This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 333391 times)

Hockey05

• Midget
  • LR Justice +59/-33
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2016, 11:25:39 AM »
The deadline has now past. Who has dropped or does peewee A really have 24 teams? 

If there are 24 teams then there should be 2- 12 team regional divisions and a 6 team cross divisional playoff format.  Thoughts?

Reality check

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +12/-25
« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2016, 02:06:35 PM »
My kid will not drop down to a lower division. We love chasing the letter.

;D That's cause your kid is the only kid on that team who will go pro.
Well thanks my lil superstar will be.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2016, 03:11:17 PM »
AA thread says that SCAHA or CAHA reversed it decision, and denied SDIA's request to drop from AA to A.  Thread says SDIA was winless (0-4-2) at AA. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:12:11 PM by 6607 »

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2016, 04:18:22 PM »
With today being the drop down date, has anyone heard of anything? I still have to believe the 2 Wildcat teams will drop since their AA team will fill the A club spot.

Can you name one time that a wildcats team has dropped down?

PeeWee AA team dropped to A.. LOL!

Okay i am impressed.  ;D

I'll tell you what... If only 1 team drops from A I'll buy you a beer.. But if at least 3 teams drop, you have to buy me a beer! Deal PK?

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #229 on: September 26, 2016, 04:22:23 PM »
With today being the drop down date, has anyone heard of anything? I still have to believe the 2 Wildcat teams will drop since their AA team will fill the A club spot.

Okay i am impressed.  ;D

I'll tell you what... If only 1 team drops from A I'll buy you a beer.. But if at least 3 teams drop, you have to buy me a beer! Deal PK?
Don't bet PK beers, he'll make you go broke.

Itsjusthockey

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-6
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2016, 04:26:29 PM »
Will be good to get a list of any teams that are moving down from A.  Heat PW A team has a short bench and we are looking for players so hoping to find 1 or 2 kids that are A quality but on a team moving down to BB (and the kids don't resign). Message me if you are looking for a team and are interested.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:38:11 PM by Itsjusthockey »

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2016, 07:24:13 PM »

Okay i am impressed.  ;D

Don't bet PK beers, he'll make you go broke.

I can't see you EVER running out of beers, Trans...

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2016, 06:51:21 AM »

Okay i am impressed.  ;D

I'm in!

skates

« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2016, 09:15:17 AM »
Anyone see any good match ups this past weekend? Score boards show a lot of blow outs again. Looks like some games were close. Some of the top teams were battling it out.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2016, 07:11:42 AM »
anyone know the result of Wave 2 vs. Lady Ducks?

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »
April Minutes posted.  Here's the discussion of competitive play:

Competitive Play Committee Ben Frank stated that the committee was tasked to update their proposals presented at
2|Pagethe last meeting implementing the results of the straw polls taken at that time. Ben Frank informed the board that the committee is recommending the following:
•   Proposal #1 – add a Peewee BB division •   Proposal #2 – longer evaluation period by extending the preseason from 3 games
to 5 games
Discussion followed in an open forum. There was an overall agreement by the presidents to add a Peewee BB division and to have a later final declaration date, after the 4th game of the preseason. In addition, it was recommended that teams should play in Labor Day tournaments. The SCAHA Commissioner will select the committee that will review the results of the preseason games and possibly Labor Day games wherever applicable. The committee will be tasked to make team movements whether up a level or down a level based on the results of these games. All movements will be communicated with clubs beforehand.
Chris Carcerano stated that the Letter-of-Intent will be reviewed at the Rules Committee. Chris asked for a straw poll from the presidents on whether SCAHA should continue with the Midget 16A and Midget 18A divisions. The presidents agreed that SCAHA should continue offering those divisions for the upcoming season.

Everyone interested should also look at the March minutes for some of the other ideas floating around.  The LOI reference is that it was proposed that LOIs stay intact if team are moved to different divisions within an A/B level...

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #236 on: September 28, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »

Competitive Play Committee Ben Frank stated that the committee was tasked to update their proposals presented at
2|Pagethe last meeting implementing the results of the straw polls taken at that time. Ben Frank informed the board that the committee is recommending the following:
•   Proposal #1 – add a Peewee BB division •   Proposal #2 – longer evaluation period by extending the preseason from 3 games
to 5 games
Discussion followed in an open forum. There was an overall agreement by the presidents to add a Peewee BB division and to have a later final declaration date, after the 4th game of the preseason. In addition, it was recommended that teams should play in Labor Day tournaments. The SCAHA Commissioner will select the committee that will review the results of the preseason games and possibly Labor Day games wherever applicable. The committee will be tasked to make team movements whether up a level or down a level based on the results of these games. All movements will be communicated with clubs beforehand.
Chris Carcerano stated that the Letter-of-Intent will be reviewed at the Rules Committee. Chris asked for a straw poll from the presidents on whether SCAHA should continue with the Midget 16A and Midget 18A divisions. The presidents agreed that SCAHA should continue offering those divisions for the upcoming season.

Everyone interested should also look at the March minutes for some of the other ideas floating around.  The LOI reference is that it was proposed that LOIs stay intact if team are moved to different divisions within an A/B level...

Always good to get the most up to date info from SCAHA in a timely fashion.   ::)

icedevil

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #237 on: September 28, 2016, 02:34:04 PM »
Lady Ducks- 7
Wave (2)- 1

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2016, 10:08:23 AM »

•   Proposal #1 – add a Peewee BB division •   Proposal #2 – longer evaluation period by extending the preseason from 3 games
to 5 games

Always good to get the most up to date info from SCAHA in a timely fashion.   ::)

Also great to see the "new" process working well  ;D

Postage

• Mite
  • LR Justice +0/-0
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2016, 09:46:21 PM »
Not so sure the "problem" began with letting Mites play up.  At the Pee Wee level, there used to be a disencentive/block to playing up.  It was called checking.  Not sure if kids were ever allowed to play up from a non checking division into a checking one.  Need some institutional memory from the board on this one.

It happened, but not very often and usually with kids who were oversized at their age. That tends to balance out as they progress. But a 5'5" squirt who had some coordination did just fine in peewee checking.