This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 286707 times)

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #585 on: September 30, 2018, 11:04:56 AM »
So the rest of the SCAHA season schedule is out and I guess they have flighted SCAHA games too. So why do these associations change their rules without first disclosing this before tryouts to the consumers?

Because they're CAHA and they know what you want and what you need.
I'm your Huckleberry

Defensive Zone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-18
« Reply #586 on: September 30, 2018, 11:46:32 AM »
They flighted scaha games to protect the weak “Flight One” teams from having to play and lose to the “Flight Two” teams. This way CAHA doesn’t have to face the backlash of watching “Flight One” teams lose to “Flight Two” teams. Just when you thought California hockey couldn’t get any dumber. Tahoe Hockey Academy and East Coast teams should be sending flowers and candy to the geniuses that run California hockey. Let the flood gates of kids fleeing the system begin.

TopCornzzz

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-9
« Reply #587 on: September 30, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »
So SCAHA is NOT having Flight 1 teams play Flight 2 teams?  Bad enough that CAHA intervenes but SCAHA is now following suit?   Its ludicrous. I feel really bad for the top Flight 2 teams....this season is going be torture.  There are many teams in flight 2 that can beat many teams in flight 1 on any given day SO if CAHA was doing their job they would send weak teams to Bantam A and let the rest play.   I have not talked to a single person outside of CA that has ever even heard of having two levels of AA.

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
« Reply #588 on: September 30, 2018, 03:49:29 PM »
So we’ve gone from AAA minor teams being invited to be a part of tier II scaha, to not having scaha at all, to returning to it last year, to this year flighting it out and reducing the games. 
Now every team plays the same 8 teams 3 times.

There is no rational argument for any of this BS. 

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #589 on: September 30, 2018, 04:30:26 PM »
There are many teams in flight 2 that can beat many teams in flight 1 on any given day SO if CAHA was doing their job they would send weak teams to Bantam A and let the rest play.
They flighted scaha games to protect the weak “Flight One” teams from having to play and lose to the “Flight Two” teams. This way CAHA doesn’t have to face the backlash of watching “Flight One” teams lose to “Flight Two” teams. Just when you thought California hockey couldn’t get any dumber.
I have to disagree with Def Zone re the 'weak' Flight One teams needing to be protected vs Flight Two teams... I don't have an answer as to why SCAHA chose to flight their games, but definitely not because Flight One teams may lose to Flight Two teams 'on any given day'... Let's be real here. Out of the 7 Flight One SoCal teams, 4 of them are legit and without a doubt belong in the higher flight. The other 3 may be debatable.

Since Jamboree, those Flight One SoCal teams have a combined record of 15-0 vs Flight Two teams and have outscored Flight Two teams 102-9... And these are only the games I know of, there may be other scrimmages not reported... Not one single team from Flight Two has defeated any teams from Flight One, yet... All I'm saying is that numbers so far do not suggest Flight Two teams can beat upper flight teams on any given day. Not saying it won't happen, but flighted games are now going to be actually competitive, and teams in both flights are now in a dogfight to challenge for supremacy.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:30:51 PM by justanotherhockeydad »

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #590 on: September 30, 2018, 09:40:33 PM »
I think it was pretty clear he was not talking about the top Flight1 teams.    It's also clear, that you struggle with basic math or an understanding of the Flights.  There are 9 teams in each Flight.  It will be obvious after the 2nd CAHA weekend which teams are going to struggle, but if we assume your "top 4" then there may be as many as 5 Flight1 teams that can be beat or tied by a Flight2 team on any given day.  These are the teams that he was referring to. 

The other thing I really love, is that Flight2 gets to play a SCAHA game against the Lady Ducks U16 AAA team.  That should really be enjoyable and relevant competition.  Perhaps they can schedule some games vs. the Panorama city Div2 Beer league teams while they are at it. 

It's really a shame, because there are a lot of competitive teams below the top group this year, and it would be interesting and exciting to see how those teams develop (or not) but thanks to the geniuses at CAHA and now SCAHA, they've managed to create AA-B, in the least transparent and dubious way possible when this was not their charter or purpose.   When the Flight system was announced it came along with the provision that Flights would only be done if they could be done "fairly".    This season shows that they either don't have a clue what "fair" means or they were full of shit when that was published. 

And who asked SCAHA to implement this shadow flighting system?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:41:42 PM by lcadad »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #591 on: October 01, 2018, 08:05:06 AM »

The other thing I really love, is that Flight2 gets to play a SCAHA game against the Lady Ducks U16 AAA team.  That should really be enjoyable and relevant competition.  Perhaps they can schedule some games vs. the Panorama city Div2 Beer league teams while they are at it. 

It is complete and utter BS Girls team plays in a boys division and the boys have to cow toe to them and play their rules.  All Flight II teams should forfeit the girls games and stay home.  If everyone did it then it would send a message to the idiots that think this is a good idea.

Defensive Zone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-18
« Reply #592 on: October 01, 2018, 08:19:40 AM »
The Kings2, Bears2, Ducks2 and GSE1 have yet to play or beat a top Flight1 team either. In fact Bears2 only beat Reign by 1 and Kings2 tied Ducks1. Why are those teams Flight1? Based on what? When those teams did play top Flight1 teams in the Jamboree they lost by larger margins than the top Flight2 teams did to Flight1 teams. Based on Scaha reporting Kings1 have only lost to Saints1 and Wave1 by a score of 0-2. Guessing Kings2, Bears2, Ducks2 and GSE1 will lose by much larger margins when they play these same teams. Yet two of those teams are guaranteed a playoff spot before ever playing a real game.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #593 on: October 01, 2018, 08:48:57 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #594 on: October 01, 2018, 09:00:45 AM »
I think it was pretty clear he was not talking about the top Flight1 teams.    It's also clear, that you struggle with basic math or an understanding of the Flights.  There are 9 teams in each Flight.  It will be obvious after the 2nd CAHA weekend which teams are going to struggle, but if we assume your "top 4" then there may be as many as 5 Flight1 teams that can be beat or tied by a Flight2 team on any given day.  These are the teams that he was referring to. 

It's really a shame, because there are a lot of competitive teams below the top group this year, and it would be interesting and exciting to see how those teams develop (or not) but thanks to the geniuses at CAHA and now SCAHA, they've managed to create AA-B, in the least transparent and dubious way possible when this was not their charter or purpose.   When the Flight system was announced it came along with the provision that Flights would only be done if they could be done "fairly".    This season shows that they either don't have a clue what "fair" means or they were full of shit when that was published. 

And who asked SCAHA to implement this shadow flighting system?
He said 4 SCAHA Flight 1 teams, plus you add the two GSE teams, which leaves you with 3

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #595 on: October 01, 2018, 09:14:02 AM »
Touché

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #596 on: October 01, 2018, 09:16:53 AM »

Seems that I struggle with basic math as much as you struggle with reading and comprehension. I did mention numerous times that the 7 teams I'm referring to are all SOCAL teams. We were talking about flighted SCAHA games, correct? Obviously there are 9 teams in each flight, but I hope you're not planning to fly north to play GSE1&2 or Sharks except during CAHA weekends...

Since you want to get technical, out of the 9 Flight1 teams, there are actually 5-6 top teams, not just 4. I'm assuming GSE2, Bears1, OCHC1, Wave1 and Saints1 are the teams you're not talking about because clearly they're too much for most, if not all Flight 2 teams to handle. Bears2 and GSE1 are not that far behind and I highly doubt Flight 2 teams will 'beat them on any given day.' That's 7 solid teams out of 9... I don't care what team(s) you or whomever are referring to, but you're tripping if you think Flight2 teams can beat or tie most Flight1 teams consistently/on any given day.

Like I said, Flight1 is going to be very competitive against their peers, and likewise for Flight2.

Regarding the 16AAA girls, quit your whining and go out there and play! Unless you're asking for protection from having to play and lose to the AAA girls? We did it last year and played against AAA girls as a Flight 2 team. We won and we moved on. End of story. Is it tough for the boys to play against girls when checking is taken out of the equation? Perhaps, but if your team is good and can adjust, there should be no issues. But again, you can always cry about it and forfeit/throw a hissy fit.

I can only speak from my personal experience when it comes to this imperfect flight system. Lots of Flight2 teams think they can hang with or belong in Flight1, but that's not how it really works. Last year, there were 3 strong Flight2 teams, but when it really mattered, they couldn't beat ANY of the teams from Flight1, maybe once in a blue moon... So don't be surprised if your Flight2 squad aren't beating Flight1 teams 'on any given day' because from my experience, sounds more like wishful thinking.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #597 on: October 01, 2018, 09:46:06 AM »
Regarding the 16AAA girls, quit your whining and go out there and play! Unless you're asking for protection from having to play and lose to the AAA girls? We did it last year and played against AAA girls as a Flight 2 team. We won and we moved on. End of story. Is it tough for the boys to play against girls when checking is taken out of the equation? Perhaps, but if your team is good and can adjust, there should be no issues. But again, you can always cry about it and forfeit/throw a hissy fit.

Girls should play girls and it they want to play in a boys league they should play by boys rules. A boys team would never be allowed to play in a girls league. You believe it is crying because you have been kowtowing to feminists and their pursuit of elevated rights and believe we should continue to cater to them.

InDZone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #598 on: October 01, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »

Girls should play girls and it they want to play in a boys league they should play by boys rules. A boys team would never be allowed to play in a girls league. You believe it is crying because you have been kowtowing to feminists and their pursuit of elevated rights and believe we should continue to cater to them.

I would agree with playing with the same rules...however I do not agree that girls should only play in a girls league. I have seen many times boys get out skated and out played by girls. Sure it gets more chippy because boys don't like to get beat in anything by a girl. It is what it is...like justanotherhockeydad said just play get it done and get over it.

Time Flies

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-16
« Reply #599 on: October 01, 2018, 09:59:27 AM »
Justanotherhockeyday, correct me if I’m wrong since the scores are secret, but based upon the Jamboree scores your team lost to Bear1 0-4 and only beat Kings1 2-1. So based on those scores what makes you more entitled to never face a flight2 team in the scaha or caha games?