Hockey Discussions > High School Hockey

Adhshl playoffs

(1/3) > >>

Ole blueliner:
The adhshl league set their playoffs the same weekend as the caha tier 2 play downs (in Valencia) and the pacific district girls tier 1 and 2 playoffs in Seattle.  And they just announced the dates yesterday.

Unbelievable considering the same people are involved in running these organizations. Why can't they get together and coordinate these things so they actually work for the kids and parents?

So now my kid has to decide which team to go to play with at playoffs.  She is heartbroken.  I can't believe I paid all this money for this.

And I can't watch my other kids playoffs.

Obviously the people who run these organizations don't care about the kids.  And wh[size=78%]at about the hard working parents, especially single parents who spend a small fortune on this and an incredible amount of time getting kids to the rink and make all this hockey possible??  [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]The parents and kids deserve much better. [/size]

Why do the people

area51:
Just to clarify, ADHSHL playoffs start tomorrow for some divisions and next week for others. It's the CAHA Division 1 playoffs that are scheduled for the same weekend as Playdowns. Only D1 has two playoffs in the ADHSHL, and it's the CAHA D1 playoffs that sends teams to Nationals.
So this is CAHA's doing! You know they are aware that these teams have lots of Tier II kids playing on these teams. Why play a whole season only to have the playoffs come down to which team has the least amount of AA kids? Is there a certain team that might have some pull with this scheduling or is CAHA just that ignorant?

Maverick:
So glad to know Im not the only one who has critiques of the ducks league.  they take the "our way or the highway" approach to pretty much everything.  I wish i could see the enrollment numbers in the ADHSL vs SCAHA/CAHA 16-18's.  I predict as the level decreases in the ADHSL that SCAHA/CAHA numbers of 16-18's increases over the next few years.  Basically this season the league just re-set all the teams because all the teams except a few top private schools were ending up in D3.

OneandDone:
Feb 12-Feb 22, 2020ADHSHL PlayoffsVariousFeb 27-Mar 01, 2020Girls Tier1 and Tier 2 Pacific District TournamentTacomaFeb 28-Mar 01, 20202020 High School State Division 1A/2A State Championship Tournament (National Bound)RiversideFeb 28-Mar 01, 2020Tier II Playdowns - 12U & 14USimi ValleyFeb 28-Mar 01, 2020Tier II Playdowns - 16U & 18UValenciaFeb 28-Mar 01, 20202020 CAHA Tier I State Tournament - 11AAA, 12U and 13AAA ONLYRiversideMar 05-08, 2020Boys Tier I Pacific District Tournament (18U, 16U, 15O and 14U)TacomaMar 13-15, 20202020 CAHA Tier II State Tournament - All DivisionsEscondidoMar 20-22, 20202020 CAHA Select Camp (Boys & Girls)LakewoodMar 26-30, 20202020 High School NationalsMansfield, TXMar 27-29, 20202020 CAHA State A/BB/B TournamentSan JoseMar 27-29, 20202020 High School Division 2B State ChampionshipSan JoseApr 01-06, 20202020 Girls Tier I NationalsBlaine, MNApr 01-06, 20202020 Tier I Boys 14U NationalsChicagoApr 01-06, 20202020 Tier I Boys 16U and 18U NationalsRochester, MIApr 01-06, 20202020 Tier I Boys 15O NationalsPlymouth, MIApr 01-06, 20202020 Girls Tier II NationalsWest Chester, PAApr 02-06, 20202020 Tier II Boys 14U Nationals Kalamazoo, MIApr 02-06, 20202020 Tier II Boys 16U NationalsTroy, MIApr 02-06, 20202020 Tier II Boys 18U NationalsIrvine

Where exactly should they fit this in?  I’ve been saying for years that the two (Tier 1 and Tier 2 hockey vs. ADHSHL) are competing against each other.  The D1 division is pretty strong (16AA-18AA-ish) and there are 9 teams in it, so I don’t know what you mean by everyone is re-set in D3?  I think the idea is for A/B type hockey in JV, D3 is younger talented kids 14AA with some 15-16AA sprinkled in and D2 seems a small step up with some 18AA-ish players.

You should have known going in that there would be conflicts.  If you didn’t then your coaches lied to you or you just didn’t get informed.  Most every kid I know puts their travel team over their high school one, so you’re going to miss some games.  If you think your kid is going somewhere, then playing both 16AA and high school may provide some extra ice time for him/her to move on.  Otherwise, it might just make sense to accept that he/she is a 2nd or 3rd liner on a mediocre AA team or a 3rd or 4th liner on a AAA team and pick one league or the other.  Or you could go to one of the D1 schools and take it more seriously at that level. 

Just my 2cents…   

Ole blueliner:
To clarify, the JV playoffs are the same weekend as the boys tier II playdowns (in Valencia) and girls tier I and II playoffs (Seattle)
Tier I boys are not allowed to play jv high school.  So using your schedule the two weekends following the proposed weekend are perfect!! 

Missing regular season games is one thing and was completely expected.  Playoffs are very different.  My kid totally committed to both teams all year long and now can't play in the playoffs.  That is not acceptable. 

A little effort and coordination would go a long way to making the sport easier for people for join and enjoy.
Btw, the head of the high school league is on the CAHA board of directors. There is no excuse for this lack of awareness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version