This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Tier Tryouts  (Read 47071 times)

rosetta

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-5
Re: Tier Tryouts
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 08:32:36 AM »
Will they play in the major bantam division?

Gulls Bantam AAA minor lost 2 players to Kings AAA, 3 to Ducks AAA and 2 to other AA teams.  They also lost 2 players that were only 05s from last years team.

I heard they will merge the 2004s and 2003s into one AAA team

Bones

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 08:36:17 AM »
They would have to.  2003s could not play down. 

Tie My Skates

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-12
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 11:10:13 PM »
Good turn out at OC tonight.  About a week and 1/2 left how's everyone else looking? About that time of the year for the list of teams to start up? ;)

Bears
Ducks 1
Ducks 2
Empire Hockey Club
Flyers
Kings 1
Kings 2
OC 1
OC 2
Reign
Saints
Wave

I'm sure ther are more.....

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 06:58:35 AM »
Good turn out at OC tonight.  About a week and 1/2 left how's everyone else looking? About that time of the year for the list of teams to start up? ;)

Bears
Ducks 1
Ducks 2
Empire Hockey Club
Flyers
Kings 1
Kings 2
OC 1
OC 2
Reign
Saints
Wave

Gulls should have a team. They had an all 03 team last year.
Mariners
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:01:01 AM by Pistonkev »

Maverick

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +27/-11
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 09:45:26 AM »

Bears
Ducks 1
Ducks 2
Empire Hockey Club
Flyers
Kings 1
Kings 2
OC 1
OC 2
Reign
Saints
Wave

Mariners

Gulls did not have a all 03 team last year, The Bantam AA was 02/03 mix, and there was no A team last year.  To be determined if they have enough kids to form a AA team, and if they do it will be a 03/04 team.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 11:42:36 AM »

Bears
Ducks 1
Ducks 2
Empire Hockey Club
Flyers
Kings 1
Kings 2
OC 1
OC 2
Reign
Saints
Wave

Mariners

Gulls did not have a all 03 team last year, The Bantam AA was 02/03 mix, and there was no A team last year.  To be determined if they have enough kids to form a AA team, and if they do it will be a 03/04 team.

I assumed that was an all 03 team last year. My bad

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
Hockey Pops -- the "A" WAVE 3 player who signed with AAA Kings is not an A player, and WAVE 3 was not an A team, though we ended up playing the A schedule.

WAVE 3 got pushed down for political crap, which I won't go into, but the players should not be tainted with "A" status going forward.

They were unbeaten in A and went 36-11*-3 in combined A, AA, and AAA competition, notwithstanding some serious injuries, which is a 75% winning rate.

*one loss was a B.S. forfeit we were not allowed to make-up.

I think we will be able to keep about 10 of the boys together. 2 aged out and 1 moved up to SJ.

Sorry to bring all this up to those of you who know the story. Yes we're sick of it too.

coachbombay

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 11:52:11 AM »
i agree, the kid is pretty solid.

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 12:17:58 PM »

Looks like Bears will probably have one of the best Bantam AA team in SoCal. They have ben able to recruit/raid/entice three good players from Empire Hockey Club formerly Wave Ontario and Jr. Kings AAA goalie is also rumored to be moving back to Bears. The way it is shaping up Jr. Ducks, courtesy Wave 3 kids moving to Ducks, Bears, as explained above, and Jr. Gulls AAA, if they are smart enough to realize and drop to AA, after losing all four games at Carmen Starr might be the contenders for top flight division in Bantam AA. I am sure there will be 2 or more (Blackhawks, GSE, and may be Sharks) from Bay Area joining top flight division. Does anyone know other teams that are initial favorites to make the top flight division cut for Bantam AA.

WIPIH

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-6
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 12:22:11 PM »

Hockey Pops -- the "A" WAVE 3 player who signed with AAA Kings is not an A player, and WAVE 3 was not an A team, though we ended up playing the A schedule.

WAVE 3 got pushed down for political crap, which I won't go into, but the players should not be tainted with "A" status going forward.

They were unbeaten in A and went 36-11*-3 in combined A, AA, and AAA competition, notwithstanding some serious injuries, which is a 75% winning rate.

I think we will be able to keep about 10 of the boys together. 2 aged out and 1 moved up to SJ.

Sorry to bring all this up to those of you who know the story. Yes we're sick of it too.

Since when did playing A become a taint "should not be tainted with "A" status going forward". I am pretty sure Crush does not speak for any Wave 3 parent and should not try to speak for the team or players that played there. We know families that played on that team and many of them are some the best people you will meet and some others, like any other team, you want to run away from.

BigDuke6

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +21/-14
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2017, 02:03:49 PM »

Follow the rules and your team could have been AAAA for all anyone cared.

And - as youth hockey is winding down for our family I will add that Crash you are a douche.  You are what is wrong with youth hockey, and youth sports.  Look at you, trashing one of the kids on a team you defended so much last season.  Get a grip man. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:43:21 PM by BigDuke6 »

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2017, 07:52:13 PM »
I was referring to all the snotty comments on HERE that were made about Wave 3 last year. Perhaps over subtle for this bunch.

Wave 3 kids are great and the parents are great, and if you actually read my post I said how hard we are working to keep as many of the kids together as possible.

In fact they are playing the Vancouver team for Carmen Starr Bantam AAA Championship tomorrow at Toyota.

And for the record I am really sick of internet heroes who twist other peoples words.

Landshark

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +77/-47
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2017, 09:35:17 PM »
I wouldn't ever describe you as "over subtle." 

Crash for president.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »
Post of the day :-)  We who are about to get slaughtered by the Canadians salut you.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »
Isn't there a rule against mass recruitment?  A team can not sign too many kuds coming from the same club/team?