This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Cheating the p.d.r to make playdowns  (Read 36368 times)

• Midget
  • LR Justice +36/-53
  • So how about it boys? Look like hockey to you?
Re: Cheating the p.d.r to make playdowns
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2017, 10:53:28 AM »
So how does a team that, by oneanddone's count, had 8 returning Wave players not meet PDR?  We've seen Wave parents deny the insinuations on the funds, but apart from calling out other families on their team, no one from the team has seemed to explain what was going on with their roster or what explanation was given to them for not advancing to the playoffs. 

• Administrator
  • Squirt
  • LR Justice +40/-10
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »
I removed the post because of the player numbers. If it happens again, the author will be banned.

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2017, 12:04:59 PM »
Damn, I got more Face Washes from one "Man up and take the consequences" post than I had total since I signed up for the site.  This must be SoCal, leftists don't like consequences.   :) :) :)   Maybe instead of denying them playdowns CAHA should fund a Rehabilitation program. ;)

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »
How does the moderator only have three face washes?  I get one every time I post :'(
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »
Hypocrisy seems to be in fashion.  I as far as I know, there are two Bantam teams that have the same issue with PDR. As Wave 2.  Why are they still going to the post season ?  Could it be that they are charter members of "The good old boys club" ?  If some of you posting think things like this doesn't happen every year in possible YOUR club, you are kidding youself.  If you look at who "pushed" for this inquire and who benefited here would most likely be our answer.  I know rules are rules.  There just needs to be a level playing field.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:21:06 PM by trans4761 »

Maverick

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +27/-11
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2017, 02:02:49 PM »
Didn't they change the rules back for next year to 25% PDR.  Kinda bullshit how they change it for one season and penalize some teams and then change it back!   Oops our bad...

Puck Yeah

• Midget
  • LR Justice +110/-51
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2017, 02:37:50 PM »
Can anybody recommend a good therapist?  4 more facewashes.  My self esteem is going all to hell.  I might have to start a new account and post some butterflies and unicorns to bump up the stick taps and feel better about myself.  Too funny, I don't even have a dog in the fight.  My son is not a PW.

Administrator:  Can we please stop keeping score on Stick Tap vs Face Wash please?  Everyone's a winner here on Calhockey. ;D ;D ;D

UhhhhDuhhhh

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +73/-29
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2017, 02:55:29 PM »
Hypocrisy seems to be in fashion.  I as far as I know, there are two Bantam teams that have the same issue with PDR. As Wave 2.  Why are they still going to the post season ?  Could it be that they are charter members of "The good old boys club" ?  If some of you posting think things like this doesn't happen every year in possible YOUR club, you are kidding youself.  If you look at who "pushed" for this inquire and who benefited here would most likely be our answer.  I know rules are rules.  There just needs to be a level playing field.
OK let’s hear it.  Who are the Bantam teams?  I’m a believer in the rules and if other teams are cheating provide the facts.  The “rumors” (I say rumors because I’m not privy to the facts) on this team are in and I haven’t seen anything to dispute that one of their kids who helped them meet PDR on the number quit well before the deadline and was harassed because of it. The Team found an ex-Wave replacement kid who had quit hockey and didn’t want to play anymore but the parents “supposedly” paid dues anyway and the kid who really didn’t want to play didn’t show up more than a few times and when he didn’t, they put him on the game sheets anyway and signed that he was there.   

The facts on the Bantam A3 team is that a coach was given a SS violation that was very serious and could have put kids in real danger.  Punishment was not coaching for a year at a certain club (who takes SS violations seriously) and instead of biting the bullet and doing his time, he decides to take his whole team somewhere else.  Now they're doing the same score sheet business. The worst part is that the Club they go to has $$ on their mind and takes in these coaches and kids and now the aftermath.

The point is, if coaches think they’re going to jump to other clubs and take large amounts of players with them, they will be looked at very closely by those other clubs.  I’m not a part of the Ice Dogs or the Ducks, but if I was management in those organizations, and one of these two coaches took off with what is akin to trade secrets or intellectual property or a non-compete clause in business, then yes, I would go after them too.  That’s why they put PDR and Block Recruiting Rules in place to begin with.  There have been plenty of coaches who have switched clubs and done it the right way.  Sure, the club they left may not have been happy and some players may have followed, but the coaches followed the rules because they knew they’d be under a microscope.

Kangaroo Jack

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +100/-61
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2017, 04:19:03 PM »
How do you call out parents if we cannot use numbers or names?
I believe in #daddycoaches 🧐

station26

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +133/-92
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2017, 04:32:11 PM »
You just have to trace their history of ice house to ice house and petty much everyone will figure it out. That's how I did and once the math added up I couldn't help but shake my head (except of course for you guys having to deal with it now). Someone made comment that the next stop is the BF house and Ill place money on that one. That's going to be the place where they will hear those magical words "Your kid is every bit the star you think he/she is and we are goona show the world just how right you were"..

Santino

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-5
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2017, 11:06:57 AM »
Did someone say Shit Show?

BigDuke6

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +21/-14
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2017, 12:35:29 PM »
Did someone say Shit Show?

Hockey in California.

Once this season is over only 4 seasons left until my son ages out.

coachbombay

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2017, 04:04:41 PM »
every single one of you will be miss the shit show when your kids are all grown up. I guarantee it!

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2017, 04:10:51 PM »
every single one of you will be miss the shit show when your kids are all grown up. I guarantee it!

When you hear the term Shit show understand it refers to Wildcat hockey and their tourneys. If you want to use the term feel free but use it right. No one is missing the shit show.   

Santino

• Mite
  • LR Justice +11/-5
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2017, 09:59:26 AM »

When you hear the term Shit show understand it refers to Wildcat hockey and their tourneys. If you want to use the term feel free but use it right. No one is missing the shit show.

Thanks Piston for clarifying that for the newbies.  Shit Show is a registered trademark of the WC program and has been for around 5 years, when BF started his unique approach to youth hockey.  Though a few other clubs try to imitate it, no one else has duplicated it.  Or dares.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:05:46 AM by Santino »