This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PW AA 2019-2020  (Read 241179 times)

JustAnotherHockeyParent

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-4
Re: PW AA 2019-2020
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2019, 04:37:24 AM »
Love 'em or hate 'em, the very first MHR Rankings are out: https://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2019&a=2&v=124. Last year (2018-2019) 2 SoCal teams landed in the Top 10 among ~ 1,500 ranked in PW AA. Hopefully this year, there are at least that many... off to a good start!

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2019, 11:26:20 AM »
Any score updates from the weekend?  I heard Ducks 1 beat Goldrush 1 10-0 in what was described as a "chippy" game.  Anyone see it?  I also heard the Bears beat the Reign 4-3.

MHR looks to be missing a few results from teams that could affect rankings.  Overall, nice work SoCal!

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2019, 05:32:39 PM »
In the South Bay all that matters is who our Kings beat.

09 Dad

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-20
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »
Any score updates from the weekend?  I heard Ducks 1 beat Goldrush 1 10-0 in what was described as a "chippy" game.  Anyone see it?  I also heard the Bears beat the Reign 4-3.

MHR looks to be missing a few results from teams that could affect rankings.  Overall, nice work SoCal!

If you have missing scores to report to MHR, you can input those on the MHR website.  They basically rely on the parents/coaches to report the scores of any exhibition games and SCAHA games (since SCAHA doesn't identify final scores on its site for AA).
[size=78%] [/size]

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2019, 12:56:19 PM »
For non-flighting supporters - recent scores are not indicative of what we'll see in CAHA standings and how much bottom 4-6 teams will learn in those games?
If anything - players will be discouraged, parents will be pissed at coaches etc.etc
Teams on top will spend majority of CAHA and good part of SCAHA seasons playing meaningless games where their defenses and goalies would see minimal job/development opportunities and forwards getting "freebies" - not an ideal preparation for Bantams or tournaments.

Still happy? And playing "all is development" songs?

OCHockeyDad07

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2019, 01:28:19 PM »
Did Gulls 2 really beat Gulls 1 by a score of 14-10?

😱😱😱

Time Flies

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-16
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2019, 01:54:03 PM »
Alfirst, we get it...you’re kid is special and on a fantastic team and won’t develop because they will blow out all teams. Enough already. Maybe you haven’t been around long enough, but in the United States, CA is only state to flight. Yet kids around the country develop. Let your kid play and quit telling him on the way to and from games how he is so superior he shouldn’t be forced to play teams he will beat. Let him enjoy his season.

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2019, 02:10:44 PM »
No, he is not, and no - team is not. That is especially why I (and not only I) wish we would have opportunity to face better competition for money spent anyway.
I do know some facts about other parts of the country and I bet you that in most of the states some AA teams won't be playing AA level.
And I do not have to tell my kid anything - scoreboard and shots on goal tell the story. At 12 one can figure that out

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2019, 04:12:20 PM »
I'm not going to name names, but look guys, you all know what you do when your video games get too easy; level up.  While "flighting" is not leveling up, destroying teams 15-0, 10-0, etc. shouldn't make you feel special.  Other states don't  do it because their wack-o parents at least understand that development occurs against challenging competition and dont have players playing up.  If everyone played at their level instead of pushing their little Iafrates to play beyond their capabilities we wouldn't have this issue.  Challenging competition means BOTH teams gain something from the game.  I would argue that this is currently not the case in PWAA.

Objectively, the scores I've seen show me that the top team(s) are going to be bored to death while the losing teams will always cry foul about their "lost opportunity" from teams they feel slighted by for whatever reason.  Relax people, none of this matters until next year.  So hang your Hat Trick and Playmaker  patches on your fridge because next year sniffing the goal (or your favorite AAA club) might be tougher than you think...

2 Cups in LA

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +8/-31
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2019, 04:26:22 PM »
Golden Knight is spot on!   For 07's this could be the last year of fun before the reality of Bantam checks  them out of the sport or they hang tough, learn to play a team game and realize they are no longer the star of the team.

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2019, 04:46:04 PM »
Golden Knight - 100% with you on 2nd part of your statement. 1st part is confusing though - as why flighting by your logic would not mean "leveling up" - imho that's exactly what it is and what was needed this year.
And while next year is one of the crucial ones - we still are taking one year at a time and need to live through this one.

805hockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-1
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2019, 05:45:57 PM »
There will always be teams better than others, no matter where you go....coming from Colorado, there were always better tier I and II teams that competed with others, and some that didn't belong.  It's the same anywhere you go

Golden Knight

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +1/-3
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2019, 06:30:54 PM »
Golden Knight - 100% with you on 2nd part of your statement. 1st part is confusing though - as why flighting by your logic would not mean "leveling up" - imho that's exactly what it is and what was needed this year.
And while next year is one of the crucial ones - we still are taking one year at a time and need to live through this one.

Flighting isnt leveling up for the simple reason that you are playing against similar level teams instead of the BEST 2007 teams. We all know there are a number of kids playing AA that COULD be AAA but for whatever reason did not go that route.  Dont want to get into that here, but we should all agree that's true.  Now I dont believe AAA is the end-all, be-all.  Yet, playing against teams comprised of the best kids top to bottom helps push kids developing to be better.  Detractors will argue that I'm making the same argument as CAHA not flighting, yet this also isnt true.  All birthyears should play against each other.  No PWAAA, AA, or whatever.  2007s are major (AAA), 08s are minor (AA),and 09s at minor part deux (A).  Keep birthyears together and playing up!  Puberty and time will level the playing field with the cream always rising....

alfirst

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-39
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2019, 09:48:10 AM »
Golden Knight - true again. If not perfect - flighting at least offers SOME leveling up. As an alternative - 07 better teams have to face half 07 half 08 teams that were gracefully granted AA level.
And how flighting different from grading B,BB, A etc. It is just another layer (and separator for birth years) - answering critics of "no state do this". One might think of that as just another letter instead of "flight".
As going by critics logic we might as well have one division and all play each other - B. BB. AAA. Ducks 1 just beat GR 1 10-0. Same Ducks 1 lost to Ducks AAA 0-7. What a fun and developing game would be Ducks AAA - GR1, huh.
For all top 07 teams waking up at 5-7 am and going to the games where result is known before the puck drops is not what they signed up for. Better system was in place but omitted this season for some reason. If bottom AA teams would go and play in-house teams and be crushing them - will they be happy? Separation in this year AA is just too much, imho.
[/size]
And to "Time Flies" and similar others - I would ask to stop going personally after my son and my perception of him - as you have no idea. I am trying to talk big picture notwithstanding where we belong and in return constantly getting personal attacks. That is not constructive opinions - I believe that forum is for that.

Time Flies

• Mite
  • LR Justice +6/-16
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2019, 10:55:51 AM »
It’s not a personal attack. You’re the one who keeps saying your son won’t develop this year because his team has to play weaker teams. It’s just a ridiculous notion you keep throwing out there. Teams/kids that work hard will develop despite occasionally beating a team 10-0. Are you saying Bears Bantam 1 kids won’t develop this year? Just stop banging the flighting system drum. It’s driven hundreds of talented kids out of the state.