This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 19-20  (Read 124478 times)

FrozenMom18

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
Re: Pee Wee A 19-20
« Reply #285 on: March 10, 2020, 01:34:57 PM »
The ban effects gatherings of 1,000 people or more at one time. I'm doubting youth hockey is bringing that many people together all at once. They could always change venues to Irvine if they are that worried 😁
I'd hate for them to cancel after all the hard work the kids put in to get to finals as some other states have seen happen.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2020, 01:50:10 PM »
The ban effects gatherings of 1,000 people or more at one time. I'm doubting youth hockey is bringing that many people together all at once. They could always change venues to Irvine if they are that worried 😁
I'd hate for them to cancel after all the hard work the kids put in to get to finals as some other states have seen happen.

The facility is 4 sheets of ice and games going on at all times.  There is more than 1,000 people in there guaranteed.  Been there, seen it.  And they have a restaurant.   :o [size=78%] [/size]

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #287 on: March 10, 2020, 02:13:32 PM »

The facility is 4 sheets of ice and games going on at all times.  There is more than 1,000 people in there guaranteed.  Been there, seen it.  And they have a restaurant.   :o

Yup, there will be way more than 1000 people. They are already canceling events at the venue, I think it's just a matter of time. Moving it to Irvine won't help because you have possible contamination from people up north coming down here. Would it suck? hell yes, but let's be real some kids grand parent could get it (or anyone "at risk") and pass away, is any youth sport worth that? And yes, I have heard the "It's just like the flu" argument many times already. It's going to be interesting to see how CAHA, the Clubs, the parents, all react.

Stark

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2020, 02:31:27 PM »
http://www.norcalyouthhockey.org/news-story.php?id=170
  NORCAL NEWS        NORCAL Playoffs & COVID-19 Update As you may have heard by now, the County of Santa Clara Public Health Dept issued an order this evening to cancel any mass gatherings of 1000 people of more. This will take effect on March 11th and last for three weeks. Please click HERE for full details.

This obviously has a major impact on the NORCAL 10A, 12A, 14A 14B Flight II and 16A division playoffs scheduled at Solar4America Ice this upcoming Friday, March 13th, through Sunday, March 15th. The Executive Board is working through and finalizing the details of a plan to reduce the number of spectators attending playoffs. We will also be reaching out to our governing bodies, CAHA and USA Hockey, for guidance on this situation. Lastly, we continue to work with rink management to make sure we can hold playoffs and still abide by the mandate from Santa Clara County.

The Executive Board will continue to update you as more specifics continue to unfold. We will have more information to the playoff-bound teams by Wednesday evening.

I do ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this unique time. With everyone’s cooperation, I strongly believe that we can still give our young players the playoff experience they have worked so hard for this season. Providing them with a fun, safe and healthy hockey experience is the primary goal of everything we do. I ask that we all keep that in the back of our minds this week.

More to come soon. Thank you.

Matt Adams
NORCAL President
   (posted 3/10/2020)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »
http://www.norcalyouthhockey.org/news-story.php?id=170
  NORCAL NEWS        NORCAL Playoffs & COVID-19 Update As you may have heard by now, the County of Santa Clara Public Health Dept issued an order this evening to cancel any mass gatherings of 1000 people of more. This will take effect on March 11th and last for three weeks. Please click HERE for full details.

This obviously has a major impact on the NORCAL 10A, 12A, 14A 14B Flight II and 16A division playoffs scheduled at Solar4America Ice this upcoming Friday, March 13th, through Sunday, March 15th. The Executive Board is working through and finalizing the details of a plan to reduce the number of spectators attending playoffs. We will also be reaching out to our governing bodies, CAHA and USA Hockey, for guidance on this situation. Lastly, we continue to work with rink management to make sure we can hold playoffs and still abide by the mandate from Santa Clara County.

The Executive Board will continue to update you as more specifics continue to unfold. We will have more information to the playoff-bound teams by Wednesday evening.

I do ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this unique time. With everyone’s cooperation, I strongly believe that we can still give our young players the playoff experience they have worked so hard for this season. Providing them with a fun, safe and healthy hockey experience is the primary goal of everything we do. I ask that we all keep that in the back of our minds this week.

More to come soon. Thank you.

Matt Adams
NORCAL President
   (posted 3/10/2020)
Can hear the Cons ( incorrect spelling?) solution.....Vacaville......"Its in a different county.  No problem."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 05:14:22 PM by trans4761 »

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #290 on: March 10, 2020, 08:31:36 PM »
We need to rattle some cages... we cant leave this decision up to NORCAL!!!!!

Goaliedad21

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2020, 12:27:10 PM »
Bring the state finals down here

HockeyDad73

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »
Bring the state finals down here

This is CAHA, I doubt they could handle the logistical changes that would be necessary.  I’m sure they’ll come up with a ticketed solution.  Like 3 tickets per player/coach or something along those lines.  They’ll probably charge the kids and their families triple the normal rate for hotel stays to cover their loses.

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2020, 01:28:13 PM »
Dr. Trump has COVID-19 under control.   NOCAL should let them play!

Stark

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2020, 12:38:34 AM »
 SCAHA CORONA VIRUS MESSAGE Corona virus and semi finals  and finals
Published On : Mar 12 2020 03:53 AM Hello Hockey Families[/size]As you may know, in late December the first case of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) was reported in Wuhan, China.  Since that time, many health organizations around the world have been following the virus closely, by January 21 the first case on US soil was confirmed. As with any newly emerging infectious disease, knowledge evolves with time and recommendations are changing rapidly. We are closely monitoring information from public health officials and will continue to follow their prevention guidelines to help keep everyone in our hockey community stay informed. This weekend is our final weekend for hockey in Scaha -  We are aware that in Northern California the area's are advising to keep and public gathering to under 1000 people.  From a semi final perspective, we have 20 games spread across  4 facilities  - so the gatherings at each facility on Saturday will certainly be reasonable  and will reflect a typical SCAHA weekend in general.For Sunday  (Championship Day), We will be hosting 10 games total - playing games on both sheets.  As long as families do not linger after their championship game, we will be good with that 1,000 person guideline. (20 team members x 8 teams in the building at any one time with approx 3-4 family members per player is approx 800 people).We ask our families to please me mindful of this guideline, and keep your attendance to your immediate family only.  Norcal, due to their county's requirements - are handing out wristbands and are limiting attendance to just two people per player.  We currently do not have such a requirement from the county.  The King's facility supports live barn on the internet - so the game is available to watch live remotely for extended family and friends. (great news).  We will also be changing our post game handshakes -  We will  limit them to a single line of fist bumps after the game with the gloves remaining on the hands.  We will forgo the extended handshakes when awarding the hardware after the game.While at the facility:    Please use the friendly elbow bump or fist bump to say hello.    Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.    Cough and sneeze etiquette is encouraged    Clean frequently touched surfaces.    Please do not linger.  After your game, please head on out and enjoy the rest of the afternoon.We will stay informed and will let everyone know if events change in this dynamic situation. If you would like more information on the Coronavirus, please refer to: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 Kind regards,SCAHA

[/size][/font][/color]

Beer Leaguer

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2020, 07:28:42 AM »
USA hockey canceled Nationals

Stark

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2020, 09:12:33 AM »
CURRENT STATUS: GAME ON
 Update as of March 11th, 2020 @ 6:30pm

Limit of 2 spectators per player for the Playoff games this weekend. There will be a registration table and wrist bands….
Dates: March 13-15th
 Location: Solar for America Ice, 500 S 10th St, San Jose, CA 95112
 If you won’t be at the games you can watch it via LiveBarn. Use the following promo code for a 10% discount: San Jose: solr-8a8c

HockeyDad73

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2020, 09:15:57 AM »

Limit of 2 spectators per player for the Playoff games this weekend. There will be a registration table and wrist bands….
 If you won’t be at the games you can watch it via LiveBarn. Use the following promo code for a 10% discount: San Jose: solr-8a8c

10%?  So generous. 

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2020, 09:38:13 AM »

10%?  So generous.

Seriously.

Funny thing is, SCAHA and CAHA will NOT have the backing of USA hockey if anything goes wrong. USA Hockey has washed its hands of anything "sanctioned". It is no longer their responsibility, you're on your own. I think it's funny the organizer thinks "if it's under 1000 people, everyone will be safe". Put me in a room with 10,000 healthy people vs. a room of 10 with 1 infected. That 1000 number is totally random.

Is it too late to get into professional video gaming?

Stark

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-1
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2020, 12:29:07 PM »
Thomas Hancock, President, California Amateur Hockey Association CAHA State Events Status – COVID-19March 12, 2020
To:    All CAHA Post Season ParticipantsRe:    CAHA State Events Dear CAHA Participant Members,

This communication is being sent to advise that at this time Tier 2 State Championships are proceeding as scheduled.

As everyone must be aware, yesterday Governor Newsom announced the updated recommendations by California Department of Public Health that large gatherings of 250 or more attendees be canceled or rescheduled, the precise language that would apply to our events is cited as follows (the actual document from CDPH can be found here); “Large gatherings that include 250 people or more should be postponed or canceled”“• A “gathering” is any event or convening that brings together people in a single room or single space at the same time, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, cafeteria, or any other indoor or outdoor space.”Although for our Tier 2 Event this coming weekend we do not expect to be near that 250 person limit at any given time, CAHA nonetheless recommends that all State Championship bound teams follow the following event protocols and CDPH/CDC recommendations;
1) Teams are not to arrive at the event earlier that 1 hour prior to their scheduled game time

2) Teams are to leave the event not later than 30 minutes at the conclusion of each game played
3) Spectators should not enter the event earlier than 30 minutes prior to their player’s scheduled game time

4) People that are considered to be in a CDC defined "higher risk" demographic should voluntarily stay home

5) Attendees should diligently follow CDC’s recommendations for "protecting themselves"

With respect to CAHA’s upcoming Select Camp and A/BB/B and High School Division 1B/2B State Championships, at this time CAHA is still planning on proceeding with these events as well, but as the COVID-19 situation is very fluid, that decision may change depending on any new updates or mandates by California Department of Public Health.

Sincerely,Thomas Hancock PresidentCc:D. Bigelow, SCAHAM. Adams, NORCALD. Bigelow, SCAHAM. Blanchart, ADHSHLM. Petrovich, LAKHSHLS. Galaviz, SHSHLG. Leibl, CAHAMember Participants
 [/font]