This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PWAA 2016-17  (Read 229959 times)

HockeyDadx3

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +54/-24
Re: PWAA 2016-17
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2016, 03:02:02 PM »
Even though we have officially left the state of CA, I check in every once in a while to check in on the madness, and here we have it. 9 yr old kids preparing for the International Level? Hahaha

They are 9, they could wake up tomorrow and decide they want to be competitive Pokemon card players.

Some parents are delusional. Trust me, letting your kid or kids, play at their age appropriate level and dominate and gain the confidence in carrying the puck and developing his or her ice vision is much more important. Sure, they may be studs now in their own age bracket, but wait until your 9 yr old who has a birthday in October goes up a against a 12 yr old with a January birthday and is closer to 13 than 12 and has started to grow due to puberty. Your little 9'yr old future Crosby/Stamkos/Kane will chase the puck all season and won't learn anything except how to skate up and down the ice.

But hey, it's your kid, not mine. Do your thing and let little Gretz prepare for his future NHL career how you like.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:03:09 PM by HockeyDadx3 »

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2016, 03:31:10 PM »
In some circles it might be in poor taste to run up the score, but where I'm from, point shaving to spare feelings is far more disrespectful to the losing party. If a nine year old steps out there, he should be prepared to be stepped on. Real nine year old children understand this. That's why they don't ask their opponents for mercy, they ask them for a rematch. And we ask the hockey gods for revenge.
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2016, 03:35:53 PM »
Lol...right. It'd be much better to keep the top end 9 and 10 year old kids in SQA or PWA where they may have one competitive game and blow out the rest of the teams 15-0. That'd be good for everyone involved, including Trans, who could then bitch at all the Junior Ducks in person instead of on this board for running up the score on teams.

There is a team of Squirts so dominant that they are going 15-0 in PWA?

So what happens when this Leviathan hits PW and can't move up to a checking division?  Just mail in the forfeits? I take it back, they all need an agents.  There is a blank ring for the Stanley Cup being reserved now.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2016, 03:44:47 PM »
In some circles it might be in poor taste to run up the score, but where I'm from, point shaving to spare feelings is far more disrespectful to the losing party. If a nine year old steps out there, he should be prepared to be stepped on. Real nine year old children understand this. That's why they don't ask their opponents for mercy, they ask them for a rematch. And we ask the hockey gods for revenge.
LOL......real 9 year olds.

Last Friday my "real" 8 year old,  Sat and watched a Dodger game for 2 innings with cotton candy crap all over his face.
He also didn't ask the cotton candy man mercy.  Next time down, he asked for more.
 ;)

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2016, 03:51:24 PM »
Lol...right. It'd be much better to keep the top end 9 and 10 year old kids in SQA or PWA where they may have one competitive game and blow out the rest of the teams 15-0. That'd be good for everyone involved, including Trans, who could then bich at all the Junior Ducks in person instead of on this board for running up the score on teams.
I beg your pardon,  pocket rocket. 

But my lil Gretz is a tier.

Held him back.....02 playing PWS,,,,,,,,,hope those 06 future cup thrusters don't intimidate him.

orangecone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +14/-4
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2016, 08:49:29 AM »
Enjoy it now, Bantam hockey is coming. It's the equalizer. #flagfootball to #Tacklefootball

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2016, 09:33:20 AM »
Start them a on a Steroid and Growth Hormone regiment now, you can never be to proactive.  Nothing like a Squirt with 20 inch arms to get the attention of a scout.

Maverick

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +27/-11
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2016, 09:41:02 AM »
Enjoy it now, Bantam hockey is coming. It's the equalizer. #flagfootball to #Tacklefootball

Yes, seeing that now.  watching some of the hot shits who dominated squirts and even into pee wees just arent growing...now that little speedster with his head down racing with the puck all over the place gets blasted off the puck or is timid and dont want to get hit!

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2016, 09:43:39 AM »
Yes Checking is a whole new game.

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2016, 10:28:39 AM »
Start them a on a Steroid and Growth Hormone regiment now, you can never be to proactive.  Nothing like a Squirt with 20 inch arms to get the attention of a scout.
Follow these instructions when you give your child corticosteroids:Give your child corticosteroids exactly as your personal trainer tells you, even if your child seems better. Stop giving your child corticosteroids only if his nuts disappear.Give your child corticosteroids with food, orange juice, and nicotine.Give your child corticosteroids in the morning at the same time every day. Pick a time that is easy for you so that you do not miss doses.Shake the bottle well before you give your child a corticosteroid if he or she is taking the liquid form of the medicine.Give your child corticosteroids with a syringe is a hollow tube that has a plunger and holds medicines.

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »
Look. It's a tough decision when you look at it from an injury stand point. As mentioned, the size and speed of kids 2 years older can cause major injury. Also, don't think for a second that some major year pee wee kid who is getting beat down by squirts isn't going to go brain dead and take liberties. It will happen. Aside from that I don't think playing up is a big hot button issue to get worked up over. There are certain (and I mean minimal)teams at each birth year that should play up. They pooled all of the talent on one team and need stronger competition. The problem is when parents and clubs take this as bible for the following years and apply it to their own son or team. Just because the CJ Ducks went independent years ago doesn't mean that everyone should do it because it's cool or trendy. That's where the issue lies.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2016, 10:52:56 AM »
Follow these instructions when you give your child corticosteroids:Give your child corticosteroids exactly as your personal trainer tells you, even if your child seems better. Stop giving your child corticosteroids only if his nuts disappear.Give your child corticosteroids with food, orange juice, and nicotine.Give your child corticosteroids in the morning at the same time every day. Pick a time that is easy for you so that you do not miss doses.Shake the bottle well before you give your child a corticosteroid if he or she is taking the liquid form of the medicine.Give your child corticosteroids with a syringe is a hollow tube that has a plunger and holds medicines.

Bro, you're doing it wrong. Corticosteroids = to control inflammation, arthritis etc. You need anabolic steroids if you want to look like Ahhhnold.

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2016, 10:56:28 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Do they cost more? :-[

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2016, 11:00:01 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Do they cost more? :-[

If you can afford tier hockey, I'm sure you can afford the good stuff.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2016, 01:31:48 PM »
I see that Valencia has just added AA for the Endless Summer Tourney Labor Day. Where is everyone going?

Hey PK, do you know what teams have been showing interest for the PeeWee AA and A divisions? Sorry if I missed a post about it.  :o :o :o