This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Predictions for Bantam A?  (Read 6101 times)

goumass

• Midget
  • LR Justice +27/-369
Predictions for Bantam A?
« on: August 10, 2017, 05:49:53 AM »
Anyone with knowledge of the teams in the division care to make some predictions for the coming season?
"Statism needs war; a free country does not.  Statism survives by looting; a free country by producing."  Ayn Rand

PenaltyBoxDad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
Re: Predictions for Bantam A?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:08:52 AM »
Without seeing rosters, its way too early to predict, even harder for me, from Arizona.  Ca Wave 2, has mostly moved on to AA, where they should have been.  I'm intrigued by Ca Wave Beutner, possibly OCHC and Jr Ducks Lozeau.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:45:33 AM »
The AA teams that get dropped to A should be pretty okay. 

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
I know the Kings and Wave are largely 03's. I am not sure about the rest but, the teams that are predominantly 03 will be at the top of the standings.

If they continue with the two tier AA approach I doubt if there will many teams that drop. 

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »
I can't for the life of me understand why that would be? 

Why would people want to sign up to pay Tier2 money to play a small subset of teams in their division, including Tier2 CAHA weekend travel and tournaments, which will be for the vast majority of teams, essentially meaningless scrimmages leading up to a berth for a single team to have a single game elimination vs the Tier1 8th seed.   :o   

I can only guess that this system was devised after a weekend long marathon of the hunger games movies.

Perhaps the Tier 2 teams, will be receiving a complementary CAHA placard they can affix to the back of their jerseys, with the words "Kick Me" in a large san serif font!

I believe there is an addendum in committee which will formalize a "Tier 2 - Flight 2 Player of the month award" which comes along with a  patch that declares with pride:

"I'm the Flight 2 player of the month!  CAHA doesn't think I deserve to be on the same ice as the really good kids,  but I tried hard, we still have that 2nd 'A', amirite?."

OR you could drop down to Bantam A, save a not inconsequential amount of money, play a full season of meaningful game, perhaps improve and challenge up in some tournaments, and perhaps put together a playoff run?   

Maybe people just don't understand yet how ridiculous this Flight system is going to be if you are in the lower flight?

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 08:39:47 AM »
I can't for the life of me understand why that would be? 

Why would people want to sign up to pay Tier2 money to play a small subset of teams in their division, including Tier2 CAHA weekend travel and tournaments, which will be for the vast majority of teams, essentially meaningless scrimmages leading up to a berth for a single team to have a single game elimination vs the Tier1 8th seed.   :o   

I can only guess that this system was devised after a weekend long marathon of the hunger games movies.

Perhaps the Tier 2 teams, will be receiving a complementary CAHA placard they can affix to the back of their jerseys, with the words "Kick Me" in a large san serif font!

I believe there is an addendum in committee which will formalize a "Tier 2 - Flight 2 Player of the month award" which comes along with a  patch that declares with pride:

"I'm the Flight 2 player of the month!  CAHA doesn't think I deserve to be on the same ice as the really good kids,  but I tried hard, we still have that 2nd 'A', amirite?."

OR you could drop down to Bantam A, save a not inconsequential amount of money, play a full season of meaningful game, perhaps improve and challenge up in some tournaments, and perhaps put together a playoff run?   

Maybe people just don't understand yet how ridiculous this Flight system is going to be if you are in the lower flight?

They will do it for the extra A