This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam A / AA All Wave3 All The Time  (Read 29338 times)

Goaliedad32

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-10
Re: Bantam A / AA All Wave3 All The Time
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 03:09:32 PM »
Crash.  You got nads to start a Wave 3 only thread, but then again its the first thread I go to for must read-calhockey info.

I haven't seen any Bantam A games, but I would assume you guys are at the very top.  Also, a legit and solid Bantam AA.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 04:11:09 PM »
wow. a friendly post. Thanks!

I only started doing this because a lot of mis-information was floating around about WAVE3, and like with anything, if it is not challenged then it becomes dogma. That's all.

Just got our Vegas schedule. We're playing LA KINGS AA, whose rink is 20 min from my house - in Vegas. SoCal hockey. Gotta love it.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 04:17:05 PM »
wow. a friendly post. Thanks!

I only started doing this because a lot of mis-information was floating around about WAVE3, and like with anything, if it is not challenged then it becomes dogma. That's all.

Just got our Vegas schedule. We're playing LA KINGS AA, whose rink is 20 min from my house - in Vegas. SoCal hockey. Gotta love it.

Who else did you draw?

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 05:05:13 PM »
We drew as follows (and if we'd drawn King AND Ducks for Vegas... well.. you might have seen some new words on here). Maybe we'll get lucky and meet Duckies in playoffs. :-)
Coyotes:  Friday 12:00pm
Jr. Kings:  Friday 7:45pm
Idaho Jr Steelheads:  Saturday 10:15am
Semi - Finals:  Saturday Night
Consolations:  Sunday Morning
Finals:  Sunday 1:30pm

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 06:24:17 PM »
We drew as follows (and if we'd drawn King AND Ducks for Vegas... well.. you might have seen some new words on here). Maybe we'll get lucky and meet Duckies in playoffs. :-)
Coyotes:  Friday 12:00pm
Jr. Kings:  Friday 7:45pm
Idaho Jr Steelheads:  Saturday 10:15am
Semi - Finals:  Saturday Night
Consolations:  Sunday Morning
Finals:  Sunday 1:30pm

Not too bad is the AZ team the 03 team or 02. Steal heads are really strong.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 06:51:24 PM »
I don't know if AZ is 02 or 03. I'll ask coach on the weekend and post.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 04:31:51 PM »
The game vs Ducks 1 was very onesided... not only on the scoresheet...  not 1 penalty called on Wave... several extra hits and punches behind the play, on both sides.  The hit in question was not late or anything but it was high under the chin... and the bow went a bit far... but again,  not 1 penalty called on wave,  but a couple of slashes and trips called on Ducks.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 08:18:43 AM »
Thanksgiving so far. Pretty clean not much controversy so far :-(

Game 1: Wave 3 4 OCHC 2 2

Game 2: Wave 3 4 Jr. Kings AA 0 (shots 32 - 18) standout performance by Kings' Goalie.

Game 3: Wave 3 __ OCHC 1__  10:30 AM obviously this will tell the tale. Tune in later!

1hockeydad

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-3
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 04:47:08 PM »
Thanksgiving so far. Pretty clean not much controversy so far :-(

Game 1: Wave 3 4 OCHC 2 2

Game 2: Wave 3 4 Jr. Kings AA 0 (shots 32 - 18) standout performance by Kings' Goalie.

Game 3: Wave 3 __ OCHC 1__  10:30 AM obviously this will tell the tale. Tune in later!

JK was depleted squad, and played one of the worst games of the season.  OC1 beats Wave pretty easily

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2016, 07:17:18 AM »
Obviously you missed the night OC > WAVE 3 game.

OC was lucky to win last night.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 09:44:04 AM »
Okay, after much distraction on the Thanksgiving debacle, I'm back on our main thread.

Back to actual hockey.

Sat. Wave 3 v AA Kings scrimmage. Maybe they won't start their goalie.

Sun. Wave 3 v Oilers A.

Keep everybody loose and warm up for Vegas.

The larger issue is apparently we are having a parent / team scrimmage at year end. I hung em up two years ago due to, finally, too many nagging injuries which take too long to heal. Hitting my head a couple of times on the ice probably helped the decision.

You want to know how to tell a 'ringer' in mens' league? Really old faded beat up hockey pants. Watch out. Now the way to tell a real ass who THINKS he's a ringer? A weird visor. Preferably with a silver tint. Put that f*cker into the boards right away and discourage him.

My biggest problem playing mens' league, aside from the usual, is that I would have some huge grudge against a guy on the 'red' team, and be excited to play them the next time, but when I'd get in the dressing room I couldn't remember which guy it actually was. Maybe it was the head shots.

But then, out on the ice, the guy would do the same dirty trick again and I would remember.

Miss it badly.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2016, 05:31:38 PM »
Okay. Weekend results.

Played horribly against Kings AA - won 6-1. I think the boys are sick of playing them.

Played well against SDIA Oilers A @ Paramount. 8-0 clean game. Oilers battled but Wave wore them down. Shots 44-11.

No drama, only what everyone knows. Paramount is an extraordinarily dangerous rink with its squared corners and places where the puck and sticks get stuck under the boards. The south west corner sometimes bounces the puck out in front of the net, reminiscent of the late Culver City rink minus the terrifying stairs up to the dressing rooms. Plus they don't turn all the lights on, to save money, I guess. It's a strange rink.

It's like playing in the back yard and your mom is yelling that it's getting dark and you can barely see the puck. Good times!

Next up Vegas baby. Load the tunes. :-)

dionnefan

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +18/-9
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 12:22:21 PM »
I love reading the Crash posts!!

Crash, was curious, how do you think the mighty Wave3 would fare against Bantam AAA teams (Major or Minor)?

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 12:48:05 PM »
They played the Gulls 03 AAA a couple times back in the Labor Day tourney.  I think they won a close game and tied.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »
I love reading the Crash posts!!

Crash, was curious, how do you think the mighty Wave3 would fare against Bantam AAA teams (Major or Minor)?

The mighty Wave 03 team that barley beat the Bears A team 2-1 yesterday? Seems like the A teams are closing the gap.