This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 19-20  (Read 122591 times)

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
Re: Pee Wee A 19-20
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2019, 12:48:33 PM »
Ducks 3 goalie was amazing in the tournament final if it wasn't for him the score would have been 10-0. I am impartial my son plays for a different team unfortunately we didn't win a banner.

Now I'm confused; RE Ducks 3 ONLY... One person said "strong teams went to Vegas" fact was Ducks3 made it to the Finals and lost by I believe 1 goal. I inquired about this, Trans asked (appropriately) "you mean the team in 11th?" now someone says the goalie is amazing? So...even at 11th can't be that bad, perhaps finding their feet?

Blades of Steel mentioned that Norcal Silver Stick had no "street cred" maybe? I don't know...But I looked at the past winners and it looks like it's been the Wave pretty much every year, maybe the norcal teams say "why bother?" and don't enter? Which I find interesting because it looks like San Jose is a stepping stone to Detroit.

Am I asking really dumb questions? I don't mean to ask obvious things but there seems to be an underlining understanding I'm missing.

You can see it in my Power Rankings.  of the four Ducks teams in PWA, D4 is probably the best (dropped down from AA) and it is a toss-up between D2 and D3.  I feel that D3 has gotten better over the season, but might have hit a ceiling. 
The SDIA, D3, Gulls2 and the Bears are all fighting for seeds 7-8 as the top 6 are a lead-pipe lock. 

As for Silver Sticks, in my earlier post, I was going to go as far as to say "I guarentee Wave1 won every game at that tourney 10-0."  ... when MHR was fixed/updated, I was proven correct.  It was an "A" only tournament meaning they only advance to a lame "A" silver sticks international in Jan...  I guess Wave won't be headed to any "AA" tournaments that weekend.  (I established that Holiday, MLK, and Pres Day is when you go to tournaments and play UP to get ready for your own playoff run in CAHA.)  Granted, SS Finals will still be a great "A" tourney.  Hope they represent well.

I would say EHC, D3, and D2 (all went to Vegas) would have beaten all 5 NorCal teams in the SS tourney that didnt make the final.  The one Wave1 played is the (Cougars) is about the level of the Vaca Jets. 
Wave beat Cougars 5-1 (in championship)
EHC beat Jets 8-1 (round robin)
Similar to me. 

D3 have 4 guarentee wins and 7 total possible winnable games left.  That's a lot.  That's why I look at the schedule and do the power rankings.  I have D3 in the SCAHA playoffs.  FWIW

OGwave

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2019, 01:32:11 PM »
Pee Wee A is so watered down almost anyone can snag the 6-7-8 playoff spot. So many double B teams in the A division its ridiculous. Tired of delusional parents and coaches. Oh we will get better playing better teams BS your team and coach stink have fun losing all year for nothing!

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2019, 03:05:34 PM »
I think thats primarily because of the big clubs. They want to churn out players for Tier and could care less how A looks as long as parents pay. Its telling that half the teams are undefeated, and the other half is win-less (more or less). 

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2019, 03:35:51 PM »
Big clubs trying to fill requirements for Tier is a huge problem... LOOKING AT YOU REIGN, ICE DOGS!!!

I don't want to hear how good your AAA, or AA team is, it's a glorified "A" team and your actual "A" teams are suffering because of that greed for another letter. 

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2019, 03:41:34 PM »
Pee Wee A is so watered down almost anyone can snag the 6-7-8 playoff spot. So many double B teams in the A division its ridiculous. Tired of delusional parents and coaches. Oh we will get better playing better teams BS your team and coach stink have fun losing all year for nothing!

Only lucky scheduling will change the 7th 8th spots.  As I see it, D3 and SDIA are the locks.  Too bad Bears and Guls2... Your schedule is too tough and you are OUT!!!

Otherwise, teams 11-21 are total garbage and should be BB.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2019, 08:40:13 PM »
So no one else lurks here on a Friday night?  Cool.    :o :'(

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2019, 11:38:28 PM »
So school me on the Power Rating and MHR#? A couple of observations; What is going on at the Ducks in general?! I thought D2 would have been stronger, but I understand they have all sorts of problems. I see how D4 panned out. SDIA is interesting, they have the short bench right? Another team was complaining the kids tend to have a lot of soccer injuries, ordered from the coach. Lions and LD...never understood why they enter the season, seems like a lot of money for basically scrimmages. What's the point of their involvement in SCAHA if the games don't count?

Yeah, I got a lot to learn.

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2019, 01:19:17 PM »
I found out a couple of things, apparently the Jr Sharks team at Silver Stick was a AA team that dropped down. Regarding entering AA tournaments coming up for various A teams, isn't that more of the dilution of a level? Kind of like the BB teams in A right now?

Regarding Jr. Reign dropping down and being at the bottom, did they lose players when they switched to A? I think that's what happened with D4.

FrozenMom18

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-0
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2019, 01:38:30 PM »
D4 lost players but they are still doing well. Unfortunately Reign are not in the same boat. That club unfortunately has been known to throw teams in divisions that are not the best fit for their players.
In regards to A team playing up at AA for tournaments as long as said teams are at the top of A and winning games/tournaments why not let them play up. I know some top A teams have scrimmaged AA teams and have held their own.

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2019, 11:09:54 AM »
I found out a couple of things, apparently the Jr Sharks team at Silver Stick was a AA team that dropped down. Regarding entering AA tournaments coming up for various A teams, isn't that more of the dilution of a level? Kind of like the BB teams in A right now?

Regarding Jr. Reign dropping down and being at the bottom, did they lose players when they switched to A? I think that's what happened with D4.

The SS had 2 sharks teams.  Both are "A" teams.  That was NOT the Sharks "AA" team.  FYI.  MHR had it wrong.
https://stats.caha.timetoscore.com/display-schedule.php?stat_class=5&league=18&level=4&conf=0&season=24

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2019, 11:56:35 AM »
Also, in regards to the top "A" teams playing up into "AA" tournaments, it is popular and helpful in that it gets them away from the "A" tournament teams that are garbage and should be "BB" anyway.  Waste of time. 

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2019, 12:06:27 PM »
Also, in regards to the top "A" teams playing up into "AA" tournaments, it is popular and helpful in that it gets them away from the "A" tournament teams that are garbage and should be "BB" anyway.  Waste of time.
FYI, for a team that's a non tier team, it is very difficult to get into a REAL AA/AAA tournament.   Tier teams do not want to play non tier teams.  For them, it's a "waste of time" as you put it.  The tournaments that let non tier teams into their "tiered" tournament are usually tournaments that need teams......i.e. BF.....still owes me $$

BetterThanGetlaf

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-2
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2019, 08:40:09 AM »
Okay what were the results for the weekend? Are discussions about Ref's allowed? Cuz I got a few thoughts >:(

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2019, 12:03:57 PM »
Okay what were the results for the weekend? Are discussions about Ref's allowed? Cuz I got a few thoughts >:(

SCAHA ref's are the best in the country.  SCAHA has an amazing accountability system in place to monitor and train its refs.  I cannot imagine what you possibly could be interested in discussing about refs.  Even at the "A" level, we get some of the top veterans and once in a while, a ref and TWO linesman!!! 

BladesofSteel66

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +29/-22
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2019, 12:23:50 PM »
FYI, for a team that's a non tier team, it is very difficult to get into a REAL AA/AAA tournament.   Tier teams do not want to play non tier teams.  For them, it's a "waste of time" as you put it.  The tournaments that let non tier teams into their "tiered" tournament are usually tournaments that need teams......i.e. BF.....still owes me $$

Well, I disagree.  Tier lines are blurred all the time during tournaments.  CAHA weekends are separate altogether.  Tournament directors who accept teams look at their current level as well as performance.  They approve or deny team requests based on many other factors besides $$$.  The concept and labeling of "REAL" tier tournaments are few and far between (Silver Sticks, Edina Invitational, for example).  Most AAA/Elite summer tournaments are "all-star" teams put together anyway.  Anyone can play (Carmen Starr, CHITOWN Shuffle, etc.)  Typically, its the tournament that decides to put on the levels (A/B, AA, etc.)  Put it this way, if an "A" team that was sub .500 in its league wanted to play in a AA tournament in PHX on Pres. Day, they would be told NO and put in "A" by the tourney director.  Top teams play up, and garbage "TIER" 2 teams play down into "A" tourneys all the time. 
I am speaking from having gone to dozens of tournaments all over the country with different clubs.  I'm not a "know-it-all," just sharing my my experiences/observations. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:10:51 PM by BladesofSteel66 »