This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 336645 times)

Bystander

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-2
Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #660 on: March 06, 2017, 12:10:44 PM »
Skates, you ask how will OC3 handle the pressure of the playoffs.  The issue is not pressure.  As an 8th seed, they are the official underdog in all of their games here on out.  I don't expect them to feel any extra pressure.  They had to play there way in against the toughest schedule in PWA this year;  this cost them standing points and a higher seeding, but it spurred a lot of development and has accustomed them to playing tough competition and close games.  After losing the first two games of the season, every game was a must win.  I'm admittedly biased, but I think they are pretty tough for an 8th seed.  Should be a lot of fun this weekend!
Not quite sure you're familiar with the term "must-win". For a team that won only 6 of their 15 games, it's hard to say that they played that many must-wins. Unfortunately for OC3, there are no ties in playoffs, you actually need to WIN games now and you don't get the added benefit of playing bottom feeders anymore. OC3 has only 1 win against the top 10 teams this season. I don't see them lasting too long.

Wildwinger

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-1
« Reply #661 on: March 06, 2017, 12:32:18 PM »
Wow, blew OC3  out of the water. Congrats to OC3 but realistically they are the huge underdogs, with very little odds in going further. They had the worst offense of the top 8 with only 47, compared to the other teams.  6 of the 8 teams have over 60 and 4 of those teams almost hit 80 goals (pending scores)....... speaking of goals OC2 hit the wave with 15, was that really necessary???????????? seems pretty classless move by the coach................ 

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #662 on: March 06, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »
Wow, blew OC3  out of the water. Congrats to OC3 but realistically they are the huge underdogs, with very little odds in going further. They had the worst offense of the top 8 with only 47, compared to the other teams.  6 of the 8 teams have over 60 and 4 of those teams almost hit 80 goals (pending scores)....... speaking of goals OC2 hit the wave with 15, was that really necessary? ??? ??? ??? ?? seems pretty classless move by the coach................

That Wave team gave up 110 goals in 14 games. No disrespect to them but they simply weren't very good in this division and seems to me that any team could put up 10 on them with little problem. OCHC2 is one of the top 3 teams in the division. Should the coach tell the kids to stop playing?

Our team put up a lot of goals a few times this season. At 7 goals up our coach would switch offense to defense and vice versa. Made the kids make 3 passes before shooting on goal, and yet we would still be able to score pretty much at will on weaker teams. Does this make a coach classless? What would you do in that situation?

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #663 on: March 06, 2017, 12:57:31 PM »
With regard to the playoffs this weekend, you've got 3 points separating the 1st seed from the 7th. Should be an awesome weekend and good luck to all the teams who made the postseason. Should be a lot of fun for the kids.

Avcadet

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +7/-7
« Reply #664 on: March 06, 2017, 01:06:31 PM »
Wow, blew OC3  out of the water. Congrats to OC3 but realistically they are the huge underdogs, with very little odds in going further. They had the worst offense of the top 8 with only 47, compared to the other teams.  6 of the 8 teams have over 60 and 4 of those teams almost hit 80 goals (pending scores)....... speaking of goals OC2 hit the wave with 15, was that really necessary? ??? ??? ??? ?? seems pretty classless move by the coach................

That Wave team gave up 110 goals in 14 games. No disrespect to them but they simply weren't very good in this division and seems to me that any team could put up 10 on them with little problem. OCHC2 is one of the top 3 teams in the division. Should the coach tell the kids to stop playing?

Our team put up a lot of goals a few times this season. At 7 goals up our coach would switch offense to defense and vice versa. Made the kids make 3 passes before shooting on goal, and yet we would still be able to score pretty much at will on weaker teams. Does this make a coach classless? What would you do in that situation?
Keep in mind that OCHC2 did not play last weekend due to Wave1 forfeit. The game yesterday represented the last opportunity to play a game before the play-offs begin. OCHC2 had their game face on and executed play at their best in order to be prepared for next week. Wave2 did put up a fight and were respected for that.

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
« Reply #665 on: March 06, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »
Bystander, you are right that I didn't parse my words carefully enough.  A much more accurate description would have been "can't lose" situation, which was true for all their games from November until 10 a.m.  yesterday.  But it really isn't accurate to imply that the team with the hardest schedule got fat on bottom feeders.  There are only 5 teams that term could fairly describe and OC3 didn't even play 3 of them.  And if you dig a little deeper you will see they had a winning record against 2 of their first round opponents. 

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #666 on: March 06, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »

I think it would of been necessary for stats. If OC2 could of racked up the score to 21 goals, it might of put OC2 in first place above the Bears instead of 2nd. 1st and second seed is a difference of a few goals.

Good Luck to everyone in the playoffs!

I pretty sure the 1st tie breaker is wins, then it goes to Goal Differential. Also, to your point... Goal differential maxes out at 7 goals in a game to keep the blowouts from reaching the 21-0 mark.  :o :o :o [size=78%] [/size]

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #667 on: March 06, 2017, 02:14:49 PM »

I think it would of been necessary for stats. If OC2 could of racked up the score to 21 goals, it might of put OC2 in first place above the Bears instead of 2nd. 1st and second seed is a difference of a few goals.

Good Luck to everyone in the playoffs!

I pretty sure the 1st tie breaker is wins, then it goes to Goal Differential. Also, to your point... Goal differential maxes out at 7 goals in a game to keep the blowouts from reaching the 21-0 mark.  :o :o :o

I think 2nd tie breaker is head to head. Also I don't think the weekly standing alway correctly reflect tie-breakers.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #668 on: March 06, 2017, 02:21:41 PM »
Just ask GSE2 Peewee AA who lost to the 8th seed OCHC and they are now out of the playoffs.

9th seed baby, 9th seed! Get it right bro ;D

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #669 on: March 06, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »
Can someone please from Jr Gulls land please remind the manager to post the scores?

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #670 on: March 07, 2017, 09:51:59 AM »

Round robin play is 1,4,5,8 and 2,3,6,7

Play off prediction:

1. OCHC (2) 25 points (tie breaker head-to-head)
2. Ducks (2) 25 points
3. Bears 24 points
4. Ducks (1) 23 Points
5. Eagles 22 points
6. Maple Leafs 21 points
7. OCHC (1) 20 points
8. Kings (1) 19 points

The top 3 are set, may be a different order. 4 and 5 could switch but, they will be in the same bracket so... 6-8 are much more difficult to determine OCHC (3) could easy be in the mix.

Let the argument begin...

After applying the tie breaker rules in section 34.9 of the SCAHA Guidebook.  http://www.scaha.com/scaha/downloads/SCAHA-Guidebook.pdf

There is a three way tie for 1st between Bears, OCHC (2) and Jr Ducks (2) and a two way tie between Jr Ducks (1) and Maple Leafs.

I believe the following will be the standing after tie breaker rules are applied.

1) Bears - Most Wins
2) OCHC (2) - Point Differential
3) Jr Ducks (2)   
4) Eagles   
5) OCHC (1)   
6) Jr Ducks (1)   - Most Wins
7) Maple Leafs   
8) OCHC (3)

Was not that far off...

Ziegler

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +28/-13
« Reply #671 on: March 07, 2017, 10:58:01 AM »
What I'd give for a magic eight ball right now.  Dude if you can predict the 2 finalists, let alone the eventual champ, you will truly be the amazing kreskin of this site. 

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #672 on: March 07, 2017, 11:16:00 AM »
What I'd give for a magic eight ball right now.  Dude if you can predict the 2 finalists, let alone the eventual champ, you will truly be the amazing kreskin of this site.

I'll bite...

OCHC (2) and Ducks (2) in the finals. 

Roll the dice on who wins but, I will go with Ducks (2).

nirradus

• Mite
  • LR Justice +9/-7
« Reply #673 on: March 07, 2017, 11:27:22 AM »
Skatingdad, don't think your prediction will work.

OCHC2 and Ducks2 are in the same bracket, so they could play in the semi's but not the finals.

Finals are bracket 1 winner vs bracket 2 winner.

And while anything can happen on any given Saturday or Sunday, we're probably looking at Bears vs OCHC2, with Bears taking the title in a grudgematch/rematch of their Arizona championship game.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:33:22 AM by nirradus »

Rats13

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +16/-2
« Reply #674 on: March 07, 2017, 11:32:51 AM »
Skatingdad, not sure that your prediction is even possible.

OCHC2 and Ducks2 are in the same bracket, so they could play in the semi's but not the finals.

Finals are bracket 1 winner vs bracket 2 winner.

I think semis are bracket 1  #1 v bracket 2 #2 and bracket 2 #1 vs bracket 1 #2

Therefore teams in the same bracket can only meet again in SCAHA final?