This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam A  (Read 73273 times)

WCHP

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +12/-91
Bantam A
« on: April 13, 2016, 01:15:41 PM »
so the 2015/16 season is over and now a new one is upon us, so any new rumors or stories to tell?

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
Re: Bantam A
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »
How did the Labor Day Tournaments go?  Who looked good?

At the Anaheim Ice tournament Wave Artesia 1 beat OC Newton in the final.  I saw OC play and they looked real tough.. Wave I heard had a couple of AA players for the tournament.. any truth to that?

Jr Ducks 2 was a scrappy team with a good goalie, looked good.

Jr Ducks 1 underachieved

The other OC team was smaller than Newton but looked good.

Mariners and Wave Ontario struggled.

Any other thoughts???

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 07:47:47 AM »
Wave added one player to replace one of their top D that was going to miss the tourney.  Otherwise they are primarily the same 03 team that they have been for the last few years.

Zam Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-7
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 09:21:26 AM »
So we have 3 weeks in the books.  Any news on teams dropping?  I heard a rumor that Heat 2 is going to drop.

Early thoughts..
Obviously Wave Art3 is the top dog of the division so far. (and will more than likely go wire to wire in the top spot)
Bears had a pretty impressive win over OCHC1 (Newton??) 6-2.  Anyone see this game and have any thoughts?

Based on some limited viewing and scores from SCAHA I'd say the next tier of teams are:
Bears, OCHC1, Wave Art1, Blaze  and Maple Leafs. (in no particular order)
It's early, but I would say there is a strong chance those 5 teams will be in the playoffs along with Wave Art3.

that leaves 2 spots for the rest of the division...
Will be fun to see how it all shakes out.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
Re: Bantam A weekend update Oct 2
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 08:53:05 AM »
Wave 3 just beat Mariners 15-0 this morning taking their pre-season goal scoring to GF 58 GA 1 over 4 games.

Will SCAHA do anything? Nothing like putting politics ahead of the kids.

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 02:16:34 PM »
Wave 3 just beat Mariners 15-0 this morning taking their pre-season goal scoring to GF 58 GA 1 over 4 games.

This isn't a SCAHA issue, it's a CAHA issue. The Ducks are not gonna budge on this. They are gonna protect their monopolization of So Cal youth hockey.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »

So let me get this straight... the rules are in place and the Club/team decides not to follow and it's SCAHA's fault?? They could have picked up a few home grown kids to qualify right? What am I missing??

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »

So let me get this straight... the rules are in place and the Club/team decides not to follow and it's SCAHA's fault?? They could have picked up a few home grown kids to qualify right? What am I missing??
From what I have gathered, they were all willing to be playoff ineligible at the AA level, but after they signed, the rules were changed to not allow them to be in AA. CAHA forced them to A and the parents and kids are willing to ride out this season so they can be a top AA team next year. CAHA has recently offered an option for them to move back to AA...that nobody I know would ever agree to. So it seems to be Bantam A this season. I could be wrong about some of this, and would love to hear if anyone has any additional info.
Hopefully I can catch a game when they play one of the Ducks teams...lol

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 04:04:01 PM »

From what I have gathered, they were all willing to be playoff ineligible at the AA level, but after they signed, the rules were changed to not allow them to be in AA. CAHA forced them to A and the parents and kids are willing to ride out this season so they can be a top AA team next year. CAHA has recently offered an option for them to move back to AA...that nobody I know would ever agree to. So it seems to be Bantam A this season. I could be wrong about some of this, and would love to hear if anyone has any additional info.
Hopefully I can catch a game when they play one of the Ducks teams...lol

Hopefully they can scrimmage the AAA and see how they do... Maybe able to make a case for AAA next year?

Handboni

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +9/-15
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 05:54:34 PM »
Are they 03's or 02's?  The would be on the receiving end of their blowouts if they played an 02 AAA team.

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 05:59:30 PM »
Are they 03's or 02's?  The would be on the receiving end of their blowouts if they played an 02 AAA team.

That team won 1 game Labor Day playing Bantam AA. Let's not get ahead of ourselves playing Bantam A
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:00:02 PM by Panther Coach »

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 06:09:23 PM »

That team won 1 game Labor Day playing Bantam AA. Let's not get ahead of ourselves playing Bantam A

But they already crowned them state champs and are moving to AAA.  :o

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 08:53:51 PM »
My kids Sq BB is in need of a fundraiser.

We will be taking bets on the over/under vs the jds in CAHA.......OOPS, SORRY .........SCAHA games.

Line forthcoming.  ;)

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
I believe Wave 3 is an all 03 team. 

Labor Day they went 1/1/1. All the games were close and it was the first time they had played together with live ammo.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 09:10:20 PM »
Forgot to mention that Ducks declined various invitations to scrimmage WAVE 3, so there is bad blood somewhere. Inevitably they will meet in a tournament and we shall see. Early days yet.