This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 19-20  (Read 124480 times)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
Re: Pee Wee A 19-20
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2019, 08:34:28 AM »
Agree with BO, think there are no "hands down" favorite.  Think the  the JK is the dark horse.  Good, skilled team with exceptional goal keeping.  If they get a growth spurt, look out !.

But then again  if my uncle had tits, he'd be my aunt.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2019, 08:51:02 AM »
Agree with BO, think there are no "hands down" favorite.  Think the  the JK is the dark horse.  Good, skilled team with exceptional goal keeping.  If they get a growth spurt, look out !.

But then again  if my uncle had tits, he'd be my aunt.

I (we all, probably) look at scores every day.  There are so many questionable trends and performances.  Each has an explanation.  Basically, the biggest excuse is that they are only 12 year-olds and I agree. 

The only indication that I truly value as to a team's shot at a title is their tournament history throughout the season.  How many do they play, win, level played, etc.  Why?  Because that is the SCAHA and CAHA playoff format.  Single week game one-offs are in no way equal to the grind of 4-6 games in three days.  Knowing this design, there are a few teams that can handle that load and others that will fizzle out. 

So far, Wave, Empire, have had tourney championships, Condors played a CAHA weekend and played "up" kind-of in a turkey tourney at KHS (tinsel town), Goldrush played in a pretty easy Ana turkey tourney and won, that Kings2 team goes to all the tournaments-plays well-never wins it all, and so on and so forth... 

If you are asking now, the final four weekend in SCAHA will be Wave, Empire, Condors, Kings2/GR  ... So thats 5 teams, so what. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 10:24:24 AM by BladesofSteel66 »

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2019, 11:50:33 AM »
WEEK 10 POWER RANKINGS!!!

1. Wave
2. Condors
3. EHC
4. Kings2
5. Goldrush
6. JD4
7. SDIA
8. JD3
9. Gulls2
10. Bears

Gulls 2 stock CRASHING!!!  New #1, GR falls from grace, BEARS back... so youre sayin there a chance?!?!?(NO!)  and more!!!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 12:22:51 PM by BladesofSteel66 »

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2019, 12:04:41 PM »
Time to start lookin at schedules!!!

HUGE! Big games remaining!!!  The games that tell us who is for real!

Wave1:     vs JD4, Condors
Condors:   vs Kings2, Wave1, EHC
EHC:         vs Condors
Kings2:     vs GR, Condors
Goldrush:  vs Kings2, JD4, SDIA
JD4:         vs Wave1, GR, SDIA

Team with most games that could go either way (4):  SDIA:  vs JD2, JD4, GR, JD3
Team with a good schedule that could squeak them in a playoff spot:  JD3:  vs Flyers2, Wave2, Gulls2, JD1, Bears, SDIA
Teams that miss out of the playoffs, but think they still have a chance:
Bears:      vs GR, EHC, JD4, JD3
Gulls2:     vs EHC, JD3, GR

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 12:06:56 PM by BladesofSteel66 »

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2019, 12:05:49 PM »
After watching all three teams play empire, condors and the wave.
This is hands down the waves season to win everything they were by far the best team of the group.  I didnt really see any weakness in the game I watched. 

Similar to last years Wave team in Peewee A.
TONS of hockey still left to play. Handful of teams can win it IMO
very true they are 11 and 12 year olds and we all know how that can go. 

And to go even further with it I have seen all but 2 of the top 11 teams play.  And hands down the Wave 1 team is the best of them all. ( I am non- Wave affiliated ) so no bias here.

Let's pump the breaks on all the hyperbole.  "Hands down"?  The wave team that lost to Empire, tied SDIA, and had close calls against Gulls2 and Kings 2 recently is in no way a clear cut favorite.  To quote the great Taylor Swift, you need to calm down. 

Check back and enjoy this weeks POWER RANKINGS!!!

Empire beat Wave? I see they have 0 losses, has SCAHA not updated? Don't know about the Gulls but Kings are tiny and pull a ton of penalties from the opposing team, kind of like another little team that like to use the refs to try and get an edge. Just an observation.

Could you briefly explain this power ranking? Sorry to drum on about it.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2019, 12:10:21 PM »
Power Rankings are the eye-test, strength of schedule, tourney history, etc.  Fun commentary like they do on ESPN and other sites. 

MHR lists all games posted (tourney, preseason, season, etc.)  Wave1 is 18-3-1.  Losses to Kings2, EHC, DucksAAA08.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 12:13:38 PM by BladesofSteel66 »

Hockeydad30

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2019, 01:16:20 PM »
Power Rankings are the eye-test, strength of schedule, tourney history, etc.  Fun commentary like they do on ESPN and other sites. 

MHR lists all games posted (tourney, preseason, season, etc.)  Wave1 is 18-3-1.  Losses to Kings2, EHC, DucksAAA08.
Those 2 losses to kings 2 and ehc were in preseason and memorial day tournament before they added a few players to roster.  Given they did tie sdia and have a squeeker with Gulls 2 at home after the roster addition.  And last loss was to AAA minor team. 

The goldrush team which is ranked higher in MHR hasnt played anyone that is any good Ducks 2 and Ducks 3 are best two teams they have played and only played them once.  This is also proven by the smackdown that was laid on the Rush by the Condors last weekend. 

This is where MHR is completely Wrong having high goal differential against teams that just simply aren't as skilled or well coached is not better then winning close games against tough competition.
The wave have had to play empire twice kings 2 twice both of which are much tougher teams then ducks 2 and ducks 3.
This is IMHO where the eye test of seeing a majority of these teams play is better than any MHR ranking will be!  The only ones I haven't seen yet are SDIA and Gulls teams in the Entire Peewee A division. 

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2019, 01:31:11 PM »

Those 2 losses to kings 2 and ehc were in preseason and memorial day tournament before they added a few players to roster.  Given they did tie sdia and have a squeeker with Gulls 2 at home after the roster addition.  And last loss was to AAA minor team. 

The goldrush team which is ranked higher in MHR hasnt played anyone that is any good Ducks 2 and Ducks 3 are best two teams they have played and only played them once.  This is also proven by the smackdown that was laid on the Rush by the Condors last weekend. 

This is where MHR is completely Wrong having high goal differential against teams that just simply aren't as skilled or well coached is not better then winning close games against tough competition.
The wave have had to play empire twice kings 2 twice both of which are much tougher teams then ducks 2 and ducks 3.
This is IMHO where the eye test of seeing a majority of these teams play is better than any MHR ranking will be!  The only ones I haven't seen yet are SDIA and Gulls teams in the Entire Peewee A division.

Technically, GR has 2 losses now.  vs Paramount Quakes, Condors
Empire has 3 losses vs  OCHC AA, Wave1, and KingsAAA08 - very similar losses like the Wave. 
SDIA are pure over-achievers.  Eye-test tells me they are not the real deal. 

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »

I had no idea about the MHR, just the SCAHA site and I have to agree regarding the two pre season losses. I'm sure you all look at it differently but I just look at pre season as an extra month of hockey. Teams do some weird things at that time. Why did the wave  play a Ducks AAA team? wasn't it a given that would be a loss? a double A I think can go either way with most A teams depending on the roster, weekend, and coach.

I'd be happy with any of the top 4 teams minus one (I don't like one of the clubs ethics or coach). Although, I kind of think Gold Rush kind of gets by easy with their ranking and season. Who knows maybe they won't perform well this year because they are dumbing down their playing with weak teams. Semi finals will either be a rewarding "told ya" or a slap of reality.

and thanks for helping me put to sleep the whole power ranking questions...one day I'll even understand that LR thing under my name.

Socalhockey96

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-1
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2019, 01:44:38 PM »
Not sure how you can say a team is "dumbing down their play" by playing weak teams when no team has any control over their schedule. The top 8 teams at the end of this season will have gotten there by playing mostly weak teams.

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2019, 04:07:26 PM »
Not sure how you can say a team is "dumbing down their play" by playing weak teams when no team has any control over their schedule. The top 8 teams at the end of this season will have gotten there by playing mostly weak teams.

Simply meaning since who they are playing isn't that hard, they don't play at their best. No insult implied.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2020, 09:30:26 AM »
Hope everyone had good and safe holidays

This weeks picks

Grush.               Vs                 JK2.            JKsBY 2
CO-GAME OF THE WEEK

SDIA.                  VS.              JD2           SDIA BY 4

JGULLS2             VS.            EMPIRE       EMPIRE BY 2

BEARS                  VS.            GRUSH         RUSH  BY 5

OC2.                                      JREIGN       JR BY 2

JD3.                   VS               JFLYERS    JD BY 3

EPPERLY WAVE.                  JD4            EP WAVE BY 3

WAVE2                   VS           JGULLS1   WAVE BY 2

JCONDORS           VS           JK2.            UGLY BIRDS BY 2
CO-GAME OF THE WEEK

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2020, 01:40:39 PM »
Very interested in seeing who comes out rusty vs who played in holiday tourneys. 

Also, GR v JK2 is for sure a big one to tell us contenders v pretenders.  Same for Condors v JK2.

Looks like it's put up or shut up weekend for a few teams, especially the Kings2!!! 

FrozenMom18

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2020, 04:53:48 PM »
How'd the first games of 2020 go?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2020, 10:44:44 AM »
Since B.O.(S) is not chirping,  I would guess his horse didnt have a good weekend. ;)