This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?  (Read 286419 times)

JackBender

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +49/-20
    • Tom's Chuckle Barn
Re: What AA Bantam Teams for 2018-19?
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2018, 11:44:02 AM »
It's good to see some action in here.

No one moments on the Jamburee schedule?

Also the real good assistant coach that helped Wave win states. Isn't this the same guy who was head coach of the 2 win Bantam A team last year? I guess he had a crappy assistant coach last season.

For the record, the artist formerly known as "Assistant Wave Coach" won a PWAAA Minor CAHA Tier 1 Championship as an assistant coach, and was Runner-Up for PWAA Tier II Championship as Head Coach. Not sure his success as a tough coach is a coincidence. Are we still trying to be vague about this?
I'm your Huckleberry

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2018, 11:44:13 AM »
Assistsnt was a good guy,  Good family .  But he was not the reason WW won States.

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2018, 11:45:46 AM »
Assistsnt was a good guy,  Good family .  But he was not the reason WW won States.
Lol

InDZone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2018, 11:48:57 AM »
@ SkatingDad - Clearly your experience with Wada was not a good one, but your comments lead me to believe that you haven't spent a significant portion of time with him.
I have, and while he's not the perfect coach (don't believe there is such a thing), he is a good coach and the right coach for my son.  Under Wada's coaching, my son has developed tremendously and is playing the best I have ever seen him play, and this is due to my son's hard work, and the coaching he receives from Wada and his staff.  Have the assistant coaches contributed positively to WW success - Sure, why else would they be brought in, but they are not the only reason. 

Wada has developed a culture of expectation and consequences for not meeting expectation.  Every player has been held accountable for ON and OFF ice performance, and playing time has been adjusted for not meeting that expectation.  He is a good fit for my son, and the core group that have played with him for many seasons, and if you ask the parents, they will tell you that their sons want to play for Wada.
As far as his style, if you think your little gretzky isn't going to face yelling and intimidation in life outside of hockey, then your son is in for a big surprise.  Our kids are playing the greatest game in the world, working hard and learning life lessons that will extend and prepare them for future adversity.

Thank you for making my point. All your points above is what this great game of hockey is all about!

InDZone

• Mite
  • LR Justice +4/-2
« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2018, 11:51:57 AM »
It's good to see some action in here.

No one moments on the Jamburee schedule?

Also the real good assistant coach that helped Wave win states. Isn't this the same guy who was head coach of the 2 win Bantam A team last year? I guess he had a crappy assistant coach last season.

For the record, the artist formerly known as "Assistant Wave Coach" won a PWAAA Minor CAHA Tier 1 Championship as an assistant coach, and was Runner-Up for PWAA Tier II Championship as Head Coach. Not sure his success as a tough coach is a coincidence. Are we still trying to be vague about this?

Heard that all the families loved that assistant coach while he was there and still do but I'm sure that State Title may have had something to do with the kids on the ice.

Coaches and Kids deserve the credit.

Pistonkev

• AHL
  • LR Justice +157/-30
« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »
Behind every good coach are great players.

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2018, 12:08:33 PM »
SD, please tell us you really don’t believe the things your are posting? Cuz if you do, you might want some therapy?

5/6 coaches in 8 years? Are you trying to play on every to complete a SCAHA jersey collection?

RabidHockeyFan

• Mite
  • LR Justice +5/-2
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »
@ SkatingDad - Clearly your experience with Wada was not a good one, but your comments lead me to believe that you haven't spent a significant portion of time with him.
I have, and while he's not the perfect coach (don't believe there is such a thing), he is a good coach and the right coach for my son.  Under Wada's coaching, my son has developed tremendously and is playing the best I have ever seen him play, and this is due to my son's hard work, and the coaching he receives from Wada and his staff.  Have the assistant coaches contributed positively to WW success - Sure, why else would they be brought in, but they are not the only reason. 

Wada has developed a culture of expectation and consequences for not meeting expectation.  Every player has been held accountable for ON and OFF ice performance, and playing time has been adjusted for not meeting that expectation.  He is a good fit for my son, and the core group that have played with him for many seasons, and if you ask the parents, they will tell you that their sons want to play for Wada.
As far as his style, if you think your little gretzky isn't going to face yelling and intimidation in life outside of hockey, then your son is in for a big surprise.  Our kids are playing the greatest game in the world, working hard and learning life lessons that will extend and prepare them for future adversity.

There is a lid for every pot. 

The point is you do not have to put up with yelling and intimidation, it always ends badly.
I just don't agree that it is intimidation
Setting an expectation that you will play a certain way and with 100% effort, or your playing time will be reduced is NOT intimidation.
No different than if you don't get XXX done at work, you could lose your job - Not intimidation.
Do you have specific examples of Wada intimidation???
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:26:58 PM by RabidHockeyFan »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2018, 12:48:42 PM »
SKATING DAD !!!!......THE "PROTECTOR""

Just signed me Marvel.

......5/6 coaches....your kid played for only 8 years.....there must be a lot on MEAN  coaches out there !!

....or is Super Dad the issue ??

Never said my son played for them.

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »

There is a lid for every pot. 

The point is you do not have to put up with yelling and intimidation, it always ends badly.
I just don't agree that it is intimidation
Setting an expectation that you will play a certain way and with 100% effort, or your playing time will be reduced is NOT intimidation.
No different than if you don't get XXX done at work, you could lose your job - Not intimidation.
Do you have specific examples of Wada intimidation???

I am never going to name any kid specifically or describe a scenario on a public forum.  If you want to talk to me, I will tell you.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 12:52:21 PM by SkatingDad »

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #325 on: August 16, 2018, 12:51:49 PM »
Lol

You forgot to change screen names  ;D

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #326 on: August 16, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
So you have no basis for your comments, cuz you said your son never played for them. You are bashing a coach you never played for. Okay, Did you ever play for the WW?

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #327 on: August 16, 2018, 12:57:02 PM »
So you have no basis for your comments, cuz you said your son never played for them. You are bashing a coach you never played for. Okay, Did you ever play for the WW?

I have eyes and ears and it doesn't take long to see what is going on.

Yes

Voice in ur head

• Mite
  • LR Justice +29/-15
« Reply #328 on: August 16, 2018, 01:02:44 PM »
So your player played for him, you didn’t like him, and bash him ever since. His teams go on to do well, and I suppose the teams you are on also did just as well, so my question is why do you continue to bash a past coach this much? You are beginning to sound like a jealous ex boyfriend who can’t let go. I will send a bill in the mail no couch needed

SkatingDad

• Midget
  • LR Justice +60/-91
« Reply #329 on: August 16, 2018, 01:05:15 PM »
So your player played for him, you didn’t like him, and bash him ever since. His teams go on to do well, and I suppose the teams you are on also did just as well, so my question is why do you continue to bash a past coach this much? You are beginning to sound like a jealous ex boyfriend who can’t let go. I will send a bill in the mail no couch needed

Nice try but, no...

Smart people often seem crazy to others.  The fact that you believe in therapy tell me all I need to know about you.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:07:35 PM by SkatingDad »