This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 336704 times)

skates

Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #645 on: March 05, 2017, 12:58:11 PM »
Seems weird to me as to why the schedule couldn't have been flip flopped as OC2 plays both Wave teams on their ice the last two weeks of the season. Seems like a pretty simple switch to accommodate the tournament.

I don't think flip flopping a schedule would of been possible. It is probably harder than you think and would of messed up a few other games. Not Scahas job to accommodate teams.

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #646 on: March 05, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »
Seems weird to me as to why the schedule couldn't have been flip flopped as OC2 plays both Wave teams on their ice the last two weeks of the season. Seems like a pretty simple switch to accommodate the tournament.

I don't think flip flopping a schedule would of been possible. It is probably harder than you think and would of messed up a few other games. Not Scahas job to accommodate teams.

My impression is that SCAHA has a no reschedule policy for a/b.  Makes it easier to tell everyone NO. Just like I think they turndown every minor year play up appeal.  Or so I've heard

skates

« Reply #647 on: March 05, 2017, 03:48:29 PM »
Nah my Squirt didn't even try out for the Wave!

Lol! Rocket your the idiot.  I wouldn't have to worry about the ice time because my kid wouldn't even be picked because he wouldnt be one of the top 20 with stats to make the team! We didn't even try out or go to the clinics. We didn't even participate.

Seems to be a theme. You know your kid isn't good enough so why bother have him tryout. You know he's not going to make it anyway. Instead of just accepting he's behind in his birth year, you like to diss the kids in front of him because it makes you FEEL better.

Oh geez, somebody is hurt that I said their team wasn't competitive. Just my opinion. Doesn't mean you have to agree.  My son didn't try out for that team, because one, we don't live close by and two, not a club I would want my son to play for. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Look at it this way, you have more time for golf now.

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
« Reply #648 on: March 05, 2017, 04:02:09 PM »

If they were competitive, they would of made playoffs.

What an absolutely asinine comment. Skates, you've been a hater all year. Why so mad, bro? Bummed your 06 ain't good enough?

Oops I hit a nerve! lol! Nah my Squirt didn't even try out for the Wave! Nor would I want him too. Take away 2 of their players and they would of been bottom 4. No I am not a hater, just too much hype about them when they didn't even make the playoffs.

Skates, often enjoy your comments but good grief, if someone took away the top  two skaters from any PWA team, PWAA team or even PWAAA team, that team would be very different.  We have experience with all 3 levels in the last two seasons.  My impression is that Wave 1 had more consistency from top to bottom of the roster than most of the playoff teams.    That reflects not just good recruiting or whatever one wants to call it, but effective coaching.    PWA teams all have some really talented kids and weaknesses at the bottom of roster. 

skates

« Reply #649 on: March 05, 2017, 04:32:36 PM »

If they were competitive, they would of made playoffs.

What an absolutely asinine comment. Skates, you've been a hater all year. Why so mad, bro? Bummed your 06 ain't good enough?

Oops I hit a nerve! lol! Nah my Squirt didn't even try out for the Wave! Nor would I want him too. Take away 2 of their players and they would of been bottom 4. No I am not a hater, just too much hype about them when they didn't even make the playoffs.

Skates, often enjoy your comments but good grief, if someone took away the top  two skaters from any PWA team, PWAA team or even PWAAA team, that team would be very different.  We have experience with all 3 levels in the last two seasons.  My impression is that Wave 1 had more consistency from top to bottom of the roster than most of the playoff teams.    That reflects not just good recruiting or whatever one wants to call it, but effective coaching.    PWA teams all have some really talented kids and weaknesses at the bottom of roster.

I actually agree with you about minus some kids the dynamics of a team changes.  But I do think the top 4 teams actually have 90% of kids that contribute to the team and that's why they are the top 4.  I just don't think they were as good as all the hype was. And good coaches are coaches that can by the end of the season have pulled up those weaker kids to be in the 90%. I am not sure which coach you are talking about was good. They seemed to not have a steady coach, just a dad coach.

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #650 on: March 05, 2017, 04:42:25 PM »
As a way to derail this circus...Any news from the Kings 1 game? Things very intersting after soem early results today.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #651 on: March 05, 2017, 05:55:16 PM »
Wave 3 beat Kings 1.  OC3 lost a really exciting game to Eagles 4 to 3.  OC3 takes  8th seed.

skates

« Reply #652 on: March 05, 2017, 05:57:04 PM »

My son didn't try out for that team, because one, we don't live close by and two, not a club I would want my son to play for. And three, he wouldn't make it.

Makes sense.

Okay you got me, if that makes you feel better so you can move on.

skates

« Reply #653 on: March 05, 2017, 06:01:21 PM »
Wave 3 beat Kings 1.  OC3 lost a really exciting game to Eagles 4 to 3.  OC3 takes  8th seed.

;D  OC 3 held on by one point. Will they be able to handle the pressure of playoffs? What does their stats look like with the top 4 teams?

1. Bears
2. OCHC 2
3. Ducks 2
4. Eagles

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #654 on: March 05, 2017, 06:12:31 PM »

;D  OC 3 held on by one point. Will they be able to handle the pressure of playoffs? What does their stats look like with the top 4 teams?

1. Bears
2. OCHC 2
3. Ducks 2
4. Eagles

Strange that it now says OC2 only played 13 games and is at 20 points? What's that about?

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #655 on: March 05, 2017, 06:41:17 PM »
Skates, the record against the Top 4 is beside the point, but I'll look into it.  The more relevant stat is their record against the 1, 4 and 5 seeds.

If my tabulations are correct, counting tourneys, pre season and regular season, the Bears are 4-1 against their first round competition, the Eagles are 1-5-1, OC1 is 2-1-2 and OC3 is 3-3-1.  These were hastily put together, so not saying they are 100% accurate.  That being said, how does one assess how teams are currently playing?  OC3 is playing great, but is also down one of their top forwards who broke his wrist at Phoenix.  Btw, the Eagles looked like a much improved team over when we saw them over Labor Day and in the pre-season.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #656 on: March 06, 2017, 08:31:10 AM »
Anyone know the score for the Bears - Jr Gulls game?

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #657 on: March 06, 2017, 08:33:58 AM »
Bears won 7-1

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
« Reply #658 on: March 06, 2017, 11:06:25 AM »
Skates, you ask how will OC3 handle the pressure of the playoffs.  The issue is not pressure.  As an 8th seed, they are the official underdog in all of their games here on out.  I don't expect them to feel any extra pressure.  They had to play there way in against the toughest schedule in PWA this year;  this cost them standing points and a higher seeding, but it spurred a lot of development and has accustomed them to playing tough competition and close games.  After losing the first two games of the season, every game was a must win.  I'm admittedly biased, but I think they are pretty tough for an 8th seed.  Should be a lot of fun this weekend!   

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #659 on: March 06, 2017, 12:04:02 PM »
Skates, you ask how will OC3 handle the pressure of the playoffs.  The issue is not pressure.  As an 8th seed, they are the official underdog in all of their games here on out.  I don't expect them to feel any extra pressure.  They had to play there way in against the toughest schedule in PWA this year;  this cost them standing points and a higher seeding, but it spurred a lot of development and has accustomed them to playing tough competition and close games.  After losing the first two games of the season, every game was a must win.  I'm admittedly biased, but I think they are pretty tough for an 8th seed.  Should be a lot of fun this weekend!
they have nothing to lose...it's the first place team that will have all the pressure. Just ask GSE2 Peewee AA who lost to the 8th seed OCHC and they are now out of the playoffs.