This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 286618 times)

Hockey sophist

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +50/-98
What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« on: February 28, 2018, 02:13:32 PM »
What teams and coaches will be out there next season?   I've heard that the Gold Rush will have a team but we don't know there coach or any of the others.    Who is recommended for development and fielding competitive teams?

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 02:05:51 PM »
Several of the Tier 1 teams were mostly 03's...the Bears Tier 1 have an 04 goalie but rumor is that he is going Kings AAA next year so that should make for a change there.

From tier II the Saints had a strong team and haven't heard of there being too much change there so they may be strong next year.

Wave 2 (Wada) was an all 04 team and everyone I have heard has confirmed going back so I do not think there will be much change there either and should make for a strong competitive team.
The Bears have 2 '04 Goalies and heard that 1 will be back and strong chance both will!

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 02:41:22 PM »
I was under the impression that Tier 1 is AAA and AA is Tier 2.

InDZone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »
I was under the impression that Tier 1 is AAA and AA is Tier 2.

Sorry meant Flight 1...I'll fix it.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 02:53:55 PM »
Keep hearing WW team is splitting up.  In talking to parents they are all in for next year.  Always a little turnover in every team but families are pretty tight knit ( alcohol welds).  Last year was the  building block for this year.  Families are all in. Goal in Artesia next year  is Nationals, not Prep school.  ;)

JakesDad01

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +3/-6
  • Long live the Crankshaft
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 03:09:22 PM »
No problem InDZone just some Friday afternoon attempt at humor.   :P   :o 

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 03:16:51 PM »
Keep hearing WW team is splitting up.  In talking to parents they are all in for next year.  Always a little turnover in every team but families are pretty tight knit ( alcohol welds).  Last year was the  building block for this year.  Families are all in. Goal in Artesia next year  is Nationals, not Prep school.  ;)
Sounds like the goal of this years Bear team that's playing in nationals right now... ;)

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »
Several of the Flight 1 teams were mostly 03's...the Bears Flight 1 have an 04 goalie but rumor is that he is going Kings AAA next year so that should make for a change there.

From Flight II the Saints had a strong team and haven't heard of there being too much change there so they may be strong next year.

Wave 2 (Wada) was an all 04 team and everyone I have heard has confirmed going back so I do not think there will be much change there either and should make for a strong competitive team.

I thought Saints had a number of 03s and some of their better 04s were gunning for the extra A this year.  Also heard talk not too long ago of players splitting off that team.  Could be mistaken of course, lots of rumors this time of year.

Hear the Wave are staying together and looking at several strong additions.  Tailgate is habit forming, I guess.  Hard to see who their competition will be next year but that's why they play the games.

InDZone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »
Sounds like the goal of this years Bear team that's playing in nationals right now... ;)

Aren't they mostly 03's? Hope they make it far...looks promising so far. They should do well in Midgets next year.

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 03:23:37 PM »

That's a realistic goal if you're good enough to get to nationals.  Otherwise, more like a pipe dream.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 03:37:38 PM »

That's a realistic goal if you're good enough to get to nationals.  Otherwise, more like a pipe dream.
I think you misunderstand... The Goal he is saying is to go to Nationals.. Win CAHA= Advance to Nationals. That doesn't sound like a Pipe Dream for the WW.

justanotherhockeydad

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +59/-56
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 04:24:09 PM »
Rumors have it that WW's core will be back and another top 04 kid all but committed. With some minor tweaks/addition, road to State will have to go thru Artesia next year. I think rumors were flying because Wada's spring skates have yet to start but you know what they say, gotta love rumors... Facts can be so misleading, where rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 05:04:32 PM »

Someone is a bit nervous.

Strawman

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-47
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 05:43:04 PM »

I think you misunderstand... The Goal he is saying is to go to Nationals.. Win CAHA= Advance to Nationals. That doesn't sound like a Pipe Dream for the WW.

I see your point -- I read it differently as saying WW's goal is nationals (realistic for them) as opposed to prep school (which seems to be the push at the Bears, but not realistic unless they have another group as strong as this year's team). 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:10:51 PM by Strawman »

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 06:40:07 PM »

I see your point -- I read it differently as saying WW's goal is nationals (realistic for them) as opposed to prep school (which seems to be the push at the Bears, but not realistic unless they have another group as strong as this year's team).

Oh they will have a group as strong this year.