This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Squirt A 2016-17  (Read 290565 times)

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
Re: Squirt A 2016-17
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2016, 11:36:58 AM »
Sorry was referring to the 06 team not the 07 team.

The 06 Ducks team that went to Buffalo last year when they were 9?

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2016, 11:43:38 AM »
Sorry was referring to the 06 team not the 07 team.

The 06 Ducks team that went to Buffalo last year when they were 9?

Not arguing that, however to your point of playing the best and measuring etc... Their were no strong 06 teams for them to play locally. All I said was if the point was to go to canada to play against top 06 teams, one of the best is right down the road. Aside from the experience and all that, which I get. I'm just addressing that...

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2016, 11:47:41 AM »
 http://youtu.be/f-PWJmvvZ_M.  This is why they went
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:48:49 AM by Kangaroo Jack »
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »
The catalyst for this whole trip was the NHL Kings stroking a fat check for a 3 year sponsorship of the Drew Doughty tournament to benefit Ronald McDonald House , and in return the Jr Kings get a spot in the Atom and Minor Atom divisions.  So the 07's and 08's will most likely go next year and the 08's and 09's the year after.  It was a first class event and a first class experience.  Beats going to KHS or Lakewood on a Sunday morning, even if the competition is good (it is).  Sorry but it's the truth.

HAHA! Now that.. I can understand a bit more.. Just was getting lost in the measuring stick talk. Glad you all had fun!

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2016, 12:15:30 PM »

SilkyMitts

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-3
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2016, 03:26:41 PM »
Enough already!!  Just let these kids play hockey.  We are in preseason and everyone is talking about no competition locally.  Every week, each team is going to get better and the Squirt A division will be highly competitive.  Let these super Jr. Kings run the table on all the others teams and then let's talk.  I doubt that is going to happen.  But for God's sake these kids are 9 and 10 years old, let them play and have fun.   

#4BobbyOrr

• Midget
  • LR Justice +98/-106
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2016, 09:05:23 PM »
Enough already!!  Just let these kids play hockey.  We are in preseason and everyone is talking about no competition locally.  Every week, each team is going to get better and the Squirt A division will be highly competitive.  Let these super Jr. Kings run the table on all the others teams and then let's talk.  I doubt that is going to happen.  But for God's sake these kids are 9 and 10 years old, let them play and have fun.

No one said there is no competition locally, just that they wanted to see how the kids do against competition from other regions.

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2016, 10:49:08 PM »
I applaud the JrKings' parents that decided to allow their hockey players to experience the travel and all Canada had to offer.  Yes, these kids are only 9 years old, but SO WHAT?  I won't begin to advise any parent what to do with their money and how to develop their young athletes.  I'm sure we all want the BEST for our kids. Whether it be local or a thousand miles away... if I think it will benefit the team and there's an agreement from EVERY parent TO attend a tournament far away, then so be it. 
I'd suggest other Members SHOULD voice their support because as other California clubs send their teams abroad and represent SoCal hockey... with their success, the rest of us could benefit as the world may want to travel to our local tournaments to compete and measure up against our players.  AND... you didn't have to spend a dime for the clubs that DO go thousands of miles.

Handboni

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +9/-15
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2016, 09:28:43 AM »
Well said, although other than western teams, top teams from other regions don't come to California, unless it's for a national championship or NHL Cup.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2016, 09:58:05 AM »
I applaud the JrKings' parents that decided to allow their hockey players to experience the travel and all Canada had to offer.  Yes, these kids are only 9 years old, but SO WHAT?  I won't begin to advise any parent what to do with their money and how to develop their young athletes.  I'm sure we all want the BEST for our kids. Whether it be local or a thousand miles away... if I think it will benefit the team and there's an agreement from EVERY parent TO attend a tournament far away, then so be it. 
I'd suggest other Members SHOULD voice their support because as other California clubs send their teams abroad and represent SoCal hockey... with their success, the rest of us could benefit as the world may want to travel to our local tournaments to compete and measure up against our players.  AND... you didn't have to spend a dime for the clubs that DO go thousands of miles.
Spoken like a true KOOL-AID drinker. 
When you've been hearing for the last 2 to 3 years that your 07s are AAA super elite.(remember B.O.) You start to believe it.  The argument of advancing So Cal hockey to the rest of the country does not hold water if you win only 1 game (unless your BF)

goalie_dad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +17/-8
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2016, 01:03:35 PM »
Predictions and rankings based on Tournaments and Preseason (Kings limited games make them hard to gauge).

1      Jr Ducks (2)
2      Jr Gulls
3      Ice Dogs (1)
4      Jr. Kings
5      Wave-Art (1)
6      Bears
7      Jr Ducks (1)
8      Wave-Ont (2)
9      Mariners

Next weekends games:
Jr Gulls v. Jr. Kings                     Gulls by 1
Bears v. Ice Dogs (1)                  Ice Dogs by 2
Jr Ducks (2) v. Wave-Ont (2)       Jr Ducks by 6
Wave-Art (1) v. Mariners             Wave (Art) by 6
Jr Ducks (2) v. Jr Ducks (1)         Jr Ducks (EK) by 2

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »

Who's giving the 'AAA super elite' speech? I'd like to hear it for myself and make my own judgement.

nuffsed

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-15
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2016, 02:13:21 PM »
no idea KOOL AID was so bad for you... however, Canada is currently the BEST nation when it comes to hockey.  you're correct, that no one will search GOOGLE for hockey tournaments when a California team wins ONE game, but... the JrKings ATOM team got 2 Wins and tied 2.  If more SoCal teams could afford to play in Canada and maybe win more than ONE game... why wouldn't teams outside the U.S want to measure their kids up against California teams.  Yes, it's a long shot... but I haven't read or heard of any other post on this board.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:14:08 PM by nuffsed »

Disco Dan

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +17/-32
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
no idea KOOL AID was so bad for you... however, Canada is currently the BEST nation when it comes to hockey.  you're correct, that no one will search GOOGLE for hockey tournaments when a California team wins ONE game, but... the JrKings ATOM team got 2 Wins and tied 2.  If more SoCal teams could afford to play in Canada and maybe win more than ONE game... why wouldn't teams outside the U.S want to measure their kids up against California teams.  Yes, it's a long shot... but I haven't read or heard of any other post on this board.

I can tell you that the Minor Atom team earned a ton of respect.  We played in the most difficult division, narrowly losing two games even though we had the run of play.  Most of the parents I spoke to thought we looked fantastic.  In fact, I was told that people would rank us as high as fifth within the tournament based on who we played and goal differential.  We may not get the Eastern Canadian teams coming west, but Vancouver sends teams to the Carmen Starr every year.  It is naive to think we didn't garner respect or deserve to play there.  It's exactly that type of thinking that doesn't allow kids to see what is possible.  Let them set their own athletic limits without you defining it for them. 

Just Saying

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2016, 03:03:18 PM »

If I'm not mistaken... doesn't the JrKings Atom team have 06s and 05s?