This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Cheating the p.d.r to make playdowns  (Read 34173 times)

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
Re: Cheating the p.d.r to make playdowns
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2017, 04:42:01 PM »
Congrats, due to your feelings being hurt, everyone not thinking your child is the best, and you wanting to get even with the coach, you single handedly devastated a group of kids and their families. Bravo... Remember karma ALWAYS comes back

Not sure who you're referring to, but I believe karma just has come back.  Definitely sucks for the kids and that's the worst part. These coaches think they're above the rules and if parents follow coaches who break safe sport rules, recruiting rules, PDR and more, buyer beware.   Personally, I would look at the Club who takes on these type and obviously the coaches if you're looking for blame.

Well put.  It's the club not the kids or parents.  Sad part is like you said is the kids who get the short end of the stick

area51

• Midget
  • LR Justice +82/-61
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 05:21:28 PM »
So Cal is such a small hockey community, it's too bad parents don't think first before alienating themselves, now who's gonna want this parent part of their group in the future?
This Dumb Dumb (hockey rules) might want to look into the new BF Team the Tijuana Kitties.  They'll take him.

Aren't the rules in place for a reason?  Did they change the rules mid-season?  Wave did the same thing with a Bantam team and everyone was all upset.  It's not that hard to comply
rules didn't change mid-season. but I believe this is the first year of 50% PDR for AA and next year I heard it's going back to 25%. As for the Bantam team, they were fine with being playoff ineligible, they just wanted to be on the Bantam AA schedule.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2017, 05:56:07 PM »
So Cal is such a small hockey community, it's too bad parents don't think first before alienating themselves, now who's gonna want this parent part of their group in the future?
This Dumb Dumb (hockey rules) might want to look into the new BF Team the Tijuana Kitties.  They'll take him.

Aren't the rules in place for a reason?  Did they change the rules mid-season?  Wave did the same thing with a Bantam team and everyone was all upset.  It's not that hard to comply
rules didn't change mid-season. but I believe this is the first year of 50% PDR for AA and next year I heard it's going back to 25%. As for the Bantam team, they were fine with being playoff ineligible, they just wanted to be on the Bantam AA schedule.

That Bantam A team isn't going to be playoff eligibale due to PDR.

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2017, 07:28:20 PM »
Congrats, due to your feelings being hurt, everyone not thinking your child is the best, and you wanting to get even with the coach, you single handedly devastated a group of kids and their families. Bravo... Remember karma ALWAYS comes back

Singlehandedly?

Karma?  A lot of Hindus playing hockey these days?  Maybe this and now is the Karma payback for all those kids being swindlers, hooligans and thieves in their last lives and now the karma score is even?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:45:11 AM by Puck Yeah »

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 09:46:33 PM »
I'm sorry, I didn't realize there were so many people in here that never break rules. Everyone here goes the speed limit, pays ALL their taxes, and never exaggerates. Its sad that the kids had to go down. "Buyer beware", they were buying, until things were not going their way. Then they ran and tattled.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 07:12:39 AM »
I'm sorry, I didn't realize there were so many people in here that never break rules. Everyone here goes the speed limit, pays ALL their taxes, and never exaggerates. Its sad that the kids had to go down. "Buyer beware", they were buying, until things were not going their way. Then they ran and tattled.

So what was it exactly that these disgruntled parents 'tattled'!? I've heard it was the extra money charged, the PDR, or both... Nobody follow rules fully 100% of the time, but CAHA rules are generally well defined and teams do try to comply to the fullest. There must have been something fishy or CAHA wouldn't have stepped in, right? But at the end of the day, it is a sad situation for the Wave2 kids. They did play well enough to make playdowns.

RightO

• Mite
  • LR Justice +8/-4
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 08:08:21 AM »
Greetings from stormy NorCal.....**For the record I am not a CAHA, NorCal, or SCAHA board member **

I would not normally post on a PeeWee board but this one has me going a little.  I find it interesting that those on this thread are blaming a "tattler" and making insinuations that they are black balled from youth hockey for life instead of looking at the real culprits in this whole thing.  Much like Wave3, Wave2 has become a victim of motivation to create teams no matter the rules. Let us break this down so that everyone understands..

The Wave created a team they knew was on the bubble as far as PDR.  The PDR rules were circulated way before the team was formed and were discussed at a CAHA Meeting.  Those same rules were discussed at the managers meetings to insure that this did not happen.  Well it did.  The Wave dropped a player but then added a player fixing the PDR issue.  The only problem is that the added player failed to actively participate in the required number of games per USA Hockey rule 10.10 that states "USA Hockey requires that a Tier II team must play a minimum of 20 games. Each rostered Tier II player must play a minimum of 10 games."  Lets go a little further and look at the documentation submitted by the team.  CAHA rule 6.13d states "Players not in attendance or not able to participate in any game shall be crossed off from the list of players on all copies of the game score sheet."  Hmmmm, this didn't happen either.

Let us take it one step further.  Rule 6.13c states "The head coach is responsible for the accuracy of the scoresheet.  Inaccurate or unsigned score sheets may result in suspension, fines, and/or forfeitures."  Sadly this is either a rookie manager, an misinformed coach or they were trying to get one over on everybody....either way not good.

Lastly, there is a roster credentialing process that all teams go through prior to playdowns.  This means that the club must submit their binder to the SCAHA registrar for review and certification.  Many of the violations should have and could have been found at this point.  So, make sure that your blame is pointed in the right direction.....

It sucks for the kids and parents that got caught up in this thing but look at the team that got in instead.  They complied with the rules and are moving on.  The club made a decision to try and work around the rules knowing there would be ramifications.  I would encourage the upset parents to talk to the club leadership and find out what really happened instead of taking shots and one another.  Go one step further and demonstrate for your young people what it looks like to face adversity and move on, coming out better on the other end.  I speak from experience as I was once referred to as "one of those crazy hockey parents." 

There are not any winners here.......

Handboni

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +9/-15
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »
Hear, hear!

Hkymom17

• Mite
  • LR Justice +1/-34
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
Greetings from stormy NorCal.....**For the record I am not a CAHA, NorCal, or SCAHA board member **

I would not normally post on a PeeWee board but this one has me going a little.  I find it interesting that those on this thread are blaming a "tattler" and making insinuations that they are black balled from youth hockey for life instead of looking at the real culprits in this whole thing.  Much like Wave3, Wave2 has become a victim of motivation to create teams no matter the rules. Let us break this down so that everyone understands..

The Wave created a team they knew was on the bubble as far as PDR.  The PDR rules were circulated way before the team was formed and were discussed at a CAHA Meeting.  Those same rules were discussed at the managers meetings to insure that this did not happen.  Well it did.  The Wave dropped a player but then added a player fixing the PDR issue.  The only problem is that the added player failed to actively participate in the required number of games per USA Hockey rule 10.10 that states "USA Hockey requires that a Tier II team must play a minimum of 20 games. Each rostered Tier II player must play a minimum of 10 games."  Lets go a little further and look at the documentation submitted by the team.  CAHA rule 6.13d states "Players not in attendance or not able to participate in any game shall be crossed off from the list of players on all copies of the game score sheet."  Hmmmm, this didn't happen either.

Let us take it one step further.  Rule 6.13c states "The head coach is responsible for the accuracy of the scoresheet.  Inaccurate or unsigned score sheets may result in suspension, fines, and/or forfeitures."  Sadly this is either a rookie manager, an misinformed coach or they were trying to get one over on everybody....either way not good.

Lastly, there is a roster credentialing process that all teams go through prior to playdowns.  This means that the club must submit their binder to the SCAHA registrar for review and certification.  Many of the violations should have and could have been found at this point.  So, make sure that your blame is pointed in the right direction.....

It sucks for the kids and parents that got caught up in this thing but look at the team that got in instead.  They complied with the rules and are moving on.  The club made a decision to try and work around the rules knowing there would be ramifications.  I would encourage the upset parents to talk to the club leadership and find out what really happened instead of taking shots and one another.  Go one step further and demonstrate for your young people what it looks like to face adversity and move on, coming out better on the other end.  I speak from experience as I was once referred to as "one of those crazy hockey parents." 

There are not any winners here.......

Amen! The coach and club did this not the parents. Shame on them

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2017, 10:51:17 AM »

Sure, we all roll through stop signs or drive over the speed limit.  But when one gets caught I don't stomp my feet and point to the guy coming down the road and tell the cop "see he didn't stop either!".   The difference is not breaking the rules, the difference is manning up when you get busted.

deeznuts

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-10
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2017, 10:58:35 AM »
Wave 2 might have shown they had PDR but a player that was rostered on the team was with club last year but didn't play in the required 10 games he needed to play.

Sad that the club, head coach, and manager allowed that to happen. how do you explain that to the rest of the kids on the team? Oh well!

good luck to all teams in play downs this weekend!!

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 11:21:31 AM »
Much like Wave3, Wave2 has become a victim of motivation to create teams no matter the rules. Let us break this down so that everyone understands..

Each rostered Tier II player must play a minimum of 10 games."  Lets go a little further and look at the documentation submitted by the team.  CAHA rule 6.13d states "Players not in attendance or not able to participate in any game shall be crossed off from the list of players on all copies of the game score sheet."  Hmmmm, this didn't happen either.

I'm pretty sure that the Bantam A Wave 3 team isn't playoff eligible but from what I've heard, some of their parents are under the impression that they are.  Is the PDR rule 50% for A hockey or is it 25%?  Either way, they have a particular player that does not show up to games and whenever they play at home, the player miraculously appears on the score sheet.  I know for a fact that this is occurring because I've seen video of multiple games.  Question is, I wonder if these coaches/manager will go back and correct these stats now that they are aware or if they'll continue to submit false information.

Seems to be a theme with these two... Just sayin  :o

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »
We had three families on are team that were Dumb as Crap. I would not hire anyone of them to be my gardener or my butler. The trio went out of the way to make our life's a living hell. Be careful of the players parents you pick. They maybe more damaging to your team than their offspring.  ;D
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 12:18:26 AM »
Well Ill be damned. I was wondering when the fireworks were going to go off with at least one of those numbers and I'm VERY SURE it was simmering from day 2 (Day 1 you have to put your best foot forward to fool everyone into how classy you REALLY ARENT).  That's how those devious types work .  Anyway Jacks statement is to be taken seriously. There was Drama from hell last year and it moved east. So now that's two ice houses with Persona non Grata signs posted at the entrance .  But as you have already read, its not them, ITS YOU that is the problem..! Just ask them!! We had a much more enjoyable year here and sorry some of you got hit strait in the face with the transplant but, at least you know what the cancer looks like now.

Damn, you just can't change the stripes on a zebra.

timekeeper

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-40
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2017, 10:32:18 AM »
The difference between Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 

On Tuesdays, we get to see posts that call out specific players and families by jersey number.  On Wednesdays we get to see that those posts were removed after the author stumbled upon a magic bean that gave them a sense of judgement. 

That's not very believable.  It could be that after going full retard, Simple Jack was taken hostage by Flaming Dragon who then removed the post since it was bad for their heroin business. 

That's probably a reach too - the hostage part at least.  Maybe he just got slapped down by the moderator...
"Are you acting as an administrator on this site?  Your post is unnecessary and will be deleted."

-Calhockey.com admin