This Community is For Sale - For more information contact: admin@calhockey.com

Author Topic: The end of the Titans?  (Read 52558 times)

OnePuck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +2/-0
Re: The end of the Titans?
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2017, 11:12:31 PM »
Talent has been flooding to the east coast for several years now, it's not new. What is new, is a club hosting a prep school scouting weekend which is essentially saying we encourage you to leave our program and go play some place else.

lcadad

• AHL
  • LR Justice +151/-121
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2017, 01:17:14 AM »
Not really accurate because that club decided it was not going to offer midget teams.  And at this point they would have a hard time changing course given the lack of available ice at their rink.

makeawish

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +23/-63
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
Actually KHS proved that you could start an AAA program and make it successful if CAHA hadn't changed the rules 'after the season was over'.  True, for the first 2 years of their AAA program the teams weren't as competitive as the established clubs, but for god's sake give them a year or two to build.  Hell, the Ducks couldn't field a decent AAA team for years because of OC so they had to buy OC to do it. Same with the Kings buying LA Hockey - Kings couldn't field a decent AAA team either.  In their third year of AAA the Wildcats did very well and if CAHA really wanted a decent league in SoCal they would have thrown support behind them instead of hiding behind rules that only served to bolster the JKs.
Ok, first of don't mix kHs wildcats with ben's wildcats. KL no matter if you are a fan of him did not sell A's like Ben does with the endorsement of USA hockey. Go back 8 years an KL and ML decided several times that the talent at tryouts where not Aaa worthy. Also you can't compare the old la select days with today, it was the only game in town to play aaa so it got the best players. Right before jr kings purchased la hockey/selects the club was struggling , having a hard time to roster enough teams for a 3 sheet facility. As for wildcats fproving you can start a aaa program I beg to differ. Just because you have one team which was TK sons birth year which was recruited like hell doesn't make it a AAA program. Look how all the other AAA teams did. Just because wildcats call it aaa doesn't make it one.

cog254

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +13/-3
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2017, 01:37:11 PM »
Mariners are on the 18AA Caha site under schedule, that's "new"....FWIW 

islandhockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-4
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2017, 06:54:34 AM »
Heard the Titans and JK scrimmaged this weekend.  Anyone know the results? 

CEO

• Peewee
  • LR Justice +40/-14
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2017, 07:30:05 PM »
Rumor: Ducks 16AAA beat Ducks 18AAA 6-1 in a scrimmage.  If true,  :o

Miss My 48080

• Mite
  • LR Justice +15/-4
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2017, 07:52:16 PM »

We've got friends with kids on both the JK 16AAA and the JK 18AAA. Don't quote me on the scores as I wasn't there and heard from the kids tonight.

The JK 16's beat the Titans something like 9-2.
The Titans 18's beat JK somewhere near 5-2.

Again, the scores probably aren't exact but the W/L is.

doncherrysucks

• Mite
  • LR Justice +7/-15
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2017, 08:28:47 PM »

We've got friends with kids on both the JK 16AAA and the JK 18AAA. Don't quote me on the scores as I wasn't there and heard from the kids tonight.

My sources on the JK16 said it was 9-1.   The title of this thread fits with how they played. 

islandhockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-4
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2017, 06:07:04 AM »
I had heard JK16  played JD 16s and JD won....can anyone confirm whether it was the JD 16s or 18s? 
Wow...Titans got smashed...not a good start

4 The Kids

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +9/-4
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »
JD 16AAA beat 18 AAA - 4-1 per CJ

JD 16 AAA beat JK 16 AAA - 5-2 - competitive game (1-0 after first half - two 30 min periods), but JD's are faster and have at least 3 game changing players and great goal tending - tough combo to beat!

JK 16 AAA beat Titans 16 AAA 9-1 - game was not competitive - Titans Goalie played very well or it could have been much worse.

Puckdaddy

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +4/-9
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »

My sources on the JK16 said it was 9-1.   The title of this thread fits with how they played.

The score of the 18s was Titans 18AAA 5  Kings 18AAA 4

islandhockey

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +13/-4
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2017, 09:22:36 AM »
First west coast swing through Tier 1 elite complete.  Looks like a smashing success for the JD.  Not so much for the JK.  Bad for the Sharks...  JD's putting high numbers on the board with splendid goaltending.  JK getting lots of shots; not scoring as much. Sharks pretty dismal.  But....perhaps not too bad as these teams have lots of new players and first weekend of heavy competition when playing together.  Go California! 

gr8wrk

• AHL
  • LR Justice +40/-71
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2017, 03:53:08 PM »

Ok, first of don't mix kHs wildcats with ben's wildcats. KL no matter if you are a fan of him did not sell A's like Ben does with the endorsement of USA hockey. Go back 8 years an KL and ML decided several times that the talent at tryouts where not Aaa worthy. Also you can't compare the old la select days with today, it was the only game in town to play aaa so it got the best players. Right before jr kings purchased la hockey/selects the club was struggling , having a hard time to roster enough teams for a 3 sheet facility. As for wildcats fproving you can start a aaa program I beg to differ. Just because you have one team which was TK sons birth year which was recruited like hell doesn't make it a AAA program. Look how all the other AAA teams did. Just because wildcats call it aaa doesn't make it one.
You must have been drunk when you wrote this.  LA Selects wasn't the only AAA club in town when the Kings bought them, as I noted in my post OC had a great AAA club at the same time and the Titans also had AAA then as did the Wave (remember "the crease?").  The Kings and Ducks both also had AAA but couldn't compete but they had $ and used it to by the Selects and OC (who have now formed the Gold Rush, bet they will have AAA within 5 years).  And how can you not mix the KHS wildcats with Ben's?  Going back 8 years the Wildcats actually had some of the best talent around (2 of their 99 kids at that time just made the NHL draft this year for god's sake).  I believe the Wildcats showed you can form an AAA club, except for the morons at CAHA who immediately tried to tank it and pump up their self anointed AAA clubs.  In any case, if you have any talent, you'll leave the state and find real opportunities away from CAHA.

Pass_the_puck

• Mite
  • LR Justice +3/-2
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2018, 07:21:17 AM »
CAHA just posted Tier 1 selections

Message from the President regarding Tier I Selections
Jan 27, 2018  8:49 AM
Per the Tier 1 Policy set forth by the CAHA Board of Directors on January 23, 2016, I would like to report the following Associations will be recognized as Tier 1 Programs through our affiliate, and USA Hockey for the 2018-19 season. Congratulations to the following:

11AAA (Minor) - Anaheim Jr. Ducks, Los Angeles Jr. Kings, San Jose Jr. Sharks

12U (Major) - Anaheim Jr. Ducks, Los Angeles Jr. Kings, San Jose Jr. Sharks

13AAA (Minor) - Anaheim Jr. Ducks, Los Angeles Jr. Kings, San Jose Jr. Sharks

14U (Major) - Anaheim Jr. Ducks, Los Angeles Jr. Kings, Golden State Elite, San Jose Jr. Sharks

15AAA - Anaheim Jr. Ducks, Los Angeles Jr. Kings, San Jose Jr. Sharks

16U - Anaheim Jr. Ducks, Los Angeles Jr. Kings, San Diego Jr. Gulls, San Jose Jr. Sharks

18U - Anaheim Jr. Ducks, Los Angeles Jr. Kings, Jr. Reign, San Jose Jr. Sharks

Congratulations to the successful applicants!
Tom Hancock

KickSave

• Squirt
  • LR Justice +23/-26
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2018, 07:59:51 AM »
The part that gets me about this announcement is this:"Congratulations to the successful applicants!"

Jr Ducks, Jr Kings, Jr Sharks don't have to apply.

I don't really, fully understand this.