throw in a quick response to fuel the fire.

Any upsets today? 

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #399 on: January 12, 2020, 06:13:00 PM »
OBTW, number crunchers & delusional parents.  "You know who you are"  I will let the CAHA standings speak for themselves!

JD1
Kings1
ID1
GSE1

NotmyKid

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #400 on: January 12, 2020, 06:26:58 PM »
Delusional Parents?

How about this! Stop getting your nails done any watch some Hockey! If your the same parents that cry when your kid falls then you should keep buying the juice at the Staples center!

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #401 on: January 12, 2020, 06:47:20 PM »
"Not my kid"  Your NOT making sense.    It sounds like your talking about an in house game?  Ha!

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #402 on: January 12, 2020, 09:50:47 PM »
Any upsets today?

I heard the Bears took pity on the Kings for taking a 4-0 lead, put in their back-up goalie, and promptly lost 6-4.  All of Kingsville gave a sigh of relief in unison.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #403 on: January 13, 2020, 07:59:40 AM »
This thread is hill-airy-us (Tracy Morgan voice).

Lord_of_the_Rink

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #404 on: January 13, 2020, 01:37:51 PM »

Let's cut to the chase.
The Jr. Ducks1 and, some Kings parents might argue, the Kings1 (the "talent" as multiple ducks parents have said), apparently, are the greatest teams to ever grace the ice with their munificence.  There is no way that any of the other "talentless" AA teams (multiple ducks parents words not mine)  should even share the ice with them, and, certainly, no way, that any of the other aforementioned talentless teams will ever beat the "talent" in the playoffs.

Forget USA Hockey.  Forget development.  Forget Ornskoldsvik Sweden.

Great players are born, not developed.

The season is over. 

Ducks1 win.  Kings1 came in 2nd.