This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 287242 times)

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #750 on: December 03, 2018, 09:23:08 AM »
It’s quiet because CAHA has killed hockey in California. Who wants to talk about the fact that Kings2 went minus 21, Bears2 went minus 13, and GSE1 went minus 6 for the weekend and yet still one of those teams is guaranteed a playoff spot and another has the right to play in for a spot. Doesn’t matter that these teams only have 2, 3, and 4 points respectively for the season. Once again congratulations to CAHA for making sure all games are competitive. This weekend was nothing but blowouts in each Flight.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but of the 15 games in Flight I this weekend, more than half were decided by 2 goals or less.  The Flight II games were almost as close on average.  There were some blowouts, but this wasn't a weekend of "nothing but blowouts in each flight."  Personally I don't like the flight system for other reasons, and a couple of teams might be in the wrong flight, but in terms of making games "competitive" how was the old system better?  Does anyone really want their weekends filled with Bears 1 vs. Empire, or Wave 1 vs. OC2?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:23:59 AM by Strawman »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #751 on: December 03, 2018, 09:35:37 AM »
It’s quiet because CAHA has killed hockey in California. Who wants to talk about the fact that Kings2 went minus 21, Bears2 went minus 13, and GSE1 went minus 6 for the weekend and yet still one of those teams is guaranteed a playoff spot and another has the right to play in for a spot. Doesn’t matter that these teams only have 2, 3, and 4 points respectively for the season. Once again congratulations to CAHA for making sure all games are competitive. This weekend was nothing but blowouts in each Flight.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but of the 15 games in Flight I this weekend, more than half were decided by 2 goals or less.  The Flight II games were almost as close on average.  There were some blowouts, but this wasn't a weekend of "nothing but blowouts in each flight."  Personally I don't like the flight system for other reasons, and a couple of teams might be in the wrong flight, but in terms of making games "competitive" how was the old system better?  Does anyone really want their weekends filled with Bears 1 vs. Empire, or Wave 1 vs. OC2?

CAHA needs to grow a pair and drop teams that do not belong in AA.

puckslapper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-5
« Reply #752 on: December 03, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »
Strawman - that’s exactly the point...what makes your team so much better than the top 4 Flight2 teams that their weekend should be filled with playing Empire and OC2, but not yours?? And winning by 5, 7, 8 and 12 goals aren’t blowouts? But I guess you prefer your easy wins over Kings2 and Bears2 much better than playing the top 4 Flight2 teams where the games wouldn’t be so easy. SkatingDad is right on point.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:44:14 AM by puckslapper »

Face Wash

• Midget
  • LR Justice +16/-91
« Reply #753 on: December 03, 2018, 10:37:10 AM »
I saw some great games this weekend, Bears-1 is a very good team but those teams that go undefeated get eliminated all the time in the playoff's so I wouldn't count them as state champs just yet!  As for the flight system, I think it's been good for hockey, a few tweeks could really make it great! The top 4 teams in flight-2 could beat the bottom 4 flight-1 teams on any given day!

puckslapper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-5
« Reply #754 on: December 03, 2018, 10:44:10 AM »
Spoken like a true Wave parent. Keep the dream alive that you will beat Bears1 or that you could beat the top 4 Flight2 teams in a CAHA weekend. But we will never know because CAHA put you in a protected class based on what...your stellar performance at the Jamboree????

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #755 on: December 03, 2018, 11:22:08 AM »

CAHA needs to grow a pair and drop teams that do not belong in AA.
I'm confused by the above statement...

On a side note, IIRC Wave and OC actually do know a thing or two about bouncing undefeated teams, which led to the creation of the flight system. So really, blame GSE.

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #756 on: December 03, 2018, 12:00:42 PM »
Strawman - that’s exactly the point...what makes your team so much better than the top 4 Flight2 teams that their weekend should be filled with playing Empire and OC2, but not yours?? And winning by 5, 7, 8 and 12 goals aren’t blowouts? But I guess you prefer your easy wins over Kings2 and Bears2 much better than playing the top 4 Flight2 teams where the games wouldn’t be so easy. SkatingDad is right on point.

I'm sorry, but you must have me confused with someone else.  My kid doesn't play in either bantam flight so I have no particular axe to grind.  Last year his team was stuck in Flight 2 and we found it incredibly frustrating, mainly because there was no meaningful playoff spot to compete for.  But to be honest, if they had been in Flight 1 they might have lost every game they played, which would have been miserable too.  So as far as "competitiveness" is concerned, if I'm being completely honest, they were slotted correctly. 

Note that my post said I do not like the flight system, so I don't know how you could conclude that I support it, except that you can't read or just want to hear yourself bloviate.  But the idea that the flight system leads to more "blowouts" and fewer "competitive" games than the alternative (which is the only point to which I was responding) is complete and utter nonsense.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:23:45 PM by Strawman »

Maverick

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +27/-11
« Reply #757 on: December 03, 2018, 12:20:30 PM »

Hopefully, this will be then end of this experiment... They should have dropped the bottom four in Flight 2 to A and only had one Flight.

I cant see this being the end of Flighting, just because of some blowouts.  Shit, teams now are being built around the flighting system.  By having minor and major birth year teams put together to have minor year play flight 2 and major year play flight 1, teams are planning on being flight 2 to start with.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #758 on: December 03, 2018, 12:26:21 PM »
I predict the Flyers coach will not be able to control Brazzer this weekend and that our AAA player will never leave the ice.
So did WestBrazzerSide's AAA player hold it together for  the weekend ?

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #759 on: December 03, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »
Trans are you still butt-hurt over the near decapitation of the Wave player last year?  Worry about your little one and his kneeing suspension.  Speaking of knees, how are yours holding up On your 650lb frame. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #760 on: December 03, 2018, 01:54:36 PM »
Trans are you still butt-hurt over the near decapitation of the Wave player last year?  Worry about your little one and his kneeing suspension.  Speaking of knees, how are yours holding up On your 650lb frame.

Doing well, thanx.  Nice you know me and my East Los Wave are constantly on your mind.  I pictured you at 1 40ish A.M, sitting on your couch, in your stained Wave belly shirt covering your 375 lbs frame (650 lbs is too much embellishment), putting lipstick on wearing garters  :o [size=78%], typing away thinking about us Awsomely Cool Wave parents. [/size]
     You are obviously accustomed to looking at the suspension list to see if you AAAer is going to be playing this week.  I just found  out about this list this year.

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #761 on: December 03, 2018, 02:03:32 PM »
Funny 140am.  More like 1040 pm in Maui on Turkey day.  Thank you for sharing your Transexual fantasy’s with the board.  Now we really know what Trans stands for! 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #762 on: December 03, 2018, 02:25:12 PM »
Funny 140am.  More like 1040 pm in Maui on Turkey day.  Thank you for sharing your Transexual fantasy’s with the board.  Now we really know what Trans stands for!
Was that you winter migration to warmer waters ?

BRAZZERS

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-92
« Reply #763 on: December 03, 2018, 02:40:53 PM »
Yea, something like that.  Tranny guy. 

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #764 on: December 03, 2018, 03:21:10 PM »

Truth is that lil goalie should probably count his lucky stars for somehow weaseling out of a one year suspension and instead just serving 3 months and somehow have CAHA keep in on the DL. Kid is literally on thin ice and running out of teams to play for and one strike away from getting the boot from SCAHA/CAHA... Not sure if this is something you should go boasting around.