This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Peewee A 2017-2018  (Read 122355 times)

skates

Re: Peewee A 2017-2018
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2017, 07:00:23 AM »
My picks for this week:

OC vs Jr Reign - close game
 Wave 1 vs Maple Leaves- Wave 1 by 1
Lady Ducks vs Mariners - Mariners by forfeit
Jr Kings 1 vs Saints - Close game kings 1 by 1
Ducks 1 vs heat - close game - Heat by 2
Gulls Vs Gold Rush - Gold Rush by 4
Condors vs Ducks 3 - Close game - Ducks 3 by 1
Hawks Vs Ducks 2 - Close game - Ducks 2 by 1
Kings 2 vs - Wave 2- wave 2 by 2
Empire vs Ice Dogs 2 - close game Empire by 1
Ice dogs 1 vs Bears - Bears by 2

A lot of good match ups this weekend. Close games

Good luck everyone!

Carl Henry

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-5
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2017, 04:09:32 PM »
Ducks 2 5-2 against the Ice Hawks, the games was a lot closer than the score indicates. Any other scores?

overHEATed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-1
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2017, 05:02:54 PM »
Ice Hawks are a decent team. One problem, they play breakaway hockey because they have tons of speed. PP is non-existent.
Bears over Ice Dog 5-3
Ducks 1 over Heat 6-3
Kings 1 over Saints 5-1

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2017, 08:03:42 AM »
Probably the Lady Ducks because I heard they are traveling out of state this weekend. Another reason why SCAHA didn't want to make their games count because they will miss a lot to travel to girl tournaments and that is not fair to the kids that now have no game.  Lady Duck games should be Exhibition only.

Even if the LD were exhibition only the kids would STILL not have a game.  So from a playing standpoint it makes no difference.
[/q

Not true... they would of been scheduled to play someone else or would have a bye week so the family could plan for that weekend in advance or knowing it is a bye week some teams schedule extra practices or scrimmages.  And it messes up the standings because now the mariners get the 2 points and not all teams get that extra free 2 points. Please don't let them compete unless they cancel their travel weekends.

Give me a break.  SCAHA board decided to also not let anyone reschedule.  Don't you think the girls want to play all of these games?  They're already at a disadvantage in having to travel to get recognized.  Its the board that is limiting the options for girls.  Yes the schedulers could have recognized that the girls NEED to play in these tournaments and set up their bye weeks.  Its different for the girls to get ahead and by limiting them to exhibition games they're still a wasted game for everyone.  Don't blame it on the girls blame it on the board.  They deserve every right to play and compete for the SCAHA finals. 

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »
They aren't treating them any different than they have treated other teams that wanted to do tournament travel.  They simply want to do it more than other teams, and thus face more forfeits and fines.

I'm sure from SCAHA's point of view it is a slippery slope that they don't want to deal with.

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2017, 07:29:35 AM »
Its pretty easy and not a slippery slope.  The boys teams can get ranked and invited to national tournaments and USA nationals simply by playing boys and some normal holiday tourneys.  Girls must play against other girls teams to get the ranking.  At the 12U and lower they're at the same non-checking level so its more than fair all around (14U should be exhibition since the rules change) and the SCAHA and CAHA boards should recognize that there requirements on the girls that simply can be handled via a scheduling.  These tournaments are known prior to the season starting and advised to the board for relief.  But none is given and many of you blame the wrong people.  If you want to continue to grow hockey in CA then you need to include everyone.  How many of the Lady Ducks players are now on the USA Women's National Team playing in this year's Olympics?  Given we only have at best 3 organizations with a girls program at all, I'd say the girls have done a lot better than the boys.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2017, 02:15:29 PM »
Respectfully, there are a number of holes in your argument.  First off, this is Peewee A.  National championships and rankings don't fit into this in any way at least on the Boys teams.   Peewee A can win SCAHA and/or go to states and that is it.  With 22 teams in Peewee A, scheduling is a logistical issue, and with that many teams there are already significant issues with strength of schedule that can effect whether or not a team makes the playoffs.  If it's anything like last year the last few spots will come down to a game or 2.

It seems you want the girls to have their cake and eat it too, being able to contend in SCAHA and play in the girls division in tournaments and nationally.  That is great for them, and I wish them all the luck in the world, but it doesn't mean that the rest of SCAHA should be re-arranged to cater to them, and it IS a slippery slope, because other teams, particularly at the top of the division, may find it desirable to push their limits by seeking out tournament opportunities during the standard SCAHA schedule as well.  It certainly was that way in Squirt A a few years ago.  Girls have plenty of options at 12u.  They can play on regular boys teams, they can play for a girls team, or in some cases they can play for both. 

I don't see how this is important to the state of Socal hockey at this age.  This is a development age group, and nobody is recruiting or taking anything too seriously for 12 year olds that are playing no-check.  The entire issue is sorted at 14u when things begin to get serious, and you don't see too many girls choosing to play full check travel hockey at 14u.

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2017, 09:02:06 PM »
Ehh.  Hockey is mostly a boy's sport.  Any help to promote girls teams and advancement should be considered.  Even if that means scheduling around their mandated tournaments and national playing requirements and giving them games in SCAHA.  Its only a slippery slope if people get hung up on this approach.

5lap5hot

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2017, 08:31:04 AM »
The point I'm really trying to make is that if you let team (boys and girls) try and reschedule if possible it does give everyone the chance to play.  The board decided that they can't reschedule and that limits everyone.  There are A level teams that have forfeited games to go play in tournaments.  I think you'll see it in the next couple weeks for some really fun tournaments out of town.  It is an opportunity for these teams.  If the team the ends up with a conflict can work out a rescheduling with the other team that is the best outcome, but not being allowed to even have that opportunity is wrong.  The more kids we get playing this sport the better it gets.

fistocuffs

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-61
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2017, 08:29:38 PM »
I would say I agree.  As long as SCAHA knows about tournaments in advance, and you limit this to one request per season per team.  Knowing these facts before the schedule is set in motion should not be an issue and the games will fall into place.  Then no one has to reschedule.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
I would say I agree.  As long as SCAHA knows about tournaments in advance, and you limit this to one request per season per team.  Knowing these facts before the schedule is set in motion should not be an issue and the games will fall into place.  Then no one has to reschedule.

That would be a reasonable compromise. 

Carl Henry

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +2/-5
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »
Ducks 2 5-1 Heat
Any other updates

icedevil

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2017, 06:44:01 PM »
Score from Saturday...
LD - 4
Maple Leafs - 0

Xocdad53

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »
Goldrush over Duck(1)  5-2

Wags_Sr

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2017, 10:13:31 AM »
      Since this site has gone radio silent, I thought I’d have a crack at it this week.

Maple Leads vs  Jr Kings 1 – Kings by 3
OCHC vs Ice Dogs 1 – Dogs by 2
Jr Condors vs Heat – Heat by 1
Saints vs Ice Dogs 2 – Saints by 4
Empire vs Jr Ducks 2 – Game of the week Ducks by 3 (reeling from their loss last week)
Mariners vs Jr Kings 2 – Mariners by 1
Wave 1 vs Ice Hawks – Wave by 3
Wave 2 vs Jr Gulls (1) – Wave by 5
Jr Ducks 1 vs Golden Bears – Bears by 2
Lady Ducks vs Jr Reign – Lady Ducks by 4
Jr Ducks 3 vs Goldrush – GR by 3