This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Cheating the p.d.r to make playdowns  (Read 35500 times)

hockeyrules

Cheating the p.d.r to make playdowns
« on: February 14, 2017, 04:49:27 AM »
Anyone here think its a big deal for coaches and team  managers to cheat to make the p.d.r requirements so their team can go into playdowns?
 WELL I think its bullshit , but  its a fact and CAHA knows about it and has done nothing to stop it. A Ghost player thats being double rostering, Game sheets falsified to show players played in games that they did not even attend.
ALL these  accusations are true and backed up with factual evidence !

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
Re: Cheating the p.d.r to make playdowns
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
Would love to hear more about this... Been hearing rumors about this for months.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:06:32 AM »
What are the details?  Double rostering is easily proven, and wouldn't that result in a forfeit of the game(s) where that player was either on the roster or game sheet?  Don't the rules require PDR to be met as of 10/31 and any deficiency cured by 12/31?

Reality check

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-25
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »
What someone might cheat.

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:33:48 AM »
Man and I thought we had assholes on our team!!!
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 10:13:55 AM »
If what I've been hearing is true, its hard to believe a club would take such a risk, but looks like they're about to get away with it... Guess I shouldn't be surprised that CAHA ain't doing jack to hold the club responsible, but it is BS that people get away with shady crap like this.

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 10:23:42 AM »
If what I've been hearing is true, its hard to believe a club would take such a risk, but looks like they're about to get away with it... Guess I shouldn't be surprised that CAHA ain't doing jack to hold the club responsible, but it is BS that people get away with shady crap like this.

name names...

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »
name names...

I can't name any names and accuse others while I don't have definitive proof. Like I said, I've heard rumors and may have an idea which club it is, but no way for me to know if rumors are real. Only that mystery club, and CAHA, know what's really going down.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:33:20 AM by justanotherhockeydad »

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »
sounds like someone is upset they didn't make Playdowns. might want to start looking at your own club...but please don't start blaming the kids!

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 10:38:30 AM »
sounds like someone is upset they didn't make Playdowns. might want to start looking at your own club...but please don't start blaming the kids!

Certainly possible, but playoffs or not, I did hear these rumors months ago so if someone like me, who's hardly in the know, have heard about it, other parents must have heard something...

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 10:53:42 AM »
Awesome darkness as crept back to the calhockey boards. Rumors have grown in the shadows. Is this the time for the uprising?  Can the clubs from the north finally crush the clubs from the south?
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 11:05:33 AM »
Awesome darkness as crept back to the calhockey boards. Rumors have grown in the shadows. Is this the time for the uprising?  Can the clubs from the north finally crush the clubs from the south?

True that, the PWAA board has been boring as sh*t and I'm both surprised and glad someone brought up this PDR rumor as I have wondered many times if it was true or not... But anyhow, since my kid's PWAA career officially came to a close, I'm looking forward to bantam and getting ready for 'real' hockey.

I don't know about the North 'crushing' the South, but GSE2 certainly looks like the best team out there. I was surprised my kid's team actually gave them a little run for their money, but in the end, they were too big, too balanced and skilled.

Regarding an uprising, I say Make CAHA Great Again! Oh wait... has CAHA ever actually been great?

ABCDE

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +25/-8
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 02:04:28 PM »
I've got to think hockeyrules had a rough night for both those angry blasts in the early morning hours, but he has a valid point about skirting the PDR.  The rumors have been so widespread for months, I'm shocked it hasn't made it to the boards until now.  God knows these boards have needed something to fire them up!  I can't see any way it would be allowed per the guidelines, but the outright flagrancy has me thinking the coach has found a loophole acceptable to the club and CAHA.  If not, someone should file complaint and the coach and club should face the consequences.  But that's bullsh*t for the kids that have earned a right to playdowns with their level of play.  So who loses in the end?

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »
Can someone at least mention the area this team is from? Just throw it out there! LOL! Inquiring minds want to know!

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 07:37:41 PM »
Can someone at least mention the area this team is from? Just throw it out there! LOL! Inquiring minds want to know!
So Cal  ::)