This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: Bantam A  (Read 76617 times)

goonhockey

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +21/-24
Re: Bantam A
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2016, 11:02:40 AM »
what were the terms of the offer to return to 2A?

OneandDone

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +91/-39
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2016, 11:03:12 AM »
My next question is why do Ducks have veto power over everything?

WAVE 3 were made an entirely ingenuous offer to come back to AA. It was NOT in good faith at all, not one of you would have signed it. Why is no one talking about that?

The season hasn't evenstarted yet. I don't speak for WAVE 3, but there is still time to negotiate something and in the interim, I don't blame WAVE 3 for beating A teams like rented mules.

Backpedaling? Keep kicking and crying that it’s not fair!!!  Good teaching point for your kids so I’m sure they’ll still be living at home at 30.  Believe me, beating up on A teams doesn’t harm the A team because they all know it’s a AA team.  On the other hand, it does your team no good.  The right thing is to play AA tournaments and scrimmages and take what SCAHA or CAHA will give you in that division.  You were wrong!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:04:03 AM by OneandDone »

trans4761

• NHL
  • LR Justice +286/-342
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2016, 11:25:12 AM »
On a side note.........

The only jd team (coach) that has the "balls" to play W3 are  the Lady Ducks, tonight.

Protesting of JD Lives Matter will be meeting in the parking lot one hour before the game.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2016, 01:12:45 PM »
The coach of wave 3 was  a JD coach last year..  the majority of the team was JDs last year as well.  So the wave willfully broke the rules in building this team... and their punishment is to win the A division in a landslide.  The only real punishment here is what happens to the rest of the A division who does not deserve the @$$ whoopins they will be receiving.   They should be forced to play a AA exhibition schedule... then they will be the only ones getting punished.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2016, 01:23:57 PM »
Take what CAHA is willing to give us?

"Oh my, mem sahib, I am so grateful for your crumbs."

Hmm, let me think... how about what they used to say from my Knoxville Tennessee days: "---- --- , rude letter to follow."

As for the parking lot rumble with the girls tonight, my kid may be playing Danny in "Grease" this spring, so that may all work out.

As for Ducks, who died and made them God? Seriously, it's ridiculous.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2016, 01:31:29 PM »
I dont understand why everyone thinks the Ducks are doing this....

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »
...So the wave willfully broke the rules in building this team...
Pretty sure the Wave doesn't give a crap what level this team plays at, as long as they're getting paid.  Also pretty sure they didn't force any of those JD parents to sign those LOIs, the first time or the second time.  I think it's the parents' responsibility to do their due diligence before signing up, it's their collective fault that they're in the situation they're in.  And if SCAHA/CAHA gives you a way out, no matter how shitty you feel the deal is, if it's better than running rampant all over the Bantam A table, YOU FREAKIN' TAKE IT.  If you had a chance to play some semblance of an exhibition season against other AA teams, and you turned it down because of logistics, I hope you get to travel to Bakersfield to put an "@$$ whoopin" on the Dragons so you can lament about how bad a decision it was to play down in Bantam A after being offered a way out.

BTW, that wasn't directed at you Teemu, just borrowed your quote. Not sure if you have a kid on that team or not.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:47:11 PM by BlindZebras »

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2016, 01:50:22 PM »
As for Ducks, who died and made them God? Seriously, it's ridiculous.
Their level of influence is probably directly related to the level of their investment into the youth hockey scene out here on the west coast.  Name a club out here that is doing more to grow the sport (overall) than the Ducks.  Just sayin'...

...and no, my kid doesn't play for them and never has.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2016, 06:41:01 PM »
How ingenuous can you get? When the problem arose every good team was full. There was no option except surrender or invade Poland.

The joke is the boys have bonded as the black sheep of SoCal hockey and are playing with a lot of fire.

MO-ICETIME

• Midget
  • LR Justice +22/-24
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2016, 10:15:07 PM »
How ingenuous can you get? When the problem arose every good team was full. There was no option except surrender or invade Poland.

The joke is the boys have bonded as the black sheep of SoCal hockey and are playing with a lot of fire.

This "problem" didn't arrive after Tryouts... again I'm confused. The club  knew the rules and fiellded the team anyway, correct? What the heck am I missing???

BlindZebras

• AHL
  • LR Justice +121/-201
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2016, 07:34:22 AM »

Not sure you are making a good argument for how ingenuous everyone is being.  Like MO said, the coach/club/parents should have been able to discern that they were breaking the PDR rule from the get go.  Now, I accept that it seems a bit shady that a new rule would be instituted AFTER tryouts and be implemented retroactively, but again I say that if your team was given a way out of Bantam A and you chose to stay because it was perceived as a raw deal then you've made the bed you're sleeping in.  Maybe next time you won't dance so close to the fire.  Enjoy your "bonding" season, I'm sure they will improve at great lengths mopping the floor with everyone else.

Crash

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +24/-169
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2016, 08:26:30 AM »
Blind Zebras - YOU NAILED IT - that the indefensible and vindictive part with respect to PDR.

1. AFTER Tryouts

2. RETROACTIVE (?!) and 3. (correct me if I'm wrong) do teams not normally have until December (not sure the date) to add players? I know there was an issue on my son's Kings' team last year where they were looking to add a kid who was moving here from, like, Mars, and the move kept getting delayed. I remember hearing "as long as he's here by December, we can add him."

In the end the kid never showed up, so it was mute.

Does anyone know chapter and verse of the deadline, or is this vindictive, retroactive punishment only being exacted on WAVE 3 -- which is my point to begin with. If the the rule was "X" and applied equally to everyone, fine. No one was "skating close to the flame" (lovely ironic image). It was all done retroactively and only to W3.

THAT'S why W3 is on a take no prisoners mission.

Teemu8

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +32/-18
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2016, 08:31:38 AM »
The rule was already there... its not being applied retroactively.   They knew what they were doing... and now the rest of Bantam A is being punished

Panther Coach

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +41/-21
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2016, 08:38:04 AM »
Blind Zebras - YOU NAILED IT - that the indefensible and vindictive part with respect to PDR.

1. AFTER Tryouts

2. RETROACTIVE (?!) and 3. (correct me if I'm wrong) do teams not normally have until December (not sure the date) to add players? I know there was an issue on my son's Kings' team last year where they were looking to add a kid who was moving here from, like, Mars, and the move kept getting delayed. I remember hearing "as long as he's here by December, we can add him."

In the end the kid never showed up, so it was mute.

Does anyone know chapter and verse of the deadline, or is this vindictive, retroactive punishment only being exacted on WAVE 3 -- which is my point to begin with. If the the rule was "X" and applied equally to everyone, fine. No one was "skating close to the flame" (lovely ironic image). It was all done retroactively and only to W3.

THAT'S why W3 is on a take no prisoners mission.

The PDR requirements were posted on the CAHA website in April.  They are still there right now on the home page.  Long before Tier 1 or Tier 2 tryouts.  Your coach, parents, and club just can't read. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:54:20 AM by Panther Coach »

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2016, 08:48:46 AM »
Just curious - how bad was the Safesport violation?