This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Pee Wee A 2016-17  (Read 333522 times)

skates

Re: Pee Wee A 2016-17
« Reply #765 on: April 04, 2017, 06:50:02 AM »
CAHA posted:
PW A state champs Tahoe Grizzlies
OC2 came in 2nd in states. That's a huge accomplishment. You made SoCal proud!

SCAHA Champs - OC2

Great Season boys! Take some time off and get ready for next season. I am sure every one of those boys would be a great asset to any team next season! Such a great experience for all that make it that far to compete.

That's a huge acomplishment for Tahoe! That's a small place with a small pool of kids to draw from. Props to Tahoe!

Yes Props to Tahoe! They also have 2 kids on their roster that live in Nevada, so I am sure that they draw more kids from other areas. And they have played together for 3 years.

3 years?? Damn! That's rare!

I think I'm going to start hitting you up Skates for all of my scouting reports! Haha!

How shocking is it that Tahoe kids have played together for years? Where are they going to go? Sharks Bay Area?

Some travel to Santa Rosa to play. A few left the club adventured off.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #766 on: April 04, 2017, 06:53:58 AM »
CAHA posted:
PW A state champs Tahoe Grizzlies
OC2 came in 2nd in states. That's a huge accomplishment. You made SoCal proud!

SCAHA Champs - OC2

Great Season boys! Take some time off and get ready for next season. I am sure every one of those boys would be a great asset to any team next season! Such a great experience for all that make it that far to compete.

That's a huge acomplishment for Tahoe! That's a small place with a small pool of kids to draw from. Props to Tahoe!

Yes Props to Tahoe! They also have 2 kids on their roster that live in Nevada, so I am sure that they draw more kids from other areas. And they have played together for 3 years.

3 years?? Damn! That's rare!

I think I'm going to start hitting you up Skates for all of my scouting reports! Haha!

How shocking is it that Tahoe kids have played together for years? Where are they going to go? Sharks Bay Area?

Some travel to Santa Rosa to play. A few left the club adventured off.

Wow a 3hr drive each way to practice? Damn

skates

« Reply #767 on: April 04, 2017, 06:56:53 AM »
I heard the competition wasn't that great.

Comments like that is exactly why your son will never make it to the state championship level and exactly why your team was eliminated.
[/

My kid did not play for the Bears this year, so I can acknowledge without prejudice that the club as a whole had plenty to celebrate besides a 1st place finish in Peewee A, including sending their Peewee AA team to the CAHA tournament, their Peewee B team to states after winning SCAHA, their Bantam A team to states after being runner up in the SCAHA championship, and having their Bantam AA team win CAHA and move on to the national championship tournament next weekend.   

I know lots of the families at the club, and they are classy folks who appreciate the sport and the competition, and wished your OC team congratulations and the best representing SoCal.  I watched the semi final game between your teams, and it was a tightly contested 1 goal game that all the parents and kids should feel proud to have been a part of.   

Just need to clear up some facts! Wrong: Bears did not come in 1st place for PW A.

1st: OC2 SCAHA Champions
2nd: Eagles SCAHA Finalists
3rd: Bears
4th: Maple Leaves

And nobody congratulated my OC team because my son doesn't play for OC. He is on squirt and his team did not make it that far.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #768 on: April 04, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »
Wrong Skates.  Clearly I was referring to the regular season, where they came in 1st and were the 1st seed.  Everyone who has looked at scaha, or kept up with the playoffs knows what occurred in the playoffs.  I'm well aware of what occurred in the playoffs, as I attended the semi-final game, as I mentioned.   I guess you didn't read my post.  Furthermore, how do you decide who comes in 3rd and 4th? 

skates

« Reply #769 on: April 04, 2017, 08:40:41 AM »
Wrong Skates.  Clearly I was referring to the regular season, where they came in 1st and were the 1st seed.  Everyone who has looked at scaha, or kept up with the playoffs knows what occurred in the playoffs.  I'm well aware of what occurred in the playoffs, as I attended the semi-final game, as I mentioned.   I guess you didn't read my post.  Furthermore, how do you decide who comes in 3rd and 4th?

Wrong Icadad. There is only one 1st place team for the season. The SCAHA champions -OC 2. Regular season games means nothing except for making the top 8. And yes I do know what happened in the semi final game, the best team won! And moved on to win SCAHA.  Third and fourth are based on how they seeded during the regular season.

Nobody remembers who came in 1st during the regular season for NHL, they only remember who won the Stanley cup. Stop trying to grip at anything to keep the Bears in the spotlight, They clearly got beat.  OC clearly had the better defensive record with only 26 goals against to the bears 41 goals against during the season. It was bound to happen for OC.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #770 on: April 04, 2017, 09:08:26 AM »
HAHA! Back to the defense topic.. Skates has been beating that drum all season!

I'll tell you what... I'll buy you a beer next season. It's ok man.. Inhale... Exhale!! [/size] ;) ;) [size=78%][/size][size=78%] [/size][/size][size=78%] [/size]

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #771 on: April 04, 2017, 09:10:42 AM »
OC clearly had the better defensive record with only 26 goals against to the bears 41 goals against during the season. It was bound to happen for OC.
This, after he says nobody remembers who finishes 1st after regular season play. ::)  Pretty sure points, wins, and goals for all come before goals against in the scheme of things.  OC won so you didn't even have to go there.  Next time just say "OC won the championship" and drop the mic...

skates

« Reply #772 on: April 04, 2017, 09:15:00 AM »

I'll tell you what... I'll buy you a beer next season. It's ok man.. Inhale... Exhale!! ;) ;)
[size=78%][/size]

Yep based on stats, which I do for a living, defense wins games.

skates

« Reply #773 on: April 04, 2017, 09:16:44 AM »
OC clearly had the better defensive record with only 26 goals against to the bears 41 goals against during the season. It was bound to happen for OC.
This, after he says nobody remembers who finishes 1st after regular season play. ::)  Pretty sure points, wins, and goals for all come before goals against in the scheme of things.  OC won so you didn't even have to go there.  Next time just say "OC won the championship" and drop the mic...

Yep I went there. 😀

Wildwinger

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-1
« Reply #774 on: April 04, 2017, 09:26:32 AM »

I'll tell you what... I'll buy you a beer next season. It's ok man.. Inhale... Exhale!! ;) ;)

So I guesss your defense forgot to show up for the CAHA championship game

skates

« Reply #775 on: April 04, 2017, 09:30:16 AM »

I don't know what happened, I was not there. My son doesn't play for OC. It could of been a defensive breakdown or a bad ref call. We would need someone from OC to comment on that. Maybe Avcadet could fill everyone in if he wants to.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #776 on: April 04, 2017, 09:37:34 AM »

I don't know what happened, I was not there. My son doesn't play for OC. It could of been a defensive breakdown or a bad ref call. We would need someone from OC to comment on that. Maybe Avcadet could fill everyone in if he wants to.

I'm sure Avcadet would say it was a great game and the better team won that day! Stats don't win every game; that's why you play the game, right... And that's why parents go crazy on CalHockey.com! LOL!

Wildwinger

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-1
« Reply #777 on: April 04, 2017, 09:47:04 AM »

I'm sure Avcadet would say it was a great game and the better team won that day! Stats don't win every game; that's why you play the game, right... And that's why parents go crazy on CalHockey.com! LOL!

No, I put money on Avcadet saying that the refs stole it from them somehow...........

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #778 on: April 04, 2017, 01:01:52 PM »
Fun fact. That lil' Wave team that had no business playing PeeWee A beat Tahoe twice this year.

Really? I just saw Tahoe beat the Wave 7-2 December 30th... when else did they play?

http://www.norcalyouthhockey.com/Sched/LT12A-Team.html
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:02:59 PM by MO-ICETIME »

skates

« Reply #779 on: April 04, 2017, 02:24:35 PM »
Fun fact. That lil' Wave team that had no business playing PeeWee A beat Tahoe twice this year.

Just a little fun fact, that Tahoe team was not the same team because jus like all travel tournaments, many teams all the kids don't travel and the little Waves added players for all of their tournaments that is the only reason they won the tournaments they did.