This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: PEEWEE AA how much is to much ? About $23,000 collected for team fees !  (Read 27228 times)

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
Re: PEEWEE AA how much is to much ? About $23,000 collected for team fees !
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2017, 08:28:23 AM »
My kids played 1 season in California (last season) and it blew my mind that clubs had to pay extra to participate in the playoffs and state tournament. We have lived in Alaska and Colorado and we have NEVER had to pay extra $$$ for making the top 8.

Thank god we moved back to Colorado and we are out of that bullshit ran system and almighty dollar based governing bodies.

What does a season cost in CO?

Only some of the clubs charge extra for making playoffs.  Some of the clubs in CA are really only worried about making money.

Face Wash

• Midget
  • LR Justice +16/-91
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
My kids played 1 season in California (last season) and it blew my mind that clubs had to pay extra to participate in the playoffs and state tournament. We have lived in Alaska and Colorado and we have NEVER had to pay extra $$$ for making the top 8.

Thank god we moved back to Colorado and we are out of that bullshit ran system and almighty dollar based governing bodies.

Only some of the clubs charge extra for making playoffs.  Some of the clubs in CA are really only worried about making money.

At the end of the day all clubs get you in the end, whether yo pay less up front and then have to pay for playoffs or more up front and it's included.  Six of one half a dozen of the other!

4 check

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +31/-40
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
How much has your team managers collected for tournements and coaches fees ect. $23,000 for 2 local in town  tournys and 3 out of state and play downs. How about $1300.00 or so for the 3 coaches to pay for gifts ? Is it standard practice for team managers to refuse to show team parents  (proof)  or actual reciepts for the money that has been spent ? Was just curious if this is normal. Thanks

I'm going to speak up here, I am over the bashing of the this team and fiances. So for the facts, not made up bull....

$1300.00 was not collected for coaches gifts. The team requested $50.00 per player, it was optional not mandatory. Families who appreciated the coaches and wanted to give back did. Not all contributed.

[font=verdana]Whenever a parent requested to view the financials they were granted access. To be honest, only one parent requested to view them which they were given access. A liar and complainer called SAHA, CAHA, and the club reporting false accusations that they were denied access. All the books and receipts were submitted to the above entities for review. Fricking miracle they came back clean with the exception of missing funds from a fundraiser that was put on by a parent that of course quit the team mid-season. No receipts were provided for the missing funds. [/font]

To be clear, the coaches and managers all paid the same team dues. No one received a break, discount, or a stipend. With all the crap this team had to put up with they should have!!!  All it did was make the remaining team members and families closer and support each other. It is really sad that three miserable families felt the need to attack and try to ruin this teams season and hurt a group of kids.  The kids are innocent yet you felt the need to attack them in your stupid pathetic posts and complaints to to CAHA, SCHA, and the club.  Maybe you should get a life outside youth hockey!

To all who read this.....before getting into the season make sure it is clear a MONTHLY ledger is sent out to the whole team.....it stops all the BS!
My experience is, every year that it was run without 100% transparency this happens as the bench gets shorter or a parent disagrees with some of the decisions the coach/team is making.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »

At the end of the day all clubs get you in the end, whether yo pay less up front and then have to pay for playoffs or more up front and it's included.  Six of one half a dozen of the other!
I hate to break it to you guys,  but youth hockey is a BUSINESS.  Just like all other travel youth sports.  You can call it whatever you want.  Do you work for free at your job ? Do you consider your pay "giving it " to your boss ?  Fuck'n hypocrisy.....

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
Clubs charge extra for playoffs because CAHA, SCAHA, and Norcal also have to charge the clubs for the ice, refs.
If your team makes playoffs, your practices run longer, so you pay the club for that extra ice and possibly, for the coaching.

The alternative: roll up that cost into each club's/team's dues.

Yeah.... as if the clubs and teams would want to pay for ice, coaching, refs they don't directly use? I don't think so.

skates

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 11:52:42 AM »

I hate to break it to you guys,  but youth hockey is a BUSINESS.  Just like all other travel youth sports.  You can call it whatever you want.  Do you work for free at your job ? Do you consider your pay "giving it " to your boss ?  Fuck'n hypocrisy.....

We have allowed it to become a business. We need to write to our city officials to invest in ice rinks so that it can become a park and rec sport so it is more affordable like football, baseball, basketball, and soccer and get some volunteer dads instead of paid dads.  Just think instead of buying a basketball gymnasium the city could build a city ice rink.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 12:10:34 PM »

There is a difference between paying all the bills, paying for ice time, paying a reasonable wage to all evolved and trying to make as much as possible. Youth hockey should not be treated as a traditional business which is to charge as much for your product as people will pay. All clubs should be a non profit. The ones that are not are the ones ripping people off...

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2017, 12:27:48 PM »

We have allowed it to become a business. We need to write to our city officials to invest in ice rinks so that it can become a park and rec sport so it is more affordable like football, baseball, basketball, and soccer and get some volunteer dads instead of paid dads.  Just think instead of buying a basketball gymnasium the city could build a city ice rink.
Skates, you beeding heart Bernie lover.  Yeh, that is a well spent apropreation of funds, socialized travel hockey.

Next your going to want your personalized EBT card to get your socialized Ding-Dongs.

skates

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »

Skates, you beeding heart Bernie lover.  Yeh, that is a well spent apropreation of funds, socialized travel hockey.

Next your going to want your personalized EBT card to get your socialized Ding-Dongs.

Love it! Why not? Our cities invest in many other sports and descriminates against hockey. They build huge gymnasiums. Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't know I could use an EBT card for my Ding Dongs.  Great idea! I can't help that I am good at finding snitches! I still feel sorry for wildwinger's friend that just got back stabbed. Maybe that's why I am in detective work!

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2017, 02:40:00 PM »

LMFAO